FoF Lyric Converter 2.40b (100% success rate)

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ducktapeguru
23rootbeer

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.36 (100% success rate)

Postby 23rootbeer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:58 am

Will Do.
Goal = Join Christian Efforts into One Organized Location
CLICK THE PIC FOR MORE INFORMATION
Christian Guitar Praise and Collection Project
I am the Only Person to Convert Songs From Guitar Praise and JamBand
Submit Your Christian Songs to This Collective Database
Check Back Often for New Songs and Other Content
Song Download Link
Ducktapeguru
23rootbeer

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.37 (100% success rate)

Postby 23rootbeer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 am

Thanks a lot, I will test it out today.
Goal = Join Christian Efforts into One Organized Location
CLICK THE PIC FOR MORE INFORMATION

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Christian Guitar Praise and Collection Project
I am the Only Person to Convert Songs From Guitar Praise and JamBand
Submit Your Christian Songs to This Collective Database
Check Back Often for New Songs and Other Content
Song Download Link

omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Attempting to use 2.37 to import an old vocal rhythm chart, but finding that the tempo map is dropped and the vocal track is the only track existing at all in the new midi, making the output useless. Digging through old hds for an old(er) version of this program unless anybody has a solution...........

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I've got vocal charts trapped in unusable format unless somebody can help me out. Really hope I'm missing something obvious here.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:01 pm

I can't reproduce that. I used FoFLC 2.37 to import the vrhythm MIDI and pitched lyric file for "The Sound of Settling" and output to MIDI, and the created MIDI contains a track 0 (with a single tempo change of 120BPM). This is how it is designed to work: A generic tempo map is created unless you specify a source MIDI file during export. Can you send me files that cause the problem you mentioned? Sending me debug logging would also help me see which command line arguments you're using, ie:
foflc your arguments here -debug > debug_log.txt
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:46 pm

raynebc wrote:I can't reproduce that. I used FoFLC 2.37 to import the vrhythm MIDI and pitched lyric file for "The Sound of Settling" and output to MIDI, and the created MIDI contains a track 0 (with a single tempo change of 120BPM). This is how it is designed to work: A generic tempo map is created unless you specify a source MIDI file during export. Can you send me files that cause the problem you mentioned? Sending me debug logging would also help me see which command line arguments you're using, ie:
foflc your arguments here -debug > debug_log.txt

Oh, maybe just the parameters/syntax have changed? I had a hard time finding mention of applicable changes to this function in recent updates. I do not get any errors using "-in vrhythm vocalnotes.mid vocals.txt -out midi completed.mid". In the last version of this program that I used this generated a fof-ready midi file which included everything contained in the original midi, plus a Part Vocals. Reading your response above it seems as though I'm now supposed to be including an additional midi file to provide tempo, but the seeming redundancy to that makes me think I must be misunderstanding. Isn't the midi that is sourcing my notes also sourcing a bpm? PM w/ files headed your way. Appreciate your swift response, glad to see you're still active. :smile:
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:58 pm

You're not required to provide any MIDI for this conversion except for the vocal rhythm MIDI. If you wanted to merge the lyrics with your completed chart, you'd want to do something like this:
foflc -in vrhythm vocalnotes.mid vocals.txt -out midi notes.mid noteswithlyrics.mid

The "notes.mid" above is the "source MIDI", basically the entire chart without vocals. The output MIDI "noteswithlyrics.mid" will be a copy of the source MIDI with the addition of the vocal track. If that combination of parameters isn't producing the correct results, then I'll definitely want to try to reproduce this with your files.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:01 pm

raynebc wrote:You're not required to provide any MIDI for this conversion except for the vocal rhythm MIDI. If you wanted to merge the lyrics with your completed chart, you'd want to do something like this:
foflc -in vrhythm vocalnotes.mid vocals.txt -out midi notes.mid noteswithlyrics.mid

The "notes.mid" above is the "source MIDI", basically the entire chart without vocals. The output MIDI "noteswithlyrics.mid" will be a copy of the source MIDI with the addition of the vocal track. If that combination of parameters isn't producing the correct results, then I'll definitely want to try to reproduce this with your files.

Oh. I see. Fully expect to having working results in a few minutes. You probably don't need to do anything with the files I linked. :blush:

edit: working, i was just using a dated format and not understanding why it was giving me the 120bpm. thanks raynebc.
Last edited by ryanpanties on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Working, just needed the additional output parameter. I see where I was missing it in the readme file as well, now that I know what I was doing wrong. The line "For export formats that are MIDI based, such as MIDI or Vrhythm, if a source MIDI file is provided, the source MIDI's contents are copied as-is to the export file" seemed to tell me what I remembered, and I didn't get as far as the additional output syntax info below.

Million thanks. :2thumbsup:
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.38 (100% success rate)

Postby ryanpanties » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Thanks again and again for this. :thumbup:

Issue:
I had a midi of a rap song for Rock Band, complete in every sense other than all vocal notes were still pitched when they shouldn't be.

I wanted to convert this to text to more easily add pitchlessness, and discovered that a conversion to ultrastar did it automatically (thanks for this!).
:2thumbsup:

When I converted back to midi I found that my original problem was solved, but that now a large number of my phrasing lines had jumped to a word later than their proper placement.
:confused:

If sample files are needed I can send them, but I assume this would be fairly easy to reproduce.

edit:
In fact, this seems to be happening in situations where (in the original midi file) the phrase designation and the first word of the phrase both start on the same beat. Having it push that phrasing line to just before the word would seem to fix the issue.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 2.38 (100% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:49 am

I'm not sure what's causing the behavior you're describing. I converted "Foolin" to UltraStar and pitches were kept, back to MIDI, and then to script format and all of the line placements looked correct. I may need sample files and some brief descriptions of specific things that are wrong in the conversions, along with the parameters you're using.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”