drum issue

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
jesspren6

drum issue

Postby jesspren6 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:44 pm

I was playing "two weeks" and I kept failing medium because when I try hitting two notes at once it doesnt work everytime. How do I fix this?
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Re: drum issue

Postby jstump91 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:46 pm

jesspren6 wrote:I was playing "two weeks" and I kept failing medium because when I try hitting two notes at once it doesnt work everytime. How do I fix this?

Are you using the keyboard or a controller?
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
jesspren6

Postby jesspren6 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:47 pm

I am using the Rock Band 2 wireless drums. It works sometimes but it seems that the red doesnt like to work that often, especially when im hitting the red and yellow at the same time. I tested it using another test drum software on pc and my rock band 2 game and theres nothing wrong with the drums.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Thu May 21, 2009 1:11 pm

I get this too, and raised the incident (lysdestic pointed out its been raised on google code somewhere)

Turn on the ingame fps monitor and see what fps your getting. I notice that the latest svn likes to jump around with fps a lot more (at least for me) I used to limit the FPS to 60 on old fofix and its fine but with the svn it drops from 60 to 45 and anywhere inbetween. Setting the cap at 45 fps made the board smooth for me and illiminated the phantom misses i was getting.

So its possible that your misses are caused by the fps changing around so often. Use the ingame FPS monitor and see what the LOWEST fps you get is then set your fps cap to around that mark. For EG, if your fps bottoms at 35 then make your fps cap 35-40 fps.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu May 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Personally, I don't think the phantom hits are so much FPS related, as they are to the bass drum code.

If you I let my foot rest between bass hits, I find that I get more phantom hits then when I don't because the game does not register the bass drum as a tap.

This is just a theory, however. I've never had it as bad as you seem to, so I would suggest checking your delay as well.
shobhit

Gh3 drum sets

Postby shobhit » Sun May 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Hello,
I have gh3 drumsets, can anyone tell me if i can use it with fofix? If yes, then how do i set the drums.
RED ?
BLUE ?
GREEN?
ORANGE?
YELLOW?
PEDEL OK
It will be really helpfull.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon May 25, 2009 12:12 am

:blink: GH3 had drum controllers???
To set up a drum kit, depending on which one you have, you PLUG IT IN, go to the FoFiX OPTIONS and set the CONTROLS.
You could also visit the GAME CONTROLLERS section of the FoFiX Wiki [link]
Amiga Rules
Nickman

Re: Gh3 drum sets

Postby Nickman » Mon May 25, 2009 4:19 am

shobhit wrote:Hello,
I have gh3 drumsets, can anyone tell me if i can use it with fofix? If yes, then how do i set the drums.
RED ?
BLUE ?
GREEN?
ORANGE?
YELLOW?
PEDEL OK
It will be really helpfull.

I think you mean GH4 :)
And for me I had to use the buttons (X/Y/A/B) Green (A) = Green pad, and so on, instead of hitting the pads when i setup the controller in settings.
This is because the pads are Analog and FoFiX doesn't handle them yet but the buttons are digital and give the right values. It works in game (hitting the pads i mean).

Return to “FoFiX”