Nukular FoF Tools GUI - User interface for the offline FoFTools

A collection of helpful posts
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:17 am

Some of you might have noticed that the nukular tools page was going down from time to time. Some of you might also have noticed that an offline comand line version of the tools was available to download on their website. While command line works good, some users might prefer to work with a graphical user interface. So after learning a bit of c# this morning to make that very basic "offline song.ini generator" I thought that it could be nice to make such a GUI for the foftools (to be honest, the idea comes from Raptor who expressed on the irc channel that laziness sometimes wins over the command-line efficiency) so here it is (the archive comes with the command line version of the nukular tools as the GUI just runs over it):

[Download]

I would like to emphasize the fact that I did not make the tools, all credits for the conversion/utility scripts go to Bernhard Schelling @ nukular. I only made a rather simple interface that runs over those scripts and that, even if useful, would be totally useless without those scripts.
Also, see this as some kind of beta (but maybe final) version of it. beta because even though I did test every scripts, it's not extensively tested so if you see any bugs, don't be shy to post them here.

If you want to see what it looks like here is a screenshot (if you don't want to see, close your eyes):
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
xbox360922

Postby xbox360922 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:47 am

I've tested almost every part of this (First person ever to use this ^_^ (You would've had to of been in the IRC channel to test it))
I will say, it's a great tool!
Works very well.
I give it 5 frets (Out of 5)
oed

Postby oed » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:12 am

This is done in FoF - Maneger also...
ImageImage
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:18 am

oed wrote:This is done in FoF - Maneger also...

I didnt know but, true, since ver1.7 the FoF - Song Manager offers the same kind of GUI. See it as a standalone compact version then
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:21 am

Good stuff, thanks!
musicgeekxyz

Postby musicgeekxyz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:30 pm

This tool doesn't seem to work for me. I wanted to use it for the skill changing function but when I go back in game, the difficulties haven't been changed. Any suggestions?
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 pm

This looks nice!!!

The only thing this needs is a Guitar/Bass/Drum/Coop option. That way we wouldn't have to load the midi's into anvil/FL to switch parts.
Fail
fletcher1709

Re:

Postby fletcher1709 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:53 am

musicgeekxyz wrote:This tool doesn't seem to work for me. I wanted to use it for the skill changing function but when I go back in game, the difficulties haven't been changed. Any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem, I've tried everything including the websites version which also doesn't work, it just puts the notes from amazing into the difficulty I select but doesn't change any of the notes, is that all it's programmed to do or is it actually meant to delete some notes to make the song easier? :confused:
Upcoming Gigs:

Kerrangfest@Artsfest - 13th September
Fei Comodo + Don Broco + Confined Within - 19th September
Enter Shikari + The Devil Wears Prada - 13th October
Bring Me The Horizon + A Day To Remember + August Burns Red - 24th October
Hollywood Undead + Escape The Fate - 30th November

Taste Of Chaos Feat: Killswitch Engage + In Flames - 1st December
Paramore + You Me At Six - 11th December
Glamour Of The Kill - 15th April 2010
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Re:

Postby nobby76 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:35 pm

fletcher1709 wrote:I'm having the same problem, I've tried everything including the websites version which also doesn't work, it just puts the notes from amazing into the difficulty I select but doesn't change any of the notes, is that all it's programmed to do or is it actually meant to delete some notes to make the song easier? :confused:

No it wont remove notes, it will only copy the notes from one difficulty to another. THATS what it was designed for, so people that accidentally fretted a track on hard ( for example ) instead of amazing can just move the notes from one track to another. But NO its not an auto fretter/note remover.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Fail
fletcher1709

Re: Re:

Postby fletcher1709 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:20 pm

nobby76 wrote:No it wont remove notes, it will only copy the notes from one difficulty to another. THATS what it was designed for, so people that accidentally fretted a track on hard ( for example ) instead of amazing can just move the notes from one track to another. But NO its not an auto fretter/note remover.

Ohhh okay. I can do that in EOF anyway, I just assumed because its called "Skill changer" thats what it was for.
Thanks for clearing it up
Upcoming Gigs:

Kerrangfest@Artsfest - 13th September
Fei Comodo + Don Broco + Confined Within - 19th September
Enter Shikari + The Devil Wears Prada - 13th October
Bring Me The Horizon + A Day To Remember + August Burns Red - 24th October
Hollywood Undead + Escape The Fate - 30th November

Taste Of Chaos Feat: Killswitch Engage + In Flames - 1st December
Paramore + You Me At Six - 11th December
Glamour Of The Kill - 15th April 2010
The cycle has no end
Gefolo

Re: Nukular FoF Tools GUI - User interface for the offline FoFTools

Postby Gefolo » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:34 pm

but what an unfortunate irony! not even the offline version is available for download anymore... can we already decree the conversion of SNG files to CHART/MIDI as extinct?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:20 am

Gefolo wrote:but what an unfortunate irony! not even the offline version is available for download anymore... can we already decree the conversion of SNG files to CHART/MIDI as extinct?

What do you expect 16 years later..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
The cycle has no end
Gefolo

Postby Gefolo » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:23 am

nobby76 wrote:
Gefolo wrote:but what an unfortunate irony! not even the offline version is available for download anymore... can we already decree the conversion of SNG files to CHART/MIDI as extinct?

I know... this is serious, this tool is very useful and you can't find it anywhere. I've been struggling for weeks trying to find it, there are many songs in sng format that were left behind and with this legendary program it's easier to convert to formats like chart or mid. An old friend recently told me that you can create a program to do this conversion, but I'm not a programmer and I don't understand how to do it. :unsure:
nora10

Postby nora10 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:57 am

Gefolo wrote:
nobby76 wrote:

I know... this is serious, this tool is very useful and you can't find it anywhere. I've been struggling for weeks trying to find it, there are many songs in sng format that were left behind and with this legendary program it's easier to convert to formats like chart or mid. An old friend recently told me that you can create a program to do this conversion, but I'm not a programmer and I don't understand how to do it. :unsure:

I understand the importance of converting songs in SNG format to more accessible formats like chart or MIDI. While I can't directly create a program for you, consider seeking assistance from a programmer or using existing music conversion tools. Online forums or coding communities may offer guidance. Converting formats can be achieved with the right software or scripts, making your music more compatible and enjoyable. magic 8 ball
Last edited by nora10 on Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”