Full version of fofix

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 1 day old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
perry

Full version of fofix

Postby perry » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:00 am

hey guys!
my name is ryan but most call me perry.
when i first downloaded fofix, i noticed it came with no songs, three themes and little mods.
i was thinking that the portion of this community that create these things should make a full version that comes with songs ready for career mode, a more diverse amount of themes and more mods (dont really need it though)
the themes, i realize that this game is a free GH and RB clone but it deserves to stand out with a fresh theme that isnt so practical
anyways, this is just a thought.
let me know what you think.
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Re: Full version of fofix

Postby PiXeLaDo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 am

It was packed with themes and mods back in MFH/Alarian mod times, but they decided to make it lite and let songs/mods/themes up to the user.

There are some unofficial packs out there which ship with that stuff by default, they're just a search away.
perry

Postby perry » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:45 pm

well i knew there were unofficial versions, but i envision an official download and play game? with a career mode and stuff preset like if you were to play GH
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:36 pm

That requires a LOT of work. You cant just include any song. You have to get the song rights. Imagine doing that for 20 to 30 songs.

Making something as "official" as you want is a lot of time and effort that no one has.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:40 pm

An "official" FoFiX theme is a good idea though. As far as I know, we don't have one.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:54 pm

we had an official FoFix theme being worked on. Death_au is/was suppose to be putting it together
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:08 pm

What ever happened to him?

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
perry

Postby perry » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:03 am

still though i think the project needs expansion
but maybe we need advertisment lol idk
thanks for the input guys.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 am

perry wrote:still though i think the project needs expansion
but maybe we need advertisment lol idk
thanks for the input guys.

eh, we dont need advertisement, last thing we want is THIS community brought into the spot light

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Though it was pretty popular back in 2007
The British American
ShadyVox

Postby ShadyVox » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 pm

amak11 wrote:That requires a LOT of work. You cant just include any song. You have to get the song rights. Imagine doing that for 20 to 30 songs.

Making something as "official" as you want is a lot of time and effort that no one has.

I have contact with plenty of independant artists, composers and bands who would be more than willing to send me their master track archives on requests. Who would gladly want to be involved in the game. It's totally doable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:04 am

ooo, very nice. I think jstump wanted some official songs. Come into one of the IRCs one of these days.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

The British American
ShadyVox

Postby ShadyVox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:07 am

amak11 wrote:ooo, very nice. I think jstump wanted some official songs. Come into one of the IRCs one of these days.

Hmm? Come again, I don't follow. Eh-heh.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 am

The lead developer wanted official songs for use in game. I dont know if he's still looking. dont be shy, we wont bite :)

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

The British American
ShadyVox

Postby ShadyVox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:31 am

amak11 wrote:The lead developer wanted official songs for use in game. I dont know if he's still looking. dont be shy, we wont bite :)

Well heck sure, if anything let, him know I'm here!

Return to “FoFiX”