FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby death_au » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:28 pm

What stack overflow errors are you getting? What do you mean by not being able to see the words on the screen? Why do you assume MFH is the only one who can fix your problems of which we have no more detail about yet?
I'm Brazilian
Italo_Hellboy

Postby Italo_Hellboy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:39 pm

I don't know if it is because of puppets musics but all the songs that I play, the sound loses volume after the first time I get overdrive
Sorry for bad english !! I'm Brazilian
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Italo_Hellboy wrote:I don't know if it is because of puppets musics but all the songs that I play, the sound loses volume after the first time I get overdrive
That's weird, try a song by a different fretter.
DesertDiamond

Postby DesertDiamond » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:20 pm

What ever was changed with the ho/po settings is really bogus. :crying:
I rolled back to r1738.
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:29 pm

DesertDiamond wrote:What ever was changed with the ho/po settings is really bogus. :crying:
I rolled back to r1738.

Agree...whatever changed in 1746 is causing many missed notes (not just ho/po).

On the same note...from r1717 up to before 1746...was actually very smooth. You guys finally fixed the jumpy neck and it was running the best it ever had been...always room for improvement though.

And then, 1746 messed it all up... :thumbdown:
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
Qstick

Postby Qstick » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:49 pm

WildSioux wrote:
DesertDiamond wrote:What ever was changed with the ho/po settings is really bogus. :crying:
I rolled back to r1738.

Agree...whatever changed in 1746 is causing many missed notes (not just ho/po).

On the same note...from r1717 up to before 1746...was actually very smooth. You guys finally fixed the jumpy neck and it was running the best it ever had been...always room for improvement though.

And then, 1746 messed it all up... :thumbdown:

actually i believe it was 1744, and nothing is messed up the settings values were just changed, go into settings and change your hit window back to standard, its probably on tightest or tight, or remove the 'note_hit_window' line from your fofix.ini
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:56 pm

hannon wrote:man i hope MFH gets around to fixing this coding, id love to be able to see the words on the screen :P and not have stack over flow errors

And is there any reason you have to be absurdly rude about things?

What on earth are you even talking about? You have errors that no one else can reproduce and then 1) do nothing to help us figure them out, and 2) complain and subtly insult us in the most passive-aggressive way possible for not doing anything. (MFH fix the coding? He's really good at what he does, but so are the other ten guys working on this project - not even counting myself.) You realize vocals would still be a joke were it not for the awesome work put in by stump, right?

That said... What are you talking about? Turns out it works fine for us, so we can't well fix it until we know what the problem is. You can't see vocals on screen at all? Anything in the logfile?

To the people complaining about their HO/PO settings: Haha... Yea... Oops. Q's right. I forgot to give the modified key a new name. If your hit window setting was previously on "Normal", it is now on "Tightest", so just change the Hit Window setting in the cheats setting and all should be well.

(It had previously been broken out so two of the options were in a different menu, and that seemed rather counterintuitive...)
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:32 pm

akedrou wrote:
hannon wrote:man i hope MFH gets around to fixing this coding, id love to be able to see the words on the screen :P and not have stack over flow errors

And is there any reason you have to be absurdly rude about things?

What on earth are you even talking about? You have errors that no one else can reproduce and then 1) do nothing to help us figure them out, and 2) complain and subtly insult us in the most passive-aggressive way possible for not doing anything. (MFH fix the coding? He's really good at what he does, but so are the other ten guys working on this project - not even counting myself.) You realize vocals would still be a joke were it not for the awesome work put in by stump, right?

That said... What are you talking about? Turns out it works fine for us, so we can't well fix it until we know what the problem is. You can't see vocals on screen at all? Anything in the logfile?

To the people complaining about their HO/PO settings: Haha... Yea... Oops. Q's right. I forgot to give the modified key a new name. If your hit window setting was previously on "Normal", it is now on "Tightest", so just change the Hit Window setting in the cheats setting and all should be well.

(It had previously been broken out so two of the options were in a different menu, and that seemed rather counterintuitive...)

yup sometimes ya gotta get right down to the grit of things, when i use 3.120 i cannot see the words at the main screen i goto change settings and the games crashes

well and theres this, OMG would i be ohh i dunno PROOF!

