FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
sikuneh

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby sikuneh » Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 pm

supermorph wrote:i am happy that you was able to run a source-to-alpha(build) fofix 4.x on ubuntu

what i do want to know though, is:

a: what version?
b: whats the architecture of said version?
c: did you use any ia-32 libraries?

Ubuntu 11.04 (the latest)
64-bit
I'm not sure
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey world,

With me finishing up the semester, I'm finally going to have lots of time for FoFiX again, and with that, we've decided to start holding weekly development meetings for discussing, among other things, what recently got done, what we want to do during the week, what needs to be done for the next release to occur, and who is working on what.

The first such meeting will occur at 23:00 UTC today, about 3 1/2 hours from now. (That link will go to a countdown properly adjusted for your time zone.) There's a chance that we may choose a different time for subsequent meetings, but we'll almost certainly stick with Sundays for them.

Meetings take place in IRC, #fofix on irc.oftc.net (webchat link). As usual with our IRC channel, anyone may feel free to watch or participate; it's a good way to get the very latest information about our plans, and it's an especially good idea to hang out in IRC and attend the meetings if you contribute or are considering doing so.

See you there.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Hes back!
baseballplayinty

Postby baseballplayinty » Sun May 22, 2011 1:10 am

I'm glad to see that FoFix is still going strong. :thumbup: You guys are amazing.

Sorry for the random spam that probably isn't needed, but I figured I would give my 2 cents to you guys.
I support...
http://www.fretsonfire.org
http://www.FansOnFire.tk
and FoFix

If you EVER need help with anything just ask me i can probably can help you and will try to point you in the best direction if i can't give you the info directly.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:53 am

I see a lot of progress has been done for Pro modes. Good job guys, now I can see Pro Guitar and Pro Drums in the menu. Still not sure if it's fully implemented, gotta take a song and test it(hopefully it works).

EDIT: How stupid can I be, the controls can't even be configured yet. :blush:
Last edited by acrox999 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:58 am

I've been watching their commits, and some of them mention stuff like pro guitar. If pro instruments in FoFiX is really going to happen, I can't wait for a beta or something that has it in a playable state. I do wish they'd get vocals working properly though, otherwise it seems like they're biting off more than they can chew.
( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 am

Request for Themeable option>>>>

making it so you can scale the frettbuttons within the theme ini >>

fretscale = .45
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
durkk

Postby durkk » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:47 am

Wow! Pro guitar and pro drums! That'd be amazing! Keep up the good work!
terminatingZero

Postby terminatingZero » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi, I'm currently reading through a lot of the archives to get an idea on how this project is structured. I would like to begin participating. I plan on attending a meeting on Sunday. I have plenty of time to devoted towards that project. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appriciated ^.^ .
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Just pop in around meeting time Sunday. here's the link to the chat: http://chat.mibbit.com/#fofix@OFTC

(link is also on first post)
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

johnalex_

Postby johnalex_ » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:37 am

hey guys:

do u have any idea of when Fofix 4 is going to be released?
may be this year?
Sh*tty Guitarist
Shredin0id

Postby Shredin0id » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 am

johnalex_ wrote:hey guys:

do u have any idea of when Fofix 4 is going to be released?
may be this year?
I'm not part of the crew, but I strongly predict the release should be at most around the end of 2012. And if we're lucky, we might get FoFiX 4 near the end of 2011 :tongue: Don't get your hopes up, these are just my thoughts of the release date.
DaveDevil

Postby DaveDevil » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:26 pm

i'm sorry if anyone has already posed that question, i used the "search function" but i have not found anything...

isn't possible to have multi-monitor view?

it would be amazing with a video card with more than one output and monitor, to have for example, guitar in a monitor and bass in another monitor!

another amazing thing would be audio splitting. i used virtual dj a lot of time ago, and with my audio card with 4channels (left, right, rear left and rear right) i used the front output with earphones, and rear output with audio system. with audio splitting, players can use separated audio earphones, for example the guitar player can listen only the guitar track, and the same for bass, drums and voice.

is that really impossible?
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:45 pm

I am alive! It look like FoFix is still dead (sadly), I know I can't say it, I just want to say hello to the fof(ix) team and to the users. I hope you can keep working on that, I still love you guys, good luck.
Team Meteorito Official Member
Sh*tty Guitarist
Shredin0id

Postby Shredin0id » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm sorry to say this (especially since I'm not helping with the project) but I am confirming that 3.121 is going to be the last version. There's just no way 4.0 is going to be released when there has not been single update for a about 1-2 months.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:41 pm

A lot of colleges and schools were starting up within the past week or two. I personally haven't been on irc in awhile because I've been busy and mostly in my free time I've been working on improving my game instead of FoFiX. I can honestly say that my interest is starting to fade a bit mainly because the things left to implement are just way out of my league programming wise at this point. There's just one more thing I'd like to add to rockmeters than then I'll declare that as completely done.

As for no activity being done for the past few months is a lie, we've gotten a bit done, and if you look at the other branches on our git there has been some activity, it's just been done within side research/experimentation branches instead of the master branch.

Return to “FoFiX”