Guide to Making a High-quality Notechart Using EOF - **EOF E

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
zackywackyyo

Postby zackywackyyo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:08 am

NewCreature wrote:2. You have installed EOF into a "read only" section of your file system. If you are using Vista you cannot put EOF in your "Program Files" folder. You will need to put it somewhere that you (with your current permissions) are allowed to write new files.

BTW, you can put EoF in program files on Vista, I do it.
It just puts the midi file, and song configuration thingy in the folder its sposed to it just hides it.
To get to it, you go to C:\Users\[insert ur username here]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\EoF Song Editor(well, last thing will be whatever you named the folder you put your files into.)

And, there you guys go. :]
GUITAR. METALLICA. RAWR!!
Rioku Hero Creator
crf

Postby crf » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:17 pm

i got it
thnx
zackywackyyo

Postby zackywackyyo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:31 pm

crf wrote:i got it
thnx

If that was referring to me, then your welcome. :)

And, if not, then.... ._.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:37 am

Umm, the first 20 seconds of my song is mainly slow played chords, that are held for a long time.
+I only understand about half of what you're talking about, Lol. Explain it a lil slower please, im not too smart when it comes to programs like this.
+The BPM changes, a LOT.
That will make things difficult for you. I know how to deal with (intentional) BPM changes, but it's hard to explain -_-

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
zackywackyyo

Postby zackywackyyo » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:24 pm

>_>
I'll beg puppetz or m0n01 or someone to help me with BPM when I finish the chart later today.
Which, will prolly **** the HOPOs, but, oh well. : P
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Well, I'll try to explain.

Do the 20 second thing. Then use anchors, up to the point where the BPM changes.

Then, do the 20 second thing again, this time starting at the BPM change. Select the beat of the BPM change when you do the "Calculate BPM".

Then use anchors, up to the point where the BPM changes (again).

Repeat until end of song.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
simba5

Postby simba5 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Ehh.i think i'll just use freetar because u can hear the notes while you place them.
Last edited by simba5 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Freetar's limitations will cause your chart to suffer. If you want to hear if your notes are in the correct place, turn the clap feature on (the letter 'k') and play the song back. You will get an audio cue for each note and you can hear if it corresponds to the correct note in the song.
Frizkie

Re: Guide to Making a High-quality Notechart Using EOF - **EOF E

Postby Frizkie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:28 pm

What text events do I use to denote solos? Are they

solo_on
and
solo_off

Thanks.
I am NOT a N00b!
wakethefallen

Postby wakethefallen » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 pm

does anyone even use freetar anymore?

and BTW the solo events are anything with solo in the name (this excludes a few things in front of it, like Organ solo)
and to stop it, it is any other event without solo in the name

[solo_on and solo_off is the old code]
UnknownAX

Postby UnknownAX » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:37 pm

Well, after spending some hours working on a chart in Freetar, I finished it and went to test it and it was all messed up. Becoming frustrated, I tried out this tutorial instead, and this works great. Sadly I had to choose a new song as I didn't feel like doing all my work over again, but whatever. Spent another few hours, came up with another song, everythings synched perfectly and after learning the basics of doing things in EoF it's much much simpler than Freetar. :D

So, thank you for the tutorial! Now I just need to pick another song to do. :P
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:10 am

If you want to fix your previous song in EOF, create a new chart for the song and just find the correct tempo and make sure your beat markers stay in sync. After that, you can open a second instance of EOF, load your chart, and copy+paste into your new chart. Turn on the grid snap feature (you can start with something like 1/16), and click and drag notes so that they fall into evenly-spaced positions between the beat markers. Turn on the clap feature and play the chart to hear if your notes are in the correct place. If a note is out of place, try moving it again. You may even need to increase the resolution of grid snap to get it to be more accurate, but 1/16 is very common.
UnknownAX

Postby UnknownAX » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:12 pm

Fantastic idea, but if I turn grid snap on, I can't select notes that aren't on beat with the snap chosen. :( Any thoughts?

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”