Code: Select all

(E) Loading error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1000, in main
  File "View.pyo", line 216, in render
  File "Dialogs.pyo", line 2023, in render
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 849, in drawStarScore
OverflowError: (34, 'Result too large')

(E) OverflowError, exceptions.OverflowError: (34, 'Result too large')Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1025, in run

(D) View: Pop all
(D) View: Pop: SongChoosingSceneClient
(D) View: Pop: LoadingSplashScreen
(D) View: Pop: SongChooser
(D) Disconnecting.
(N) Connection lost.
(D) View: Push: MessageScreen
(E) Loading error: Traceback (most recent call last):

(E) Recursive exception:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1025, in run

Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Postby 666shadowlord666 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Being a smart allic with one of the main developers won't get you anywhere you know. FoFiX is open-sourced, how about if you fix the problems yourself instead of being rude to these guys?? Or pay them if it's important enough to you, since so far your the only person that seems to have this problem. And like Akedrou mentioned, there's a lot of people just as skilled as MFH that work on this game, and are just as willing to fix this problem, if they can reproduce it, if not, it's probably something on your end. :thumbdown:
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 pm

@hannon: Why aren't you trying to be actually useful??
Why don't you just read the rules?
Why don't you just create an issue in the issue tracker?

Now, the fact that no other person has reported this issue combined with the extract you've provided leads to believe that it could be related to the theme. What theme are you using?
It could be something as little as a bad star space value (3rd parameter of result_star)[1].

So, again, you could start by creating an Issue and provide useful information.

PS: what's the value of result_star in the theme.ini of the theme you're using?
[1] See http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/The ... lts_Screen
Happ E Nose

Postby Happ E Nose » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Is there going to be a beta 3? Or are we just going to the final release?
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:28 am

evilynux wrote:@hannon: Why aren't you trying to be actually useful??
Why don't you just read the rules?
Why don't you just create an issue in the issue tracker?

Now, the fact that no other person has reported this issue combined with the extract you've provided leads to believe that it could be related to the theme. What theme are you using?
It could be something as little as a bad star space value (3rd parameter of result_star)[1].

So, again, you could start by creating an Issue and provide useful information.

PS: what's the value of result_star in the theme.ini of the theme you're using?
[1] See http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/The ... lts_Screen

i don't try to be useful cuz no one really reads any of my posts, ppl think im hot headed, but i play FOFix more then you guys take the time to program it, so i take the time to "break" in FOFix and make sure that its all working

there is no result for the theme, i had switch between MGL and GH3MGL then thats when it all crashed out....yea issue trackers are fine, but again i hardly ever see anything checked out, even if its a week at the most

yes im just very assinine in my statements, some times ya gotta be that way to be noticed, but then again doin it too much will get me noticed and ignored, lol

but yea anyways ima have to stick with 3.100 cuz my video card doesn;t support shaders, would be nice if a newer version was made without the newer shaders, then it could be a multi platform program, rather than relying on the video card, cuz i aint got the money to shell out for a new computer
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3

Postby jstump91 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 am

hannon wrote:but yea anyways ima have to stick with 3.100 cuz my video card doesn;t support shaders, would be nice if a newer version was made without the newer shaders, then it could be a multi platform program, rather than relying on the video card, cuz i aint got the money to shell out for a new computer

Just disable them, then! They're optional for precisely this reason!

And there's absolutely nothing platform-specific about shaders. It's all in whether your video card and its driver support them. Even if they don't, though, we just fall back to standard rendering. And if we don't, that's a bug, which should be reported.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
I'm Brazilian
Italo_Hellboy

Postby Italo_Hellboy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:07 am

can anyone put a screenshot of audio menus for me ? because when i play a song the music lose volume when a sound efect start (overdrive, claps ... )

i think this problem is because my audio settings is wrong

thnk's
Sorry for bad english !! I'm Brazilian
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:58 am

jstump91 wrote:
hannon wrote:but yea anyways ima have to stick with 3.100 cuz my video card doesn;t support shaders, would be nice if a newer version was made without the newer shaders, then it could be a multi platform program, rather than relying on the video card, cuz i aint got the money to shell out for a new computer

Just disable them, then! They're optional for precisely this reason!

And there's absolutely nothing platform-specific about shaders. It's all in whether your video card and its driver support them. Even if they don't, though, we just fall back to standard rendering. And if we don't, that's a bug, which should be reported.

@jstumpo
I have disabled them and there is still the issue of me not being able to play, john if you look a few pages back you will see me pointing this out.....
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3

Return to “FoFiX”