Getting my XBox 360 controller to work (on Windows 8.1)

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 8 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Inty

Getting my XBox 360 controller to work (on Windows 8.1)

Postby Inty » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:02 am

Hi there,

A couple of years ago I used to play FOF with my XBox 360 controller (from the GH3 PC game) and since it was awesome I decided to try it again on my Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1. The game starts but it doesn´t seem to recognize my controller although it´s listed in the device manager and allegedly has the latest drivers. Do you guys have any ideas of how to make it work? I tried to search the forum but couldn´t find anything that would help me...

-- Edit: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:07 am --

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have FOFIX 3.121 installed and I also tried it on my stationary PC where I have the same problem.
brit_orc

Re: Getting my XBox 360 controller to work (on Windows 8.1)

Postby brit_orc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:28 pm

You didnt mention if your GH3 Xbox Controller is wireless or hard wired (usb connection).
If its a usb connection you need to configure it in Fofix,
Select OPTIONS - CONTROL SETTINGS - NEW CONTROLLER
Follow the on screen prompts remembering to save it using a name you recognise (I called mine xbox 1 dev) this works when I have only my guitar plugged in,and i made a second configuration (called xbox 2nd device) when i have my gamepad plugged in and the guitar is forced to device 2.
Once you have configured your guitar save it,then while still in the controls setting window,make sure you new config is selected in CONTROLLER 1,then go to test controls.

Hope this helps.
Inty

Re: Getting my XBox 360 controller to work (on Windows 8.1)

Postby Inty » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late reaction. It´s the USB version, not the wireless. I´ve been in the settings section but it doesn´t react to any of the buttons on the guitar. So when I try to assign a button, nothing happens.

-- Edit: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:13 pm --

It works! Installed the drivers from here and played around a little: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/ ... a8dcf337f2

Return to “FoFiX”