Fatdog and the Third Dimension

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
fatdog

Re: textured 3d notes

Postby fatdog » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:07 pm

working on it at the moment, but ran into a glitch that appears to be a code issue, fret button geometry with alpha seems to cull other frets, but only seems to happen in some situations, i was able to minimise the effect in the rb2 set but haven't found a way to avoid it with the beatles set so its pushing me back a bit

i should be able to get a first version out in a couple of hours but it will likely still have this issue, but other than that things are looking alright
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Perfect! Ds just released his TBRB theme too :thumbup:
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:21 pm

fatdog wrote:working on it at the moment, but ran into a glitch that appears to be a code issue, fret button geometry with alpha seems to cull other frets, but only seems to happen in some situations, i was able to minimise the effect in the rb2 set but haven't found a way to avoid it with the beatles set so its pushing me back a bit

i should be able to get a first version out in a couple of hours but it will likely still have this issue, but other than that things are looking alright

ok
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:35 pm

well heres version1 of the 3d beatles pack, glitch still present but will have to do for now, hopefully a dev will be able to look into it at some point

2 player screen

Spoiler:Image

rrb_3d_v1

I'm Brazilian
Italo_Hellboy

Postby Italo_Hellboy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:58 pm

thank's a lot Fatdog !!! I love the notes !!
Sorry for bad english !! I'm Brazilian
Ds~

Postby Ds~ » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Amazing dude, i already added this on my RB:TB Mod Extras ^^
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:05 pm

ok cool, the timing of these releases worked out quite nicely really

---- EDIT ----

death_au wrote:I haven't had a chance to sit down and seriously photoshop for a while, but now that I have, here are some mockups of the 3D notes I requested for my Oldschool theme:
The one on the left is the normal green note. Normal notes need no texturing at all, they're good.
the 2nd and 4th ones are simple textured mockups of what I would like the star notes to look like. The 2nd one I did ages ago and lost the source files, but the 4th I did today, and I have the gradient I used for it:

The 3rd one is what I'd ideally like the starA notes to look like. I'm not sure if it would look good non-animated though, especially if they all look the same. If it's bound to look crap, or too difficult to do, I'd settle for starA notes that look like 2 or 4, with star notes having the same texture applied to the black parts.
For the open (bass) note, I'd like a simple model that looks like a space-bar With similar texturing to the notes

(it doesn't have to be curved)

Hopefully I'm not requesting too much....

Also, here is the .dae file for the original note: http://www.mediafire.com/?44zj2ovnkjm

I had a chance to look at this, wasn't able to do to much with the original dae as it seemed a bit of a mess but just remade the basic shape

is this the kind of thing u are after?

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:09 pm

fatdog wrote:I had a chance to look at this, wasn't able to do to much with the original dae as it seemed a bit of a mess but just remade the basic shape

is this the kind of thing u are after?

I figured those original notes were a bit of a mess. They're pretty old, and who knows what made them...
Those new ones look awesome! They seem more "new and shiny" than I wanted, but thinking about it, that's not such a bad thing. They keep the old look but update it to the new. I like 'em :thumbup:
The 5th note (and also the bass note, if/when you get around to that) should be a fuchsia colour, to fit with the original FoF, as opposed to orange. Although I've had requests for orange as well. I could always recolour the textures myself, but if it's no big deal would it be possible to provide both optionally?
Could you possibly do white ones as well, for star notes? I think that would be the best way to go for them.

...and one other request... Seeing as though those notes look so awesome, the fret buttons are going to look bad by comparison, so could you touch them up too? They're just keys like on a keyboard. As seen in this screenshot (the rest of the pic is unrelated)

Spoiler:
(The colours more like the original though, not the pale Beatles colours in this screenshot)

EDIT: Better screenshot:

I'm sure there's a dae around somewhere. I think they're in the megalight theme (included with FoFiX) at the moment, actually. There's a very basic bass fretbutton in there too.

Thank you very much fatdog! I wish I was half as good as you at this stuff :2thumbsup:
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:31 pm

death_au wrote: As seen in this screenshot (the rest of the pic is unrelated)

Spoiler:
(The colours more like the original though, not the pale Beatles colours in this screenshot)

EDIT: Better screenshot:

I'm sure there's a dae around somewhere. I think they're in the megalight theme (included with FoFiX) at the moment, actually. There's a very basic bass fretbutton in there too.

Thank you very much fatdog! I wish I was half as good as you at this stuff :2thumbsup:

You stole my picture. I am honored.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
fatdog

Re: Fatdog and the Third Dimension

Postby fatdog » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:47 pm

colour adjustments are easy so no problem, i can just include a notetex_e_alt.png

i'll play about with the textures see if i can reduce the shiney look

and i'll take a look at the keys, i was the one who did the basic bass fret so i think i already have the key meshes imported somewhere :laugh:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

fatdog wrote:i was the one who did the basic bass fret so i think i already have the key meshes imported somewhere :laugh:

Heh. It's taken me this long to associate the fact that fatdog = knapman. Sometimes I can be really slow :tongue:

Thanks again for your efforts :thumbup:
lscarl

Postby lscarl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm

can someone help i want these so bad :drool: but i cant seem to install them right :mad: but good notes :thumbup:
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:43 am

follow the instructions in first post
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:24 pm

This thread has basically always been about notes for FoFiX, so the thread's been moved to the FoFiX subforum.
Hopefully people can still find it :tongue:
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:46 am

can i request a beatles rockband fix?
the beatlesmania (overdrive) notes are, so wrong.
they should be the same as the normal ones only white and gold.
i have more issues but they can wait until the biggest one is solved!
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam