FoF Lyric Converter 2.40b (100% success rate)

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 3 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
bokan

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.84 (100% success rate)

Postby bokan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:18 pm

That was indeed the problem. I retyped the lyrics in manually and it worked fine. Thanks!

I want to be able to do midi instead of script.txt soon and tried doing that, but got this error:
"error: set tempo event encountered outside of track 0. Track # 1, file position 5686"

It's something specifically with the midi file, as it doesnt happen for the songs I have downloaded. Any idea what this is talking about?
bokan

Postby bokan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:47 pm

I have a feeling it's gonna get me flamed, but I made it in the freetar editor then ran it thorugh the frets on fire song converter tool.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:13 pm

That's probably the issue then. That converter is creating improper MIDI files. There's not a whole lot I can do to help..

You can try importing that MIDI in EOF and saving it after you correct any sync problems. You can rest assured that resulting MIDI will be properly made.
bokan

Postby bokan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:55 pm

I imported the midi into EOF then saved it again and the problem was gone (think I might start using this program to chart in haha). Thanks for the help and the great program!
Um?
Gugered

Postby Gugered » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 am

A question:
If i convert the text file of a song from ultrastar's songs directory to midi will it be displayed on fofix already with pitch?
I'm asking because i'm thinking of doing songs with vocals.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am

In theory, yes. However, you have to have an existing MIDI to merge the lyrics into, as my program isn't designed to create a MIDI from scratch. You can create a blank MIDI in EOF or a MIDI editor of your choice, and then use it with the converter.

I posted a song that I created in this manner and I was told that it works in the latest FoFiX beta even without any playable instrument tracks.
Um?
Gugered

Postby Gugered » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:45 pm

raynebc wrote:In theory, yes. However, you have to have an existing MIDI to merge the lyrics into, as my program isn't designed to create a MIDI from scratch. You can create a blank MIDI in EOF or a MIDI editor of your choice, and then use it with the converter.

I posted a song that I created in this manner and I was told that it works in the latest FoFiX beta even without any playable instrument tracks.

Thanks. :2thumbsup:
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: FoF Lyric Converter 1.84 (99.87% success rate)

Postby raynebc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:50 pm

I had a go at the recently-posted MIDI files for the RB DLC charts that as-of-yet are still not fully decrypted (audio encryption remains unbroken). Only one of them had a problem that caused my program to abort reading it, making it the only one out of all 787 charts that my program couldn't handle. I posted the script.txt files in the first post if anybody is interested.

Thanks go out to Xusder for providing the decrypted MIDIs, and thanks to Tormann71 for bundling them all up for me so I didn't have to download another GB of charts to get them.
G3n0c1de

Postby G3n0c1de » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:28 am

I've been trying to convert some lyrics, but it won't let me.

c:\FoFLyricsConvert.exe -in script c:\script.txt -out midi c:\notes.mid c:\noteswithlyrics.mid -nohyphens 1 -marklines

The syntax appears correct to me, but it gives this error message:

Invalid character encountered when numerical string is expected. Aborting

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 am

The syntax is perfectly fine, although the -marklines parameter won't have any effect unless you're exporting script style lyrics.

This particular error indicates that there is an error in your input lyric file, particularly, one of the timestamps or durations isn't a valid number. If you like, you can send me the script.txt file so I can verify that the error is legitimate. However if the lyrics are typical script.txt format (line synced), then they won't be suitable for exporting to scrolling lyrics.
G3n0c1de

Postby G3n0c1de » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Here is a link to my script file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?egnizmumjmo

By the way, I have been following the steps in your pitched lyrics tutorial up to this point. Is there a different way I should be going about converting these lyrics?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 pm

The import failed because you used the "-in script" parameter instead of "-in ustar", as this is an UltraStar text. So just change your conversion command to:

c:\FoFLyricsConvert.exe -in ustar c:\script.txt -out midi c:\notes.mid c:\noteswithlyrics.mid -nohyphens 1

and it should work. I looked at the lyrics in VividLyrics Editor, and it looks fine. I did notice a missing pitch shift or two, and some durations seem to need shortening, so it may be worth one more check.

Edit:
For the next release, I've added some more logic that allows the improperly formatted MIDI for "Take it on the run" to be imported. That brings the total back up to 100% compatibility with all Rock Band MIDIs.
G3n0c1de

Postby G3n0c1de » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:00 am

Ahh, so that's what it was, thanks for pointing that out.
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:34 am

raynebc wrote:Image

I think I'm about to be a HUGE(er) fan of this thread. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”