FoF Lyric Converter 2.40b (100% success rate)

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
mustangfred

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.40b (100% success rate)

Postby mustangfred » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:54 am

It was a problem of directory I put in Program Files (x86) and in that case there is no right to write the ultrastar file.

Thanks for your help
mcvanili

Postby mcvanili » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:21 pm

I've tried to build from source for Ubuntu 16.04.1 The building was OK (except that version is 1.8 but not 2.4), however running command

./eof -in KAR test.kar -out ustar ustar.tmp

opens gui. Trying a precompiled windows version with the same command did the job. Is it because of the old source or there're some additional options?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:34 pm

You built EOF from source instead of the lyric converter. There are makefiles in editor-on-fire\src\foflc that should do the job. Make sure to call foflc from command line and not EOF, which doesn't do command line conversions.
Last edited by raynebc on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcvanili

Postby mcvanili » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Thank you for help. It was really a stupid mistake
dacs

Postby dacs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:35 am

Does foflc capable of batch conversion from fof mid to ultrastar txt? Thanks in advance.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Yes. As per the first post's example, the suggested syntax (for an input file named "notes.mid" and an output file named "songname.txt") for that is:

Code: Select all

FoFLyricConvert -in midi notes.mid -nohyphens 2 -filter -brute -out ustar songname.txt
dacs

Postby dacs » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 am

I manage to convert using the above command but how about batch conversion? I'm not that familiar using command prompt.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:09 am

There are a couple ways you could do it, but one of the simplest ways would be to create a batch file to convert the file you drag and drop onto it. Assuming you have saved the program to the root of the C drive, create a text file someplace convenient, rename the extension from .txt to .bat (if you don't see .txt on the end of the file name you have to enable the display of file extensions in Windows), right click on the .bat file, select edit, paste in the following:

Code: Select all

c:\foflc.exe -in midi %1 -nohyphens 2 -filter -brute -out ustar %1.txt

save the file and exit. If you drag and drop a Rock Band style MIDI onto the .bat file, it will create an UltraStar lyric file in the same folder as the processed MIDI file, with a .txt file extension appended to the name. You can keep the batch file in one place, move it to whichever folder has your lyric MIDI, whatever you want should be fine. Just keep in mind that converting lyric files that are located in protected locations such as C:\ or within either Program Files folder may run into permissions issues where the converted file can't be written. If your lyrics to be converted are not in those protected locations, it shouldn't matter. Also note that it's easier to initially create the batch file outside of such a protected location otherwise the text editor you use to paste in that line may not have permission to save the file.
Last edited by raynebc on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
dacs

Postby dacs » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 am

@raynebc, It works...this will save me a lot of time. Thanks for your help. God bless
Last edited by dacs on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MRG

Postby MRG » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:11 pm

got a silly question, is there a proper way to batch convert? every time I try (using the command last posted a few months ago) it only converts one of the .mid files I drag to it when selecting more than one
Last edited by MRG on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:59 am

It looks like if you set your file association (at least temporarily) for MIDI files to the batch file containing the conversion command, you can then select all of the MIDI files you want to convert, hit Enter (or right click and select open), then Windows will open each of the MIDIs with a separate instance of the batch file and they all get converted. You can set your file association back to whatever program you want after.

To set the file association in Windows 7 (other versions are pretty similar), right click a MIDI file, select "open with", select "choose default program", click Browse, browse to the conversion batch file, select OK. The MIDI file will be passed to the batch file when you click OK, you can double check that the results are good.
MRG

Postby MRG » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:06 pm

raynebc wrote:It looks like if you set your file association (at least temporarily) for MIDI files to the batch file containing the conversion command, you can then select all of the MIDI files you want to convert, hit Enter (or right click and select open), then Windows will open each of the MIDIs with a separate instance of the batch file and they all get converted. You can set your file association back to whatever program you want after.

To set the file association in Windows 7 (other versions are pretty similar), right click a MIDI file, select "open with", select "choose default program", click Browse, browse to the conversion batch file, select OK. The MIDI file will be passed to the batch file when you click OK, you can double check that the results are good.

..that is genius

I'll give it a shot soon, thanks!
aihara

Postby aihara » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:29 am

Hi,

I'm still confuse on how this program work.

In my case, I have .mid files that contains lyric on it, and my plan is to convert that .mid file to .lrc (including timestamp)

Is that possible with the help of your program? Here is my file

Thanks in advance
aihara

Postby aihara » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 am

Wow, thank you very much raynebc, it's work. I'm using windows 10, with powershell and add ".\" at the beginning of your syntax.

EDIT: Thank you so much for your help
Last edited by aihara on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”