FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re:

Postby death_au » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 pm

ugo247548 wrote:
death_au wrote:IIRC in the OSX Keyboard and mouse settings there's a checkbox for using the F-keys for "controlling software features". If you tick that you should be good. I'm not a mac user though, and it's been a little while since I've used one.
I'm afraid I don't know what IIRC is. :( I've checked Keyboard System Settings Panel and there is a similar checkbox, but it's unchecked and I think it's for activating F keys as system functions on non-Apple boards. Thanks for the answer about newer builds, I'm glad to have the most stable and reliable game build, but still looking forward to 4.0.0.

"IIRC" just means "If I Recall Correctly". I'm pretty sure that checkbox is the one you want. There's not actually much difference between an apple keyboard and any other keyboard.
ugo247548 wrote:A real shame about worldrave quitting - although I never was a GH theme guy (always used standard FoF theme, then used RB1-RB2 when it became MFH-Alarian Mod). But I always admired how much work he'd put in his themes and how organized they were. And the level of detail was simply amazing. Legendary.

Agreed.
He's been having some health issues lately as well. Sad to see him go...
blazingamer

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby blazingamer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Just a heads up about the new rockmeter.ini, it's not compatible one bit with the current rockmeter.ini. Everyone who has released one will have to change it. You were all warned about things constantly breaking and changing with alpha/dev releases so no complaints, we also told you not to say you're compatible with 4.0.

Some things that are cool about this new rockmeter and some current notices about the code

Spoiler:-Scale values can be in pixels instead of percents if you want to be more precise
-Positions can be in pixels as well (taken in respect to a 640x480 window)
-Images and fonts can be left, center, or right aligned
-You can now set images to only show when a certain condition is met
-You no longer have to worry about effects when wanting to update a layer
-Score, Stars, Streak, etc are now all accessible by Font and Image layers
-I've made hints several times that there are only font and image layers, this is because that is all that is there now, I'm not going to make star power light layers or star layers, you can now do that easily by just using conditions
-When cropping an image using the rect property, the image will automatically be scaled in respect to the size of the cropped image, no longer will it stretch the cropped surface to the original image size
-There are still some things that need to be reincorporated that I would like (continuous circle fillup) they should come soon after this new code gets merged in.
-The code is completely documented so those who go in and look at it will understand what's going on for the most part
-MegaLight V4 is currently the only theme set to work with this, MLRB and MLGH3 need to be fixed.
-Properties are not yet documented in a separate file or googlepage, sorry, for now you'll just have to figure out what things do by trial and error, but that shouldn't be too hard anymore.

I hope you like all I've done for this. Here's some example code for you to see what it now looks like (taken from MLV4)

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[layer1:Text]

text = "Score:  %d" % score

font = loadingFont

xpos = 0.65

ypos = 0.15

[layer2:Text]

text = "%d Combo" % streak

font = loadingFont

xpos = 0.75

ypos = 0.25
alignment = center

condition = streak > 5

[layer5:Image]

texture = dots.png

xscale = .15

yscale = .15

xpos = 620

ypos = .75
alignment = right

rect = (0,1,0,.2)

[layer6:Image]

texture = dots.png

xpos = 620

ypos = .75

xscale = .15

yscale = .15

rect = (1.0 - (streak%10/10.0), 1, .2 + .2*(streak/10), .4 + .2*(streak/10))
alignment = right

condition = streak <= 40

Any comments, ideas about what I should do with it would be appreciated :)
davidjhi

Postby davidjhi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi people.

U guys, have any aproximate date for the release of fofix 4?

Im very impatient, and i like to have a date, 2012 maybe???.

I will donate money, I hope that this serves to accelerate the development

Thanks!.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:24 pm

blazingamer wrote:Just a heads up about the new rockmeter.ini, it's not compatible one bit with the current rockmeter.ini. Everyone who has released one will have to change it. You were all warned about things constantly breaking and changing with alpha/dev releases so no complaints, we also told you not to say you're compatible with 4.0.

