FoF - Song Manager 3.24

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 10 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rock Star
MasterPhW

Re: FoF - Song Manager 3.24

Postby MasterPhW » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:04 am

I really wonder what's wrong with Windows 7 64bit and this program. It seems, that windows 7 still has some problems regarding Java usage, because it always crashes while removing fake notes. It only continue till 7-9% then it hangs.
My Rigs:

Spoiler:Main: Intel Core i7-860 (@3.33Ghz) | 4 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI HD5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device |
4 TB Internal SATA2 + 6TB external USB3 | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA
Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA

*running FoFiX 4.x newest alpha git on python 2.6 build environment, 2 Les Paul PS3 Guitar Hero III Controller & 1 Complete Rockstar Set*
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:44 am

I had that issue also but I read the help (it's a html file that you already have) and that show me what to do.

The problem is, there are some midi charts that FOF Song Manager cannot read. Those charts are easy to find because when you click on a song you see that the notes are all at "0" (tihis is a ZERO) in a yellow background. In order to be able to open those files you must install EOF (Editor On Fire) so that you'll be able to open the song, using the FOF Song Manager by clicking in "Open in EOF" (or something like that) and then save it (without doing any changes). After that you'll notice that the same song will show all notes on the Song Manager.

You have to do this manually in all songs that the Song Manager cannot read. After that you're good to go.

I did it myself and it's working alright.

I just advise you to load a folder at a time so that the Song Manager won't take too much time removing the fake notes/tracks.

Hope it helps. :thumbup:

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Rock Star
MasterPhW

Postby MasterPhW » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:31 am

Typhus wrote:I had that issue also but I read the help (it's a html file that you already have) and that show me what to do.

The problem is, there are some midi charts that FOF Song Manager cannot read. Those charts are easy to find because when you click on a song you see that the notes are all at "0" (tihis is a ZERO) in a yellow background. In order to be able to open those files you must install EOF (Editor On Fire) so that you'll be able to open the song, using the FOF Song Manager by clicking in "Open in EOF" (or something like that) and then save it (without doing any changes). After that you'll notice that the same song will show all notes on the Song Manager.

You have to do this manually in all songs that the Song Manager cannot read. After that you're good to go.

I did it myself and it's working alright.

I just advise you to load a folder at a time so that the Song Manager won't take too much time removing the fake notes/tracks.

Hope it helps. :thumbup:

Hmm... a manual, what's that? ;)
I thought it was a Windows 7 specific problem, now I see, that I'm just to lazy (or to silly?) to read propertly.
Thanks mate.
My Rigs:

Spoiler:Main: Intel Core i7-860 (@3.33Ghz) | 4 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI HD5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device |
4 TB Internal SATA2 + 6TB external USB3 | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA
Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA

*running FoFiX 4.x newest alpha git on python 2.6 build environment, 2 Les Paul PS3 Guitar Hero III Controller & 1 Complete Rockstar Set*
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 am

MasterPhW wrote:Hmm... a manual, what's that? ;)

LOL! :biggrin:

MasterPhW wrote:... now I see, that I'm just to lazy (or to silly?) to read propertly.

No you're not. At least IMO. :wink:

MasterPhW wrote:Thanks mate.

No problem. Anytime anywhere.

May the frets be with you my friend. :laugh:

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Fail Rating = 2%
RaianTheFallen

Postby RaianTheFallen » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:23 am

I think a feature to add your own .ini values to a selected song would prove quite useful. Or at least add an "icon" box.
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:19 pm

I have a question, sorry I haven't read through the thread.

But would this application allow me to open a song.ini file and delete the "scores" from it?

I am trying to start out a fresh new song folder with "clean" song files. Meaning NO scores, or data from a previous time.

I have turned off the option to save data to songs after playing. But it seems like that is not working. Since now with SVN FoFIX 1211, it is saving (or at least) shows my name (new user setting) and score after playing a song.

If this program wouldn't do something like this. What is the best way to start out with a "fresh" song. And what is the easiest for 100++ songs? Batch???

Thanks
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
FoF Coheedguy
ssj4majuub

Postby ssj4majuub » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:41 am

im failing again.

when I try to run FoF- Song Manager.exe i get the error that says
'No JVM could be found on your system.
Please Define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME
to point to an installed JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.java.com'

The hell does that mean?
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Oh, damn. Yeah, the program needs the Java Runtime Environment to work. In other words, you have to go and download Java from the website the error told you to go to.
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:13 pm

So, I decided I would try to Use the FoF song manager today for the first time.

I needed to add unlock_requires to all of my song.ini files for Rock Band, and tweak a few typos faust made. All fine and good, right?

Well, in doing this, FoF Song Manager also added a bunch of other stuff. Way to be obtrusive.

Code: Select all

hopo = on
eighthnote_hopo = 0
hopofreq = 2
lyrics = TRUE

Adding this -- stuff I didn't want, need, or know was going to be added -- FoFiX thinks I'm a cheater. Isn't that awesome? I can change the frequencies to anything, still, I'm a cheater. I'd also much rather not have this in my .ini file and instead follow the settings I specify in FoFiX.

Now, I get to go through each .ini and remove that block of text. Great. Couldn't I have just done that with the unlock requires?
T_Lancer

Postby T_Lancer » Sat May 23, 2009 4:21 am

Is it just me or is the download site dead?
Dakren

Postby Dakren » Mon May 25, 2009 11:47 pm

The link is broken for me too, anyone willing to provide a new one?

---- EDIT ----

ANyone happen to have the old file for this program? it sounds really helpful, or at least something like it? If you could post it, that would be extremely wonderful
More Metal?
0vrk1ll

Postby 0vrk1ll » Fri May 29, 2009 6:46 pm

anyone got the "FoF - Song Manager"....the link in the wiki page ..."page failed to load"...and i checked in these forums and the link i found was broke too.....anyone??.......main page...wiki...THIS THREAD....all the links are dead
......Only way to feel the noise is when its good and loud.........
ScHaloX

Postby ScHaloX » Fri May 29, 2009 8:24 pm

I mirrored this into my Mediafire a few months ago, you can download it from here.
Song thread | Mediafire | Youtube

Frets On Fire Fan Forums, we may take three years, but dammit, we will solve your problem!

Rude Boy
Nutty

Postby Nutty » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:09 pm

0vrk1ll should have posted this here, instead of here.

Another mirror:
0vrk1ll wrote:hey all noticed a few ppl were lookin for this.......i found a link thats still ALIVE!
FoF Song Manager>>>http://de.brothersoft.com/FoF-Song-Manager-download-149387.html<<<FoF Song Manager

Thaaaaank yooouuu Brothersoft..lol

* (WIP) Dali theme v0.8

* Major contributions to:
Jackzilla1's Guitar Hero III beta Gameplay Mod
(vapor) estemhorn's Real World theme

* plastic guitar fret buttons v1.2 (a variation is used in Death_97's Zelda theme)
* push-button fret buttons v1.0
* vibrating strings fret buttons v1.0 <preview> (strings come from worldrave's Guitar Hero III theme)
* mushroom cloud hitflames v1.2 (includes 3 brightness variations) <preview>
* realistic lightning v1.0

* The Urge - "Jump Right In" v1.29 - all difficulties, w/lyrics (3:43)
* The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Someday I Suppose" v1.14 - all difficulties, w/lyrics (3:28)
* (WIP) Fishbone - "Party at Ground Zero" v0.20 - amazing only (so far), w/lyrics (6:31)
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:32 pm

Needs an option to change or add the icon in the song.ini.
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”