FOFIX66 Iron Maiden Theme NEW VERSION V2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
onedaywiser

FOFIX66 Iron Maiden Theme NEW VERSION V2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby onedaywiser » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:16 pm

After Countless Hrs in Photo shop i bring you ....FoFix66.v2. This is NOT an update but a COMPLETE overhaul ...i addressed the suggestions of the community
as well.....i encourage all to check this out even if you are not a fan of maiden. this is pretty unique !! I sort of visioned the In game as sort of the player looking thru eddies somewhere in time helmet and came up with a sort of HUD display for in game....and the rock meter is unlike anything ive seen yet ...

Overhauls have been made to the Audio....Graphics.......and in game Concept
Notes....Frets......Font tooo many changes to list :laugh:

Please give it a shot even if you are not a fan of Maiden i think you will be surprised =)

ImageImageImageImage

Image.Image.Image.Image

Image.Image.Image.Image.

Image.Image.Image.Image

This is an all new download link and is NOT an update this is a whole new theme.... any updates will be done to THIS one however i highly doubt i will be doing anything more to this aside from PLAY the darn Theme this took some time Enjoy .V2 =)

Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/?cyjjxounlmi

I would like to personally thank Tlq1793 for the work you have done on your skillet and guitar praise..... although the themes are not my cup of tea the work that went into them and how PRO they look made me really want to work hard and make a nice Maiden Theme .....I would also like to Thank Death_Au for being the Theme Guru ...and making it seem worthwhile to spend hard work on things to donate to a community :smile:

UP THE IRONS =)

If there is any way some kind person could make some Youtube videos of the theme in action i would love to have them in this post Thanks and Enjoy

One Day Wiser =)
Last edited by onedaywiser on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: FOFIX66 Iron Maiden Theme !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby death_au » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:35 pm

This looks pretty cool. I'm going to have to download it when I get home tonight and check out that rockmeter. Looks like something that you really have to see in action, rather than looking at screenshots.
The screenshots do look pretty awesome though, good work :thumbup:

Added to the FoFiX theme list, and here's your rating gadget:

Code: Select all

[rating]44915ironmaiden[/rating]
onedaywiser

Postby onedaywiser » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Thank You ...THIS is the theme im going to run with and keep improving seems i always have new ideas for maiden so its only going to get better. so PLEASE anyone with ideas for this they WILL be taken into consideration..
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:56 am

Trying this out now.
Here are some problems I found
(note, I only mention these in order to help the theme become more awesome :thumbup: )
The menu select sounds seem to have a bit of silence or lead-in at the start which makes it seem like there's a delay in the menu. Similar for the accept sound.
You seem to have missed doing a mic.png (you did guitar, bass and drums)
The select image in the lobby is hard to see (needs less transparency I think)
The main font you use has no % symbol
The score meter doesn't seem to be wide enough
The dots are hidden behind the multiplier

All of these are pretty minor. The theme is looking great :2thumbsup:
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:15 am

FINALLY, an Iron Maiden theme!!

This is awesome!

I bet lukarocker will be pleased...you know...because of his Maiden Hero.

Really cool!!!

Thank you very much!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
onedaywiser

Postby onedaywiser » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks death =) for the input MAN I FORGOT to put the vocal one ....i had one for it too =)
as for the meter ...yea i realized the dots are hidden maybe i can move them ? not sure what coding that is though ill look into it as for the sounds
hmmm i prey much trimmed right up to the sound i believe ill open them in reaper and see what they look like again....i spent some time yesterday fixing some stuff,,,,i am working on the font im going to use iron maiden lettering ill keep at this and post updates thanks everyone =)
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Postby guitarfreak93 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:08 am

I've been waiting for something like this to remind me of Iron maiden, not they **** Iron weasel... Any looks great and plays awesome.
alancik

Postby alancik » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:53 am

Good job! :] always wanted iron maiden theme ^_^
onedaywiser

Postby onedaywiser » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41 am

Thank you all =)

i have begun overhauling the in game....i have custom frets ...notes and i am in the process of redoing the meters
i also have a few nice backgrounds to add..... i expect rev 2 to take care of everything death mentioned puss all i have come up with
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 am

There's something things that "death_au" didn't mentioned that I don't like that much:

1 - There's some "crazy" light blue lines appearing when the star-power notes appear...they're crazy because they're not straight lines...is that on purpose?
2 - The "Scream for me bla bla bla" sound, when you successfully hit all star power notes is awesome, although after sometime playing it becomes annoying. Couldn't you use that sound for another instance?
3 - The main menu scroll sound, besides the "delay" thing that was mentioned before, that as well, after a few runs becomes annoying. The sound is the beginning of "The Wicker Man", so the riff is something like "TA-TAA-DA", I guess just "TA" would be fine, or if you really want, just "TAA-DA". Did you get what I mean?

Could you have these things in mind as well? I hope you don't get me wrong...the theme is yours and you do what you like, but I'm just trying to help you with my suggestions, no more, no less.

As for the rest, the theme is great.

Really cool!!

Nothing for now...

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
onedaywiser

Postby onedaywiser » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 pm

im working on overhauling the in game experience hmmmm starpower blue lines ?
the only thing i did was make eddie lightnings ....ill have to look into that hmm maybe they were from the previous theme i modded to make this i will look into it
as for the sound i will take into consideration for rev 2 id say ill have it all ironed out in a few weeks ..i probably should have released it as a WIP but i was so excited ..AND ..how would i make it better without a response from a first release =) im glad its being appreciated ...i will continue to update my progress as things get revamped and fixed and i will certainly take everyones advice to make it better for all =)

-- Edit: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 am --

oner more thing =) what would you say would be a decent starpower sound that would be better than the scream for me... i can make ANY sound clip those are SUPER easy
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:57 pm

onedaywiser wrote:oner more thing =) what would you say would be a decent starpower sound that would be better than the scream for me... i can make ANY sound clip those are SUPER easy

Well, that's a good question... :unsure:

Nothing for now...

THANKS GUYS!!

Death_97

Postby Death_97 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:04 pm

you did a good job on this theme, i was expecting a google theme :tongue2:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:04 pm

onedaywiser wrote:oner more thing =) what would you say would be a decent starpower sound that would be better than the scream for me... i can make ANY sound clip those are SUPER easy
You could try doing similar to GH/RB and just use a really good sounding guitar chord.
Not being a massive Iron Maiden fan, I don't know of the top of my head where you'd find a nice single hanging chord.
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:17 pm

WOW!
maiden!
thats flatout amazing. i see megadeth,metallica and other 80's metal
(where metal should of stayed) theme but no maiden!
I WILL have to test this one... more than once. :tongue2:

Return to “FoFiX”