Some things that are cool about this new rockmeter and some current notices about the code

Spoiler:-Scale values can be in pixels instead of percents if you want to be more precise
-Positions can be in pixels as well (taken in respect to a 640x480 window)
-Images and fonts can be left, center, or right aligned
-You can now set images to only show when a certain condition is met
-You no longer have to worry about effects when wanting to update a layer
-Score, Stars, Streak, etc are now all accessible by Font and Image layers
-I've made hints several times that there are only font and image layers, this is because that is all that is there now, I'm not going to make star power light layers or star layers, you can now do that easily by just using conditions
-When cropping an image using the rect property, the image will automatically be scaled in respect to the size of the cropped image, no longer will it stretch the cropped surface to the original image size
-There are still some things that need to be reincorporated that I would like (continuous circle fillup) they should come soon after this new code gets merged in.
-The code is completely documented so those who go in and look at it will understand what's going on for the most part
-MegaLight V4 is currently the only theme set to work with this, MLRB and MLGH3 need to be fixed.
-Properties are not yet documented in a separate file or googlepage, sorry, for now you'll just have to figure out what things do by trial and error, but that shouldn't be too hard anymore.

I hope you like all I've done for this. Here's some example code for you to see what it now looks like (taken from MLV4)

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[layer1:Text]

text = "Score:  %d" % score

font = loadingFont

xpos = 0.65

ypos = 0.15

[layer2:Text]

text = "%d Combo" % streak

font = loadingFont

xpos = 0.75

ypos = 0.25
alignment = center

condition = streak > 5

[layer5:Image]

texture = dots.png

xscale = .15

yscale = .15

xpos = 620

ypos = .75
alignment = right

rect = (0,1,0,.2)

[layer6:Image]

texture = dots.png

xpos = 620

ypos = .75

xscale = .15

yscale = .15

rect = (1.0 - (streak%10/10.0), 1, .2 + .2*(streak/10), .4 + .2*(streak/10))
alignment = right

condition = streak <= 40

Any comments, ideas about what I should do with it would be appreciated :)

Gah, lack of internet at home makes me unable to check this out. When I get internet back I will play with this.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Please take notice that they're not in GIT just yet but they will be in as soon as I'm able to get them in.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:35 pm

The new rockmeter has been in GIT for a few days now. I've been hacking at it violently trying to get stuff working for you all. If you have any problems with the new code feel free to tell me through the FoFiX irc.
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:43 pm

blazingamer wrote:The new rockmeter has been in GIT for a few days now. I've been hacking at it violently trying to get stuff working for you all. If you have any problems with the new code feel free to tell me through the FoFiX irc.

Hey dude, how are you? There is some progress on FoFiX 4, It is always a good new.
I updated my Spanish translation again, The last time i do it. I wont update it an long while (maybe it is the last time). Please add it to GIT. You rulez
I sent you an MP last week, but maybe it look like it doesn't sent. I don't care, please add it now. Links:
.mo
http://www.4shared.com/file/I4ZbeorC/spanish.html
.po
http://www.4shared.com/file/XkB14hE5/spanish.html
Team Meteorito Official Member
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:34 pm

@blazingamer

i have always used your megalight and gh3 megalight themes as a benchmark for what i need to do to get my images working in the new framework(when things change drastically)

so i guess my request is keep doing what you do :)
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:31 pm

@Borisdsp

Thanks, they've been added :)

@Slantyr

Thank you so much for such a nice complement, I really appreciate this coming from a guy that makes such high-quality themes. I'll be sure to fulfill your request.
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Can I make a new language for the game (Galician)?
If so tell me how
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galician_language
fuzion

Postby fuzion » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:10 pm

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/Translating

Not sure how applicable those instructions are today though.
Waiting for BH Theme
vitor180396

Postby vitor180396 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:03 am

thanks
FoFix 4.0 comes with a best translation of Brazilian Portuguese?
and the others issues?
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:23 am

vitor180396 wrote:thanks
FoFix 4.0 comes with a best translation of Brazilian Portuguese?
and the others issues?

No, I did it with Spanish, you can make the Brazilian Portuguese better
eu certamente sei falar portuges porque meu pai e portugues, mais falo muito pouco e mal

Return to “FoFiX”