FoF Lyric Converter 2.40b (100% success rate)

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
trinidude4

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.53

Postby trinidude4 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Gugered wrote:I'm glad trinidude4 import it for mac, and it seems like it would work, however when try to convert says : "command not found".
Any help, anyone?

What command are you trying to run? I didn't fully test what I compiled. I just used a notes.mid as an input and outputted to another midi file and it did something. Also, if FoFLyricConvert isn't in your system's PATH, are you running it as "./FoFLyricConvert"?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:42 pm

After troubleshooting in an IRC channel, somebody brought up a point that I obviously overlooked: Running console programs created with Visual Studio 2008 requires the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package to be installed. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Any Windows user wanting to use the 32 bit build should try installing the VC2008 runtime files and seeing if it works. Do note that the VC2008 runtime will only install on Windows 2000SP4 or newer, so if you're using Windows 2K, update to the latest service pack. If you're using Windows 9x or DOS, you have to use the 16 bit build until I can get another compiler to make it work.

While troubleshooting the builds from the other compilers, I was able to import MIDI lyrics just fine. However I noticed that trying to import from a VL file failed. Here is a set of test files for my latest chart with lyrics (script.txt, notes.mid without lyrics, notes.mid with lyrics and a VL lyric file):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/i7z8jn

If anybody wants to test the functionality of any build of the program to make sure it's working, download the test files above and try running these commands:

FoFLyricConvert -in midi "notes (with offsetted lyrics).mid" -out script TEST_midi_to_script.txt
FoFLyricConvert -in script script.txt -out midi notes.mid TEST_script_to_midi.mid
FoFLyricConvert -in vl "ZARD - Ai wa Kurayami no Naka de (syllable sync).vl" -out script TEST_vl_to_script.txt
FoFLyricConvert -in vl "ZARD - Ai wa Kurayami no Naka de (syllable sync).vl" -out midi notes.mid TEST_vl_to_midi.mid

If you're running the program from the current directory at the command line in Mac, use ./FoFLyricConvert at the beginning of each of those test commands. If it completes without errors and the output file is created, it should be working.
Last edited by raynebc on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:42 pm

this is what i have done so far

i did the whole song with splitted words. ill try maybe to split it more but words are i think enough for me and its quick to do

own custom song with custom lyrics

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.54

Postby raynebc » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:22 am

I got some more time and cleaned up some code. I also utilized the nice MemWatch source package to help me identify a buffer overflow, which has been corrected. In addition, I found that the reason that some of my builds would crash is because of a badly-designed C library function, atol(), which if given certain input, would cause the entire program to crash. I added checking to ensure that it won't happen anymore. I have also added code to release all memory that my program allocated and there are now 0 memory leaks in the program.

But perhaps the most importantly, version 1.54 is a stable build that will run without any dependencies, no runtime files or anything. Just bring up a command window on any Windows computer running Windows 95 or newer and it's ready to use. I have personally tested it in Windows 98 and Windows XP.

A new Mac version will hopefully be available soon if trinidude4 has time to compile it.
enderandrew

Postby enderandrew » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:40 pm

Perhaps a stupid question, but is there a repository online where I can find lyrics that are already synched in time, or do I need to use VividLyrics to synch them myself, and then use the converter?
Nihilism makes me smile.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:06 am

Extended LRC format lyrics MIGHT have word sync capability, but you would still have to hope they were synced with the audio file you have. Eventually, I'll support extended LRC import and VL export so some day we ought to be able to convert to VL, import into VL editor, adjust the initial sync and export to whichever format we want for FoF.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.55

Postby raynebc » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:18 am

Adding enhancements and extended the testing to all RB1, RB2 and RB1-era DLC charts. Currently testing with a 278/280 success rate, where the "Papa Roach - Time Is Running Out" MIDI causes a crash. Once that's fixed, I'll probably upload a new version.

Edit: The fix for the Papa Roach MIDI shows that 2 other charts have MIDI errors, for which I'll try to come up with a workaround. In the mean time, the latest version is available for Win/DOS in the first post.

Edit: trinidude4 provided a Mac build for the new release, it's in the first post.
Last edited by raynebc on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.55

Postby ryanpanties » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Nice work. Hadn't seen this thread yet somehow, appreciate the link and the project! :smile:
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.6

Postby raynebc » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Updated to version 1.6.

The most important change in this version is the ability to convert Rock Band lyrics to UltraStar format so you can sing karaoke with Rock Band songs. Some audio work in a program like Audacity is necessary for you to merge the multiple audio tracks, but I included a simple tutorial in the readme file. UltraStar is a free clone of the SingStar karaoke game and is available here:
http://ultrastardx.sourceforge.net/

I also expanded testing to the RB2->current era of DLC and was happy to find that 100% of them were able to be processed, so none of the MIDIs have unusual errors.

The latest Windows/DOS binary is in the first post.

Edit:
The latest Mac build is available in the first post. Thanks again to trinidude4.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 pm

raynebc wrote:Updated to version 1.6.

The most important change in this version is the ability to convert Rock Band lyrics to UltraStar format so you can sing karaoke with Rock Band songs. Some audio work in a program like Audacity is necessary for you to merge the multiple audio tracks, but I included a simple tutorial in the readme file. UltraStar is a free clone of the SingStar karaoke game and is available here:
http://ultrastardx.sourceforge.net/

I also expanded testing to the RB2->current era of DLC and was happy to find that 100% of them were able to be processed, so none of the MIDIs have unusual errors.

The latest Windows/DOS binary is in the first post.

Edit:
The latest Mac build is available in the first post. Thanks again to trinidude4.

ultrastar==> FOF?
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:38 pm

raynebc wrote:Maybe in the next release. For that to be useful, you'd generally have to use audio that matches that of the UltraStar file, or you'd have to retime at least the beginning of the song.

if it will convert it to text/midi we could just realign it all... this it becoming quite a mighty program
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:25 pm

When I write the UltraStar import code, you'd be able to export it to any supported export format (script, midi, or back to UltraStar if you wanted to be silly). To make retiming due to a new offset easier, what do you think about a parameter to replace the first lyric's timestamp?

Example: Say the UltraStar song you want to use has audio that has a long fade in, the first lyric starting at 8000ms. And say you already charted the song and want an easy way to add lyrics, but you had used Audacity to cut a few seconds of silence off the beginning. By playing back your song slowly in Audacity or some other audio/lyric editor, you determined that your audio file's lyrics start at 3500ms. Assuming you knew both your file and the UltraStar file had the same audio recording (ie. ripped from same album), such a parameter for this program could be -startstamp 3500. The lyric converter could then use 3500 as the first timestamp and recalculate all other timestamps to result in synced lyrics. This would be pretty easy logic to add if there is some interest.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”