FoFiX v3.121 Released

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
space warrior
akedrou

Re: FoFiX v3.121 Released

Postby akedrou » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:28 pm

myfretsarefrozen wrote:btw Do we still need jstumpos pitchbend module? because I can't use svn

Not sure what you mean. You never need any modules installed when you are running the binaries. Everything is included already - modules and such only apply when you are running from the sources (whether the development/SVN copy or otherwise).
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
timfromme

Postby timfromme » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:05 am

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say there was a huge improvement in my system when I downloaded and tried the new 3.121. I tried the python 2.6 version of 3.120, too much lag and freeze/skipped frames. Had to use python 2.4 version of 3.120; still had freeze/skipped frames but not as bad. No freeze or skipped frames with the python 2.6 version 3.121 on my system. YAY!!!! It ran 20 to 35 FPS faster!! Tested with Megalite theme.
My System:
AOpen i45GMt-HD Motherboard
Laptop Hard Drive 250 Gig Sata 5200 RPM Toshiba
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition
T8300 Intel Mobile Core2Duo 2.4GHz CPU @ 800Mhz Bus
4.0 GB System Ram @ 800Mhz
2.0 GB Sandisk Cruizer used as ReadyBoost
Intel Graphics Accelerator for Mobile 4 Series Chipset
Shared Graphics Memory (min 128 MB, max 1759 MB)
Thanks all to the development team to make it playable on my system.
:2thumbsup:
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:48 am

Thanks a lot! :smile: I just don't get what lag everyone is talking about here... I thought I had a slow comp and I haven't noticed anything.
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:19 am

Puppetz wrote:Thanks a lot! :smile: I just don't get what lag everyone is talking about here... I thought I had a slow comp and I haven't noticed anything.

Yeah, you're one of the lucky ones. I've seen a few quite ancient computers run FoF/iX smooth as silk, while brand new boxes of awesome have been brought to their knees.
I would love to know what the differences are which cause this.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:07 am

Sweet, I run the 2.6 build really smoothly. I wonder if I can use 3D notes with no lag now, hmm...

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Postby guitarfreak93 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:09 am

dude this is so awesome, I used to be able to play 2players max even though my comp = beast but now I can play with 4 players :) ty a lot.
I own GH III for PC
myfretsarefrozen

Postby myfretsarefrozen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:18 am

Does it support both or quad CPUs now? because i'm not sure.
valdexson

Postby valdexson » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am

Ok so far from what im seeing all these people who are play testing your new version dont even have gaming rigs I mean come on they have on board Video and dont lag? BS!!! my pc was built for gaming 3 years ago and can still play everything I throw @ it including 3.121 but I dont gain performance from it I lose it, 20+ frames of it. If you dont like the fact that a actuall gaming pc cant play your game then fix it. Other then that dont fix whats not broken AKA 3.120FINAL
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 am

myfretsarefrozen wrote:Does it support both or quad CPUs now? because i'm not sure.

Turn on advanced settings, go to advanced settings(or something like that) and look for Restrict to single core(Win32 only). If there's that option, that means it runs on all cores.
kirezar

Postby kirezar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:27 am

I think the game isn't build specifically for gaming systems, it's built in general for normal PCs that most people have
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:32 am

valdexson wrote:Ok so far from what im seeing all these people who are play testing your new version dont even have gaming rigs I mean come on they have on board Video and dont lag? BS!!! my pc was built for gaming 3 years ago and can still play everything I throw @ it including 3.121 but I dont gain performance from it I lose it, 20+ frames of it. If you dont like the fact that a actuall gaming pc cant play your game then fix it. Other then that dont fix whats not broken AKA 3.120FINAL

What? I have a gaming rig too and I get 70-75FPS(Maximum) with shaders on, AA 8x, and all that. Make sure you update the damn DRIVERS before saying anything. View my rig: http://www.xfire.com/profile/acrox999/
And oh yeah, clean your PC from viruses, malwares and all the unwanted craps. Defrag your PC every month.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:43 am

So what's the difference between the python 2.4 and the 2.6? Should I test them both and see which one lags least? I have the 2.6 now, and it might have dropped down a few fps for me now (from the 3.12)?!
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
valdexson

Postby valdexson » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

acrox999 wrote:
valdexson wrote:Ok so far from what im seeing all these people who are play testing your new version dont even have gaming rigs I mean come on they have on board Video and dont lag? BS!!! my pc was built for gaming 3 years ago and can still play everything I throw @ it including 3.121 but I dont gain performance from it I lose it, 20+ frames of it. If you dont like the fact that a actuall gaming pc cant play your game then fix it. Other then that dont fix whats not broken AKA 3.120FINAL

What? I have a gaming rig too and I get 70-75FPS(Maximum) with shaders on, AA 8x, and all that. Make sure you update the damn DRIVERS before saying anything. View my rig: http://www.xfire.com/profile/acrox999/
And oh yeah, clean your PC from viruses, malwares and all the unwanted craps. Defrag your PC every month.

your pc isnt much better then mine except u have a 9600 i have a 9500 video card as for the rest urs gets pwned, and there is no way your pc is running 75+fps with all that useless stuff on it AA8x? why would you need that in FoF no reason thats how i know your full of crap, and update my drivers? done, viruses? lol i dont even run anti virus cause im not dumb enough to download crap on my pc, how do i know i dont have viruses? easy im not a scrub pc user. i still stand that this new version is nothing new and nothing good .

EDIT: and for the record i have acess to 2 other pcs 1 being a laptop i will test 3.121 and 3.120 final on and im more then sure the results will be the same.
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:50 pm

for me:

RAM: 2GB DDR2 667
CPU: Dual Core 1.8GHz @ 800Mhz fsu
SPU: onchip RealTek
GPU: GeForce POV 8400GS - ForceWare 191.07

performance with py2.6 seems to have been boosted, but not much as for a "smooth GH-like gameplay".
As for py24, nothing new, just seems to load images faster. Songs play from equal to slower.

I don't use FSAA, always use 3D, RB2 theme, 44100Hz sound, no FPS limit, no continuous star fillup, no accuracy thingy, no shaders except for RB2 tails, missed notes set to "keep on going".

Tried with separate fofix.ini's and nothing seems to change, tried to use same fofix.ini from 2.4 with 2.6 and, nothing....
heppx3

Postby heppx3 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:51 pm

First, thanks for a great app, performance is way better than my GH3 game.
Sorry for not posting a new topic, but it's kind of related.

I cannot run the py2.6 (exe or zip installation - file tested and found OK in 7zip)
py2.4 is ok, but will be discontinued.
This has been the issue also for previous versions.
I do not get any fofix.log (or fofix.exe.log)
However, I do get a pop-up error box:
"C:\fofix.exe\FoFiX.exe
This program could not start because the program configuration is wrong. If you reinstall the program, this might solve your problem." (the text is translated.)
I've tried to search, but no luck.

P4 4GHz, 3GB, Nvidida GeForce 8600GT - driver 6.14.11 (August 2009)
WinXP Home SP2 - not english, though
Installed in different locations, currently C:\fofix
Tried with empty/standard fofix.ini in gamefolder and without. Also tried with ini in C:\Documents and Settings\.....\fofix\
I do not have any Python installed on my computer, do not wish to run from source...

Would be greatful for any help. :-)

Return to “FoFiX”