- Vocal support came about after 3.120 beta 1 was released, so it's only available if you are running from svn or at least 3.120 beta 2.
- The undocumented mic_features_enabled option formerly required to activate microphone features has been removed. There is no need to set that option anymore to access microphone features.
- Make sure you have pyaudio if the controller options menu will not let you create a controller of type "Microphone" - approximately the first line of your logfile will say you are missing it too.
- Ensure the theme you are using contains the correct graphics to support vocals. If a vocals folder is present in the theme folder, you're all set.
- Microphones are currently only enabled for single-player mode and RB co-op mode. They will show up as "Disabled Controller" in other modes.
- If you set the pitch analyzer to pypitch and you get crashes, be sure pypitch is at least r9 (uploaded to mediafire June 16, 2009). r7 (the version used with the original vocal code) is not compatible.
- Any microphone that your computer can record from will work with the vocal functionality. This includes the Guitar Hero: World Tour, Rock Band 1, and Rock Band 2 microphones.
Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
- Read the rule stickies, especially ***** FORUM RULES • PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING HERE! *****, before you post.
- If you are thinking about running from git, please do the entire community a favor and read this thread first. It contains some important information that anyone thinking about running from git should be familiar with.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
- Posts: 837
- Joined: September 21st, 2008
- Location: Baltimore, MD (US)
- Reputation: 0
Since I have had to lock far too many threads lately asking simple questions about vocals and microphone setup, any thread whose only purpose is to ask something delineated in this post will be summarily locked with a terse reply linking to this post.
|jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump|
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests