Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Ver. 1.0 Final Released!]

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Ver. 1.0 Final Released!]

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:45 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The finished theme is finally up for download, enjoy!

Click on thumbnails on to see full image.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

.:New Link:.
Ver. 1.0Final:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wju6tsh3ev6w5cl

.:Old Links:.
Ver. 1.0beta:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2nntyl3vwu

Alternate Frets & Notes for Guitar Only:

Spoiler:Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(My Notes Reworked By Slantyr)

Alternate Hit Flames and Hit Glows:

Spoiler:Image

None yet.

Main Contributors:
Ambiguity - Concept and Design
kristijan_mkd - RB2 Theme Base
Mistabone - Audio FX
tlg1793 - Font Help
death_au, slantyr, blazingamer - Help With Graphical Glitches
aander91 and Megadeth101 - Beta release videos

Thanks to everyone else who has helped me also.

The old W.I.P thread can be found here:
https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=40714
Last edited by Ambiguity on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:41 am, edited 32 times in total.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Aaaaaalrighty Then!
Megadeth101

Re: Ambiguity's Final Fantasy VII Theme (ver. 1.0beta)

Postby Megadeth101 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Awesome work dude gotta give this a dl Thanks :wink:
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm

I love it! I just finished making a vid, so I'll up it tonight. A few ideas and issues.

-Text could use a bit more sprucing, though I like the font. If it were just a bit bolder and the lettering spaced out just a pinch I think it would be a lot easier to read. But it also sticks out of some menus, but not by much.
-The Crisis Core bgs have the title right over the crossbar, which is really distracting.
-Hopos are hardly noticeable at first. Increasing the "glowyness" should fix that.
-Starpower notes could use a bit more sprucing as well although those were much more noticable.
-I've always hated the sp neck overlay in Kid's theme. It's insanely distracting. I think you would be a lot better off with simply a green fade on either side with transparency in the middle.
-If you do use the above idea, change the sp notes to have a green tint, or just make them all a neon green (make sure it's a different green than the first fret).
-If you make the SP notes green, then you can make hopos white instead, which is a lot more noticable and may need little or no work.

I loved the sounds a lot, especially when you finish a song. Some of the bgs were distracting and clashed a bit, but in contrast there are some that really work well.

After watching the video, I have a few more ideas. Make the SP bar more like the limit break bar. Have it turn red or whatever the color is when you get enough to activate it. Or if you are going to use the green sp idea, you could make the SP bar green instead and apply the limit break idea to the multiplier.
x1 could be the color that you get when you are inflicted with sadness.
x2 could be normal.
x3 could be fury.
x4 could be limit break.
And it would turn neon green when you activated "Materia".

Video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEsHY7qKZjg
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:56 am

Megadeth101 wrote:Awesome work dude gotta give this a dl Thanks :wink:

Thanks for the reply :).

aander91 wrote:I love it! I just finished making a vid, so I'll up it tonight. A few ideas and issues.

-Text could use a bit more sprucing, though I like the font. If it were just a bit bolder and the lettering spaced out just a pinch I think it would be a lot easier to read. But it also sticks out of some menus, but not by much.
-The Crisis Core bgs have the title right over the crossbar, which is really distracting.
-Hopos are hardly noticeable at first. Increasing the "glowyness" should fix that.
-Starpower notes could use a bit more sprucing as well although those were much more noticable.
-I've always hated the sp neck overlay in Kid's theme. It's insanely distracting. I think you would be a lot better off with simply a green fade on either side with transparency in the middle.
-If you do use the above idea, change the sp notes to have a green tint, or just make them all a neon green (make sure it's a different green than the first fret).
-If you make the SP notes green, then you can make hopos white instead, which is a lot more noticable and may need little or no work.

I loved the sounds a lot, especially when you finish a song. Some of the bgs were distracting and clashed a bit, but in contrast there are some that really work well.

After watching the video, I have a few more ideas. Make the SP bar more like the limit break bar. Have it turn red or whatever the color is when you get enough to activate it. Or if you are going to use the green sp idea, you could make the SP bar green instead and apply the limit break idea to the multiplier.
x1 could be the color that you get when you are inflicted with sadness.
x2 could be normal.
x3 could be fury.
x4 could be limit break.
And it would turn neon green when you activated "Materia".

Video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEsHY7qKZjg

Wow, now that's a break down if I ever saw one :).

The Font: I was thinking it needed to be thicker too, but I had a guy "fix" it for me(see the credits) once already and I don't want to put him through that again. I may have to check out some font editing software for myself and see if they have something similar to a "stroke" in Photoshop to make it thicker.

Crisis Core BGs: I'm not sure what the "cross bar" is, but that's an easy fix. They were the first BGs I put into this so that's why I didn't bother removing text like the other BGs(I was being lazy).

All BGs: I was thinking of adding a black to transparent gradient to the tops off all the BGs so that the clock is easily visible, I'm not sure if this would look weird or not though.

HOPOs and Starpower Notes: I thought the same thing too at first. I'm not sure it will be easy to add more glow(I assume you mean bigger) because of how FoFiX "makes" rows(though i'm sure death or jstump will tell me otherwise o.-). I may have to experiment with the colors to make them easier to see and distinguish from each other(It's a pain in the butt, but playability is key).

