General Issue I have

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

General Issue I have

Postby amak11 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Now every time i play FOFix 3.120 beta 1 py 2.4 on windows XP. I get an error

I just played the same version for linux on my computer and it works no issues

I'm running dual boot Mandriva 2009/ Windows XP

P4 with HT
1 gb RAM
Geforce 6200 vid card
ide hardrives
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Re: General Issue I have

Postby Lysdestic » Tue May 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Woah, that's one hell of an error.

I've never seen such a lengthy log file in my life.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 pm

How incredibly true the thread title is.

In ***** FORUM RULES *****, jstump91 wrote:
  • Know your log file. It's called fofix.log and can be found on Windows in the folder you are running the game from, on GNU/Linux in ~/.fofix, or on Mac OS X in ~/Library/Logs. It often contains helpful information about how we can fix the error. Do not post a bug report without it! (If it's long, use the [spoiler] tag so as not to vertically stretch the page.) Posts that simply say "My game is broken please help" are not even a little bit helpful. Please don't do that.

Seriously, you've given us absolutely nothing that might indicate what the error might be. We can't try to fix it unless we know what the error actually is. Please read the rules before posting problem reports.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Sorry i will get it up in a minute

---- EDIT ----

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "FretsOnFire.py", line 38, in ?
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 31, in ?
  File "OpenGL\__init__.pyo", line 27, in ?
  File "OpenGL\GL\__init__.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "OpenGL\GL\GL__init__.pyo", line 5, in ?
  File "OpenGL\GL\_GL__init__.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "OpenGL\GL\_GL__init__.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

---- EDIT ----

What i don't get is why it's working on linux but, not on windows
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue May 19, 2009 4:14 pm

What i don't get is why it's working on linux but, not on windows

I would assume because they are different operating systems, different packages, and different packaging methods.

In other words... different.

Try with the Python 2.6 package. I'm not a windows guy, but this seems to be an issue with the 2.4 package.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:17 pm

The Windows Python 2.4 patch sometimes fails in that way when it is used with MFH's 3.100 package. Some things that might give you working 3.120b1 include patching an installation done with my 3.100 installer or using the 2.6 patch.
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:17 pm

I have tried the 2.6 version and the lag makes it unplayable. My computer is a borderline gaming computer

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue May 19, 2009 5:25 pm

amak11 wrote:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "FretsOnFire.py", line 38, in ?
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 31, in ?
  File "OpenGL\__init__.pyo", line 27, in ?
  File "OpenGL\GL\__init__.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "OpenGL\GL\GL__init__.pyo", line 5, in ?
  File "OpenGL\GL\_GL__init__.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "OpenGL\GL\_GL__init__.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

forum rules wrote:Do not post errors ending with "ImportError: No module named ..." unless you are absolutely, positively, 100% sure that you read all the way through either RequiredSourceModules or RunningUnderPython26 (depending on which Python version you're running) and did everything it told you to do. If it worked before but suddenly started giving you such an error, please check whether we added a new dependency since you set up your environment (in which case we will post about it in the development thread and update the wiki pages).

Just a wild guess?
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Actually, no. It's not a "No module named ..." error.

It's a DLL being missing from the installation due to the broken Windows 3.120b1 patch.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:35 pm

I'm going to try the installer method and see if it works

---- EDIT ----

Look at that It turns out there is an issue with the archived version of FOFix 3.120 beta 1 py 2.4. The installer actually worked and it started.

jstump we need a toubleshooting thread so we don't go through this. I'm just suggesting it, don't want to make a big deal out of it

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Return to “FoFiX”