Unable to install patch for 3.120

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
infectedsanity

Unable to install patch for 3.120

Postby infectedsanity » Tue May 26, 2009 3:24 pm

I downloaded both the installer and archive for the newest patch for Windows. When I extract everything from the archive into the folder for FoFiX 3.100 and try running the game, it shows the error message saying to check the FretsOnFire.exe.log for details. When I run the installer, I find my FoFiX folder, click upgrade, and then it says, "This looks like a valid FoFiX installation folder, but not version 3.100 final. Applying this patch will more than likely break your installation! Continue anyway?" If I continue, the same error message as before comes up when trying to run the game with the new patch files. I AM running 3.100 final, so why is it not working? :confused:
~Adam~ \m/_(-_-)_\m/
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Unable to install patch for 3.120

Postby amak11 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Read more thoroughly next time. this issue was addressed when i asked for help. Download the installers for fofix 3.100 and fofix 3.120 beta 1 patch. Install 3.100 then install the patch and it should work

here is the thread for reference
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37674
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

infectedsanity

Re: Unable to install patch for 3.120

Postby infectedsanity » Wed May 27, 2009 10:03 am

Sorry. I always expect that any problem I have has been addressed before, though.

-Edit-

'K, it worked. Thanx dude >:-)
~Adam~ \m/_(-_-)_\m/

Return to “FoFiX”