NEW (maybe) IMPORT METHOD FOR GH WITH ALL INSTRUMENTS!!

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Simograndi

NEW (maybe) IMPORT METHOD FOR GH WITH ALL INSTRUMENTS!!

Postby Simograndi » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:06 am

Hi guys, in the last days my friend Doglio92 was trying to create custom DLC for RB2 on his wii. He used a program called RAWKSD wich imports (and over all decrypts) songs from guitar hero world tour, metallica, smash hits and even 5. The incredible thing is that those charts created for the wii works with FoFiX with ALL INSTRUMENTS and DIFFICULTIES!! I discovered it (I think no one knew this before isn't it??) when I was trying to convert them for fofix, and so here it's the full method.

- Download RAWSDK
- Import songs from the iso of the original game
- simply rename che "chart" file created into the song converted folder into "notes-unedited.mid". (there's also the raw audio file but I don't know how to create oggs...)
- now copy the mid file into your fofix song (for example the GH metallica currently avaible with master tracks but amatorial mid) and run game. You'll notice that all instruments (guitar, bass, drums and even vocals!!) are avaible in all their difficulties.

If you don't believe me here there are the full version (now ALL official) of GHM Master Of Puppetz and I Love Rock and Roll from GH5. Enjoy them!! (Of course with fofix) :laugh:

Master Of Puppetz http://www.mediafire.com/?ol0zcn0jxuy

I Love Rock And Roll http://www.mediafire.com/?nijzr3fgy1r

The only "issues" are that some mids take a long time to load and that there are no solos (BTWt actually there aren't in GH series...) and Ho-Pos are misplaced (as soon as custom ho-pos aren't added to FoFiX), for the rest I repeat everything works, BPM and SP are fine, same quality of RB2 rips!! :2thumbsup:
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Re: NEW (maybe) IMPORT METHOD FOR GH WITH ALL INSTRUMENTS!!

Postby Typhus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:43 am

:smile:

I knew someone would try it already...

This has been discussed here as well.

Cool!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:48 am

WOooooooooooo!
Is it time to sing "La bamba"? (GHWT)
Team Meteorito Official Member
waaaa~~~~~~~
SakuyaFM

Postby SakuyaFM » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:06 am

Time to destroy my drum set with Vicarious and Scream Aim Fire :D
bruce142

Postby bruce142 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:20 am

Simograndi wrote:Hi guys, in the last days my friend Doglio92 was trying to create custom DLC for RB2 on his wii. He used a program called RAWKSD wich imports (and over all decrypts) songs from guitar hero world tour, metallica, smash hits and even 5. The incredible thing is that those charts created for the wii works with FoFiX with ALL INSTRUMENTS and DIFFICULTIES!! I discovered it (I think no one knew this before isn't it??) when I was trying to convert them for fofix, and so here it's the full method.

- Download RAWSDK
- Import songs from the iso of the original game
- simply rename che "chart" file created into the song converted folder into "notes-unedited.mid". (there's also the raw audio file but I don't know how to create oggs...)
- now copy the mid file into your fofix song (for example the GH metallica currently avaible with master tracks but amatorial mid) and run game. You'll notice that all instruments (guitar, bass, drums and even vocals!!) are avaible in all their difficulties.

If you don't believe me here there are the full version (now ALL official) of GHM Master Of Puppetz and I Love Rock and Roll from GH5. Enjoy them!! (Of course with fofix) :laugh:

Master Of Puppetz http://www.mediafire.com/?ol0zcn0jxuy

I Love Rock And Roll http://www.mediafire.com/?nijzr3fgy1r

The only "issues" are that some mids take a long time to load and that there are no solos (BTWt actually there aren't in GH series...) and Ho-Pos are misplaced (as soon as custom ho-pos aren't added to FoFiX), for the rest I repeat everything works, BPM and SP are fine, same quality of RB2 rips!! :2thumbsup:

I'm a bit disappointed regards the vocal part of Master Of Puppets: the overdrive doesn't activate (even if you have Jurgen vocals on) and you fail before you even begin to sing (*looks at the vocalist...YOU FAIL* :smile: bad joke :tongue2: ) due the phrases in the beginning of the song and fofix doesn't get any right input so it detects it as weak.
Ripping GH:WT+
SpeedDemon

Postby SpeedDemon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:45 pm

EDIT: Erased the contents of my message... just read on.
Last edited by SpeedDemon on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johngeush

Postby johngeush » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:04 pm

great i really want gh wt, gh metallica and gh smash hit and gh5 in my fof collection
SpeedDemon

Postby SpeedDemon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Well, if this rip of GH5 Wii I'm doin goes as I really, really hope it does (which is Epic Awesome, flawless) we could have GH5 by end of weekend, if it is as easy and straightforward as this dude (OP) says it is. Look out in Tune Posting for my post if this goes successful, and a post here saying it failed if it, well, you get the idea.

EDIT: Got RawkSD importing the songs. It'll be an overnighter I think. Its been 3-4 minutes just on 2 Minutes to Midnight....
Ill edit or make new post or somethin here soon on updates. I think also I will have to make a Song.Ini so that will just add to the time as I don't know how to do that very well.
Last edited by SpeedDemon on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kluuz

Postby Kluuz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:18 pm

does this work with Xbox 360?!?
caiowatanabe

Postby caiowatanabe » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Kluuz wrote:does this work with Xbox 360?!?

i guess not i'm trying it and it says that file is being used it gives an error
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:32 pm

Seeing that the wii and PS2 versions are practically the same, do you think it'd work with the PS2 versions of GHWT and up?
SpeedDemon

Postby SpeedDemon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:38 pm

blazingamer wrote:Seeing that the wii and PS2 versions are practically the same, do you think it'd work with the PS2 versions of GHWT and up?

Id bet not. They are different file systems. Though it may work, I'd say probably not.
Simograndi

Postby Simograndi » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:38 pm

You can rip PS2 version only of GH, GH2 and GH80s... BTW who knows how to rip audio (and now even midis) please do it!! :woot:
SpeedDemon

Postby SpeedDemon » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Calm down Sim.... GH5 is copying from the ISO to the awful weird files now. I will try as hard as I can (unless I end up with limited time) to get these audio and mids done this weekend (including Monday... no school Monday obviously!)

After I finish 5, I will be ripping WT, then M, then finally SH. After that I will wait till VH can be ripped.
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:14 pm

SpeedDemon wrote:Calm down Sim.... GH5 is copying from the ISO to the awful weird files now. I will try as hard as I can (unless I end up with limited time) to get these audio and mids done this weekend (including Monday... no school Monday obviously!)

After I finish 5, I will be ripping WT, then M, then finally SH. After that I will wait till VH can be ripped.

Wo! Thank you!
Team Meteorito Official Member

Return to “FoFiX”