BSOD Hard Lock with 3.120 Beta 1 Py 2.6

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Socko

Re: BSOD Hard Lock with 3.120 Beta 1 Py 2.6

Postby Socko » Fri May 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm glad I checked out these forums today .. I had the same BSOD problems as yourself ArmeniusLOD, with the only differences being that it wouldn't crash out while playing FoF (I was using the Alpha releases and Python 2.6), it would lock up on whichever program was run after I finished my FoF session.

At the time I wasn't even aware that it was in any way related to playing the FoF Alpha, and ended up formatting my machine to start from scratch. Everything was running sweetly .. until I set up the FoF Alpha again, and the same issue arose. I uninstalled Python 2.6, set up the 3.120 Beta 1 version of Frets, and it's playing as sweet as a nut again. So, assuming that the updated drivers has solved your situation, it seems that there's some kind of rare Python 2.6 / Graphic conflict somewhere.

I'm running an NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS card here, so the Catalyst solution is out of the question, sadly.

** Please note: This is not me griping or complaining about anything here. While I'm gutted at not being able to play the Alpha releases, at least I still have the latest Beta that I can use .. I just figured posting this might be informative in some way. :smile:

Return to “FoFiX”