Advanced Song Tutorial Part 1 of 2

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 10 years and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Hasta la vista.
Flood1993

Re: Advanced Song Tutorial Part 1 of 2

Postby Flood1993 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks man, but I found this:
http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/creating ... midi-files
and I'm a bit confused, if you look in the 8th step, in the picture, it says, C8 + 4 next notes = Expert.
Does that mean that if you place notes in C8+4, then in dB you can see them already fretted? I would try this but I can't save because I have the demo version, but soon I'll have a full one (I've some contacts...).
I think it would be easier if from FL Studio you place all the notes manually in C8 + 4 and then you check if they are synchronized in dB. Is it already invented, or in anu other tutorial??

Thanks again! :2thumbsup:
Gitar_GURU15

Postby Gitar_GURU15 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:45 am

i got up to the part were you import it into that music studio thing and then i am stuck every time i try to open the midi file of the song it does nothing the band members names wont come up for me like it did for you i am going to try to get the real vertion for it because this demo crap is to hard or am i doing it wrong plz help
Kalma5003

Postby Kalma5003 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 am

I know! This don't belong here and sorry for terrible offtopic, but I don't know better place for asking this.

How can I make my song for FOF. I have put notes to fretboard. What I do now? Shoud I put some ending for song or what. And how I can make .chart to .midi? I have cheked http://www.mediafire.com/?dr3f9rdymjz and http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2549 but I haven't found it. AlBelGim says something about GHex but what I should do whit it. When I go to song it shows nothing.
Guns won't kill people, video games do.
Programação
Wellingtonmaru

Postby Wellingtonmaru » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:46 am

Very Good face liked his/her tutorial a lot, now I am one of their followers xD :thumbup:
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:28 am

Gitar_GURU15 wrote:i got up to the part were you import it into that music studio thing and then i am stuck every time i try to open the midi file of the song it does nothing the band members names wont come up for me like it did for you i am going to try to get the real vertion for it because this demo crap is to hard or am i doing it wrong plz help

Music studio thing = Fruity loops
Demo and full version have only 1 difference. being able to save in fruity loops project format ( which you don't need ) on the full version

Which means no its not the programs fault , its you, your doing something wrong..

And if the band members names dont come up like it did in puppets , then thats because you are using a different midi to him. those band names are just instruments renamed thats all. you could DL a midi/ tab file and they will simply be listed as GUITAR, BASS, TAMBOURINE... DO NOT expect a midi/ tab file to have the band members names listed.
That was from a midi i used ( the image is also from my tutorial on how to use fruity loops ) but you can see that there are no band names used, just instrument names.

And in regards to importing the midi into fruity loops. Just go to file, import, midi file.. Browse to the midi file and hit open, it will come up with an options window, change nothing apart from turning OFF " Realign events " then just click the big Tick to ok it. it should now have imported and look a bit like the image above
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Rioku Hero Creator
crf

Postby crf » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:36 pm

ill give it a try but if i suck with it im going to finish freetar-ing my songs instead :tongue:
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:41 pm

crf wrote:ill give it a try but if i suck with it im going to finish freetar-ing my songs instead :tongue:

In one post you say you're a nearly perfect fretter and in another you say you use Freetar. Either one of these post is a lie.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:32 am

Kotti wrote:
crf wrote:ill give it a try but if i suck with it im going to finish freetar-ing my songs instead :tongue:

In one post you say you're a nearly perfect fretter and in another you say you use Freetar. Either one of these post is a lie.

Hehe... :laugh:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Rioku Hero Creator
crf

Postby crf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Kotti wrote:

i have another way but its slow
alehziis

Postby alehziis » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:44 am

bkn grax :D

---- EDIT ----

bkn grax :D

---- EDIT ----

bkn garx :D
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 am

Flood1993 wrote:Thanks man, but I found this:
http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/creating ... midi-files
and I'm a bit confused, if you look in the 8th step, in the picture, it says, C8 + 4 next notes = Expert.
Does that mean that if you place notes in C8+4, then in dB you can see them already fretted? I would try this but I can't save because I have the demo version, but soon I'll have a full one (I've some contacts...).
I think it would be easier if from FL Studio you place all the notes manually in C8 + 4 and then you check if they are synchronized in dB. Is it already invented, or in anu other tutorial??

Thanks again! :2thumbsup:

yes you CAN place the notes in FLStudio G8 is for solo marking (make a big note that plays at the same time as the solo notes, this will tell fofix that a solo is occuring), G#9 is for starpower
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
I like pointy things
Roryos01

Postby Roryos01 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:48 am

I'm trying to edit Beast and the harlot so it's expert plus for person use, I editted the note lay out in FL, but when I go into the song even though the original notes are in teh same place, it seems to lose sync about half way through, :crying: any ideas?
GH2
GH:WT Drum
RockBand Hero
HL2
GH5 Drum
DJ Hero

get the SUPER EPIC HOTDOG FRETS+ from here!...Kingdom hearts frets+notes+hitflame guitar only...Coraline Button notes (an acquired taste...)
It's not that I don't want to make those collapse sig look nice, I just can't be bothered...

Spoiler:

death_au wrote:
jfosheezy wrote:fly doodle

*snickers*

azaraxzealot

Postby azaraxzealot » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:56 am

Thanks! But now that I've charted a song, how can I play the chart in Frets on Fire? (I'm talking about 3.120x, the one that says "FoFiX" for the file name.)
Razzer

Postby Razzer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Puppetz LOVE ur songs :love: u the BEST :2thumbsup: :woot: :thumbup: ... but how do u make drum songs?? if knew i would starting making alot of Rise Against songs :tongue:

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”