SP/Overdrive Neck: I was thinking of making these similar to the RB2 necks but with FFVII images instead(modified of course). I do get what you are saying about it being distracting though, I know this game already has enough distractions(like how the "50 note streak" is too low on the neck) so it might not be a bad idea to make this simple. I would probably make this orange and not green though(to match the overdrive meter).

SP/Overdrive Meter: It was actually pink(and red after that) like in the original FFVII game, but it looked horrible on the weathered steel finish I have on the meter. BTW if you look at the actual PNG inside your theme folder labeled "overdrive bottom.png", you'll see I actually did put the words "Limit Break" underneath(it gets covered by the multiplier atm, but that's one reason why this is a beta).

Multiplier:I like the idea you gave for the multiplier, if anyone has screenshots of the "ailments" from the original game that would help me with "creative decisions". I'm thinking of making the multipliers a bar instead of a circle, that way they will leave room to show the "Limit Break" text underneath the overdrive meter.

Anyways, thanks for the video and the helpful info ^_^.
Last edited by Ambiguity on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:06 am

Man, awesome job! Love it! :2thumbsup:
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:08 am

Thanks a lot ^_^.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm looking forward to giving this theme a go when I get home after work tonight :thumbup:
Been looking forward to it for quite a while, actually :tongue:

I've added this to the FoFiX theme list. Even though it's still only beta, this will still be the thread for the theme when it's technically done.
And here's a rating code for you, if you want it:

Code: Select all

[rating]44218FFVII[/rating]
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:25 pm

death_au wrote:I'm looking forward to giving this theme a go when I get home after work tonight :thumbup:
Been looking forward to it for quite a while, actually :tongue:

I've added this to the FoFiX theme list. Even though it's still only beta, this will still be the thread for the theme when it's technically done.
And here's a rating code for you, if you want it:

Code: Select all

[rating]44218FFVII[/rating]

Well thanks a lot for the comment, I'm surprised you were looking forward to it even though it's not based on something you've played.

Thanks for adding it too, and I'll be sure to use your rating code ^_^.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 am

Ambiguity wrote:Well thanks a lot for the comment, I'm surprised you were looking forward to it even though it's not based on something you've played.

I've kept an eye on the WIP, and the screenshots just looked to be a very high standard.
I just like custom themes that have a decent amount of work put into them :smile:
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:23 am

If you guys want the avatars to work, you have to change the Sephiroth avatar's extension from ".PNG" to ".png"(thanks to death_au for that fix).
Last edited by Ambiguity on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pro Rock Band
RinuX

Postby RinuX » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:11 pm

very promising theme :2thumbsup:
but i'm disapointed by notes & fretbuttons (and font sometimes)

i suggest you to think about a rockmeter like gh5 (on the neck)
i know it's complicated and probably need to wait FOFIX 4.0... but it could be a good idea, to look more FF
using the shader cleverer is a good things too (IMO you should made the "thunder" tails by default on your theme)

i speak, i speak... but it's easy to speak,
make it in your own way, i just want to help you in exposing my kind of thinking :wink:
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:53 pm

RinuX wrote:very promising theme :2thumbsup:
but i'm disapointed by notes & fretbuttons (and font sometimes)

i suggest you to think about a rockmeter like gh5 (on the neck)
i know it's complicated and probably need to wait FOFIX 4.0... but it could be a good idea, to look more FF
using the shader cleverer is a good things too (IMO you should made the "thunder" tails by default on your theme).

What were you expected from the notes and frets? I wanted to incorporate materia somewhere in my theme, then I came up with materia slots catching the materia(see my WIP thread for the bases for my ideas). I still need to rework the notes for easier viewing(the HOPO and SP notes anyway) as said above though.

As for the rock meter, I'm actually quite happy with the current one. It's hard enough to figure out how to work the current theme coding via the theme.ini(for me anyway), let alone trying to do some crazy python coding to make a GH5 one work when 4.0 comes out(which is still a long time away I'm sure).

I'll just say right now that for this theme I'm not looking into what needs to be done to it for it to work with 4.0 until we cross that bridge. Alpha versions of FoFiX are way too unstable for me to keep up with the changes(like I said I even have problems with the current theme.ini from time to time).

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Honestly for a beta release I really like the concept and...well pretty much everything. It looks really solid and everything looks like it's supposed to be there.
COUNTERPOINT

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:26 am

aander91 wrote:Honestly for a beta release I really like the concept and...well pretty much everything. It looks really solid and everything looks like it's supposed to be there.

Thanks ^_^. I made the glow more vivid on the HOPOs like you said. It turns out I didn't need to make them bigger, just up the opacity because I didn't know the colored glows where set at 75% opacity.

The new notes are in the "Updates" section.

.:Edit:.
I've also added a new unison.png, yourock.png, and youfailed.png to the "Updates" section.

.:Edit:.
Maybe I need to figure out how to set up a SVN repository with how many updates I'm doing.

Anyway, I removed the text from the Crisis Core wallpapers(except for the Cloud one which I cheated on to save time).

Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:15 pm

When you get enough changes to make a new release, release it, don't bother with small fixes unless you have a lot.
COUNTERPOINT

Return to “FoFiX”