_ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 8 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
User avatar
fuzion
Member
Posts: 382
Joined: September 12th, 2007
Reputation: 0

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby fuzion » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:36 pm

First post updated. Use these download links with the alpha 1 release.
Wr4tH
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: July 11th, 2009
Reputation: 0

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby Wr4tH » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:07 am

This theme looks amazing! The only thing is, you can't tell normal notes and hopos apart, making the hopos lighter (and keep them smaller) than normal notes would really help. Thanks anyway, these three are probably the best themes around. Keep up the good work!
User avatar
fuzion
Member
Posts: 382
Joined: September 12th, 2007
Reputation: 0

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby fuzion » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 am

I made an alternative note.dae with smaller and more distinctive hopo notes. It can be found in \optional\alternate_hopo\.
Brazil Rocks
User avatar
Solid_Snake
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: September 29th, 2009
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby Solid_Snake » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 pm

man!
the theme is awesome
my game dont lag anymore
but i have a question
how can i change the pov?
i changed in the opitions yet
but nothing happens in the game
User avatar
FreddyBiX
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: February 3rd, 2010
Reputation: 1
Contact:

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby FreddyBiX » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:24 am

Solid_Snake wrote:man!
the theme is awesome
my game dont lag anymore
but i have a question
how can i change the pov?
i changed in the opitions yet
but nothing happens in the game


you have to edit CustomTheme.py with any editor text

self.povTarget = ()
self.povOrigin = ()
self.povOriginX =
self.povOriginY =
self.povOriginZ =
self.povTargetX =
self.povTargetY =
self.povTargetZ =

i use this

Spoiler:self.povTarget = ( 0.0, 0.5, 2.35 )
self.povOrigin = ( 0.0, 3.4, -2.85 )
self.povOriginX = 0
self.povOriginY = 3.4
self.povOriginZ = -2.85
self.povTargetX = 0
self.povTargetY = 0.5
self.povTargetZ = 2.35

User avatar
Breadache
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: October 19th, 2009
Reputation: 0

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby Breadache » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 am

I tried the Darkfire version, but as soon as it loads a song the frame rate drops to about 2 fps. I'm on Win7 64 if it helps. My computer is pretty fast too, so is that a python thing, I have no idea.
User avatar
fuzion
Member
Posts: 382
Joined: September 12th, 2007
Reputation: 0

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby fuzion » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:15 am

FreddyBiX wrote:
you have to edit CustomTheme.py with any editor text

self.povTarget = ()
self.povOrigin = ()
self.povOriginX =
self.povOriginY =
self.povOriginZ =
self.povTargetX =
self.povTargetY =
self.povTargetZ =


You only need these:

Code: Select all

        self.povTarget = ( 0.0, 0.5, 2.35 )
        self.povOrigin = ( 0.0, 3.4, -2.85 )


Breadache wrote:I tried the Darkfire version, but as soon as it loads a song the frame rate drops to about 2 fps. I'm on Win7 64 if it helps. My computer is pretty fast too, so is that a python thing, I have no idea.

I get around 150fps at 1680x1050 on alpha 1 on Windows 7. Do other themes lag as well?
User avatar
Breadache
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: October 19th, 2009
Reputation: 0

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby Breadache » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:35 am

I tried it again, it's fixed itself somehow. Now I get solid 60fps. I think maybe fofix itself is a bit buggy, I get an error randomly when opening it. But this theme seems pretty great. One complaint is jurgen still pipes up on a 3 star score, says his thing - twice. I hate Jurgen.
Brazil Rocks
User avatar
Solid_Snake
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: September 29th, 2009
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby Solid_Snake » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:17 pm

thx my pov is much better now
Brazil Rocks
User avatar
Solid_Snake
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: September 29th, 2009
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby Solid_Snake » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:44 pm

sorry for the flood but i nedeed
its all good with my fofix
i just have any question
how can i ramove these letters

Spoiler:Image


thank you very much!
Stick Thrower
(51)
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: July 5th, 2008
Location: 34231
Reputation: 0

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby (51) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Constructive Criticism:

I tried this theme today with FOFIX 4.0.A. Way too dark. It was hard to see the notes and the bass drum beats looked too similar to the timing marks (on drums). It was also laggy at times. I tried different transparencies of all 3 of the 4X versions (colors). More work needs to be done. And why do you need to make fancy notes? Just make some clear ones.
Waiting for BH Theme
User avatar
vitor180396
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: July 23rd, 2009
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby vitor180396 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:25 pm

(51) wrote:Constructive Criticism:

I tried this theme today with FOFIX 4.0.A. Way too dark. It was hard to see the notes and the bass drum beats looked too similar to the timing marks (on drums). It was also laggy at times. I tried different transparencies of all 3 of the 4X versions (colors). More work needs to be done. And why do you need to make fancy notes? Just make some clear ones.


I totally agree with u
Noob Fretter
User avatar
demoj
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: November 30th, 2009
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby demoj » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:45 pm

@51 and Vitor
Couldn't you turn the brightness up on ur monitor?
Image
Fretting Achievements
9th Place/9 - 2010 March Competition
15th Place/20 - 2010 April Competition
13th Place/15 - 2010 May Competition
14th Place/15 - 2010 June Competition
19th Place/20 - 2010 July Competition
17th Place/20 - 2010 August Competition
15th Place/15 - 2010 September Competition
| Demoj's Request List (Over 250 Songs That Needs Fretting)
| Demoj's Achievement List *SEE HOW U RANK*
| Demoj's List Of Completed Songs (37 Songs)
| Demoj's Low Quality Hero (43/69 Songs Completed)
Waiting for BH Theme
User avatar
vitor180396
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: July 23rd, 2009
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby vitor180396 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:01 pm

demoj wrote:@51 and Vitor
Couldn't you turn the brightness up on ur monitor?



I can but the theme can be just more lightsome
User avatar
fuzion
Member
Posts: 382
Joined: September 12th, 2007
Reputation: 0

Re: _ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ [4X - 2010-11-29] ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ _

Postby fuzion » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:23 pm

Odds are 33 to 1 against making any of those changes. The beauty here is that you are free to fork the project and make whatever changes you want yourself.

Return to “FoFiX”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests