FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
space warrior
akedrou

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby akedrou » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:34 am

weirdpeople wrote:
akedrou wrote:
weirdpeople wrote:In the new lobby code is there a way for you to use images for the difficulty level, or is there any images that are usable for the new lobby? im just wondering

There are - in fact any image put in the [theme]/setlist/parts folder will be loaded for that screen - but none are displayed yet beyond 'background.png' and 'selected.png'

is there going to be a new ini like the rockmeter.ini for positioning of images or what? or i

All of this will be controlled in CustomTheme.py - check the new theme sticky for basic details. It's still preliminary at this point, but that's the general plan.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

Oh yeah, I noticed that if you use CustomTheme.py to turn on graphical submenus, it will give you an error.
maxruto345

Postby maxruto345 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 pm

i need some recap here, since apperently i can't get video song stages workng right, im trying to make a video my default theme video background, where do put the "default.avi" on the theme for it to work (i did the new way to instal gstreamer for windows
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:48 pm

you put it in the stages folder. And make sure video stages are on in your settings.
maxruto345

Postby maxruto345 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

nope didn't work, im gonna try the old way :crying:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:10 pm

It might be that gstreamer doesn't like the file you're using, not that gstreamer is set up incorrectly.
We need to get a little pool of videos that are known to work for people to download and test with. That was my problem for a little while. The only video I've ever gotten to work was an mp4 I had of an Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney trailer. I haven't tried that many videos though.
maxruto345

Postby maxruto345 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:59 pm

its a renamed flv to avi
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:39 pm

What I've learned is that file extension isn't everything. There's still many different formats your flv file could be in. Try some files of different types.
maxruto345

Postby maxruto345 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 am

i will try that, btw, i have tried this before with a different computer and it worked with bright colors, the old way before even the new way came out so i don't understand why its not working, all the environmental variables are set as they should, python detects gstreamer, but when im in-game and i want to switch my stage to i.e default.avi, it doesn't work, something's just not right lets see if changing it to mp4 or something will do
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:07 pm

I got to play around with the new lobby last night. Looking good for multiplayer :thumbup:
I'm not 100% sure on single player though, it's a bit... hard to figure out what's going on at first. Not to mention that in megalight at least there was no way of telling which instrument I was selecting a player for.
It's good and all, and once you've worked out what's going on it's okay, but I think it's a little user unfriendly at the moment and may trip up a lot of people.

Also, on an unrelated note, I was playing multiplayer with Jurgen on megalight and I noticed that our overdrive bars were swapped. Player 1 had Player 2's bar and vice-versa. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the rockmeter code itself or the rockmeter.ini of megalight, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.
If I get a chance to look at it more and find it's a code problem and not an ini problem, then I'll make an issue for it.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

death_au wrote:Also, on an unrelated note, I was playing multiplayer with Jurgen on megalight and I noticed that our overdrive bars were swapped. Player 1 had Player 2's bar and vice-versa. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the rockmeter code itself or the rockmeter.ini of megalight, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.
If I get a chance to look at it more and find it's a code problem and not an ini problem, then I'll make an issue for it.

Sorry, that's my bad. I said there were still quite a few things messed up with the rockmeter code for 2 player. It's functional as in it works without crashing but it's not picture perfect.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:31 am

blazingamer wrote:Sorry, that's my bad. I said there were still quite a few things messed up with the rockmeter code for 2 player. It's functional as in it works without crashing but it's not picture perfect.

I was fully aware of that, hence my reluctance to make an issue of it. Something important to be made aware of though. It could be easy to miss in testing. In fact, I didn't even notice it straight away... I was trying to figure out why my overdrive wasn't draining... And then why I couldn't use it when it was full. I eventually put two and two together
É UMA BANANA!
caramba2654

Postby caramba2654 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:03 pm

I dunno if this was already posted on the topic (I don't want to read 28 pages...), but FoFiX 4.000 could have the bass hitlame between the yellow and blue removed, besides having the multiplier to stop when it reaches the number 4. Currently, you get to four, it spins one more time and then it stops. It should stop when you just completed 4.
HURRY! Click that image and give me an internet! PUT A KEEP ARE YOU!
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:42 pm

r2011 does some Lobby work.

Theme mechanics:
In your theme folder, any images that you place in a "lobby" subfolder will be loaded. The following files are supported in the default theme render - NONE are required:
  • background.png - background image
  • panel.png - the background of each character's panel
  • keyboard_panel.png - the background of the character panel currently being controlled by the keyboard; left and right to change
  • keyboard.png - image shown on the panel of the character controlled by the keyboard; left and right to change
  • selected.png - highlight behind selected characters
  • newchar_av.png - avatar image shown when "Create New Character" is selected
  • default_av.png - avatar image shown when selected character has no avatar
  • save_char.png - if present, shows this image instead of "Saved Characters" in the character select menu
Exciting, isn't it? There are additionally a fair number of theme vars to add to a custom theme - the 4.0 theme faq will explain how the system will work soon.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:48 pm

akedrou wrote:r2011 does some Lobby work.

Sounds awesome :thumbup:

Return to “FoFiX”