EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b15 - Now with five lane drum support

Postby raynebc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:13 pm

When you save your chart, EOF will write a MIDI file to the save directory that your project (.eof file) is in. You can use Song>File Info to double check where the currently loaded project resides, or in a pinch, you can use File>Save As to save to a location of your choosing (however, files will be overwritten if they exist, EOF should warn you ahead of time in this instance).
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 am

Small bug: EOF also crashes when I try to change the display without any song loaded.
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Bigjoe5

Postby Bigjoe5 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:51 pm

It looks like arpeggios for each difficulty can be marked using the note directly above the slide marker for each difficulty (or two notes above the forced HOPO marker). I've tested this on Easy difficulty, and it seems to work fine.
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:48 am

I have found that channel 2 is used for arpeggio's to determine which notes will not be strummed. had to do arpeggio's in reaper when i tabbed the trees.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

Bigjoe5

Postby Bigjoe5 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 am

I noticed you changed the size of the text event window - that's good, because now I can see more easily if there are any errors with my trainer text events. Thing is, it's just small enough that I still have to wonder if some of them have closing brackets, so a bit bigger still would be ideal.

Edit: For some reason, EOF is writing note 17 instead of note 16 for my C5/G and F5/C chords, while my Eb5/Bb chords are being written correctly. Here's the midi file, if you want to take a look: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NXV715WD
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:40 pm

drihscol wrote:I have found that channel 2 is used for arpeggio's to determine which notes will not be strummed. had to do arpeggio's in reaper when i tabbed the trees.

My previous analysis found that these ghost notes are written over channel 1 (channel numbering starts at 0 in the MIDI specification, some programs may begin numbering at 1 instead of 0 at their own preference). EOF writes ghost notes this way, but I haven't really explained in very many easy to find places about how to use them to mark arpeggios. It'll definitely be in the pro guitar documentation.

Bigjoe5 wrote:Thing is, it's just small enough that I still have to wonder if some of them have closing brackets, so a bit bigger still would be ideal.

Sure, I'll go ahead and make it wider. I wasn't quite sure I had changed it enough for long text events to be fully readable.

Edit: For some reason, EOF is writing note 17 instead of note 16 for my C5/G and F5/C chords, while my Eb5/Bb chords are being written correctly.

Replicated and fixed.
the_spike

Postby the_spike » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:28 pm

So I'm trying to add leading silence to a song with EOF, I go to Song -> Leading silence, and I add like 1500 milliseconds, it encodes the ogg fine but when I save and put the resulting midi into Reaper there's nothing different, the notes come at the same time. The audio is fine and has the leading silence but the notes do not. Just wondering why this isn't working for me?
Youtube Channel
Last.fm
My Customs (154 Charts and Counting)
Latest Charts: Funeral for a Friend, Deftones, Chevelle, Foster the People, Bloodhound Gang
Rock Band 3 Xbox 360 Customs! No console modding needed!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm

That would happen if you don't have the "Adjust Notes/Beats" option checked in the Leading Silence dialog. If this is checked, all notes, phrases and beats are offset by the amount of silence added to the beginning of the chart. Usually, this option should be used.

This could also happen if you added 1500ms of leading silence and then just increased the chart's MIDI delay by 1500ms.
the_spike

Postby the_spike » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Alright got it, it wasn't that, I had to go to Beat -> Reset Offset to Zero.
Youtube Channel
Last.fm
Latest Charts: Funeral for a Friend, Deftones, Chevelle, Foster the People, Bloodhound Gang
the_spike

Postby the_spike » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:25 pm

I did get one but it was just Magma being picky, My BPM at the beginning was 30 and it wouldn't go through Magma unless it was 40 or above. Dropped the delay from 2000 to 1500 and it made it 40 exactly lol.
Youtube Channel
Last.fm
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b16 - Now with five lane drum support

Postby raynebc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Time for another beta. Changes since 1.8b15:
*Fixed a crash that could occur when changing certain preferences when no chart was loaded (ie. inverted notes).
*Fixed a crash that would occur at the end of the chart creation wizard.
*Fixes (again) the glitchiness with the pen note for pro guitar tracks.
*Made separate options for exporting a single fret hand position of 0 for each pro guitar and pro bass.
*Fixed a bug with the chord (scale) detection for manually named chords that would cause detection to fail if the scale wasn't one of the accidental scales (ie. Ab would work, but A wouldn't).
*Increased the width of the Events and All Events dialogs.
*Fixed a minor bug with Arpeggio phrase marking that would incorrectly mark the phrase if only one note was selected.
*Improved the 2D rendering logic's efficiency by allowing it to skip rendering phrases and beat markers that are off screen.
*Updated EOF to handle arpeggios as difficulty-specific phrases, as per RB3's notation for them. Project load/save and MIDI import/export have been updated. Arpeggios that were marked in previous beta versions of EOF will now be re-assigned to expert difficulty, so if you want them to appear in lower difficulties, you will need to create them accordingly.
*Updated MIDI import and export logic to use Rock Band 3's notation for hammer on and pull off pro guitar notes (one lane higher than lane 6), based on BigJoe5's testing in Rock Band 3.
*Made various rendering corrections for charts that don't use 5 lanes.
*Updated INI export to write the "sysex_open_bass = True", "sysex_pro_slide = True" and "star_power_note = 116" tags when appropriate for the chart. These tags will be recognized in future versions of Phase Shift.

EOF's charts should work more properly in RB3 now, there may still be some things (besides slides, nobody still seems fully sure about how these are marked) to fix. Please let me know any problems as you find them. italianstal1ion's long chart still lags a bit, but it seems much better than it was.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Re: EOF 1.8b16 - Now with five lane drum support

Postby italianstal1ion » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Nice, new beta. Glad to hear that the lag for long songs has gone a bit down (it was manageable with my buffer size increased before, but it got off sync after a few seconds still).

Still planning on the new paste feature? Maybe not merge, but replace?
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”