Are there graphics for diff/instrument selection? (raspbian)

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 4 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Azzco

Are there graphics for diff/instrument selection? (raspbian)

Postby Azzco » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi!
I'm trying to get FoFiX running on a raspberry pi 4. Getting FoFiX 3.121 on Raspbian wasn't too much of a hassle but I ran into an issue with some text just being completely black, namely pause menu, fail menu, editor menu (select instrument and difficulty) and the streak messeges.
Pause and fail menu could be fixed by grabbing graphics from a theme and editing theme.ini, the streak notification is more of a distraction anyway and nothing that bothers me. The main issue is the prompt right after selecting song if there's more instruments/difficulties available. Background doesn't show however I try to change the file. Now this is probably a raspbian specific problem with some font library not being compiled in a normal way.

Can one add graphical menus to difficulty and instrument selection? If not can the background be changed to white somewhere?
Last edited by Azzco on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
zang

Re: Are there graphics for diff/instrument selection? (raspbian)

Postby zang » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Exactly *how* did you get FoFix running on Raspbian?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Are there graphics for diff/instrument selection? (raspbian)

Postby nobby76 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:19 am

A couple of months old answer i know.. And its been years since i did anything FOF related. but the answer is.... YES.
You should be able to alter any of the graphics, fonts, backgrounds, for the base game or for a theme you may be using..
It should all be interchangable.. Not sure how you go about doing that, but YES it should all be changable.

Actually, if the base graphics are giving you some issues, have you considered using one of the "themes" it should change loads of the gfx in the game for other ones.. That might help you out as well..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “FoFiX”