FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
Happ E Nose

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby Happ E Nose » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Borisdsp wrote:There are 2 errors in FOFix 3.120 Beta 2 :
- Select Avatar doesnt work, it goes to main menu
- You cant active pitchblend to killswitch efect, it says it isnt installed or similar...

I noticed that the data/avatars folder wasn't included in the windows releases. Could this be partly why avatars don't work?
Drum Fretter
blackfish55

Postby blackfish55 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:37 pm

there was only 1 neck included as well, and if you try to change necks you'll get a crash to desktop because there's only 1.
D4rkSh4d0w

Postby D4rkSh4d0w » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Happ E Nose wrote:
- You cant active pitchblend to killswitch efect, it says it isnt installed or similar...

I noticed that the data/avatars folder wasn't included in the windows releases. Could this be partly why avatars don't work?

Yeah, the avatar pictures have to be inside \data\avatars\ folder.
Savage1969

Postby Savage1969 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:29 pm

Happ E Nose wrote:

If you are using KiD's RB2 Theme (maybe some others), copy the theme's avatar directory to the FoFix\data directory and you're good to go. Once you then select an avatar within the game's Character Creation menu, FoFix will add the graphic to FoFix\data\users\players directory as a PNG in the format of your created name.png

Basically it's the same as the song directory which isn't created during the install (referring to Win install). This is my first post, so I hope it helps someone.

Edit: Sorry, DarkShadow beat me to it.
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Borisdsp wrote:
hannon wrote:damn too bad i can't play FOFix 3.120 guess i'll have to get a system that supported ARP shaders, well its been fun, but i guess im stuck with 3.100 and alarian! cuz well i aint rich, so i'll just enjoy the bass and drums and guitar for now, kinda disappointed, but eh, its progress,

You can play without shaders in FOFix 3.120
You dont have to active them, and vocals 4 players and Guittar Battles will be there too.

i did turn it off and still shader error
Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Postby Sogg Nomis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Borisdsp wrote:- You cant active pitchblend to killswitch efect, it says it isnt installed or similar...

I have this too, I have gone through all of Jstumps required modules and installed them all, I could probably run off the SVN now. so are other having this or I still have missed or not installed something.
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Sogg Nomis wrote:
Borisdsp wrote:- You cant active pitchblend to killswitch efect, it says it isnt installed or similar...

I have this too, I have gone through all of Jstumps required modules and installed them all, I could probably run off the SVN now. so are other having this or I still have missed or not installed something.

If you are under GNU/Linux, it's normal. I didn't have it installed, it's not included.
I've updated the summary page to give further details.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Happ E Nose wrote:

If this is the case, then yes - it's why avatars don't work. Create a folder in your data folder named "avatars" and put at least one .png in there - the one included is the same one as "data/users/players/default.png"
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
I Wanna Rock
Sogg Nomis

Postby Sogg Nomis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

evilynux wrote:
Sogg Nomis wrote:

If you are under GNU/Linux, it's normal. I didn't have it installed, it's not included.
I've updated the summary page to give further details.

Sorry, no under Windows 7. I have tried all the options for (EDIT: Sorry I ment Pitchbend) using the SVN Rev's. there is no Rev for Python 2.6 is this the reason?

I am using the Python 2.6 version of the 3.120 Beta 2 Release on Windows 7
Last edited by Sogg Nomis on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happ E Nose

Postby Happ E Nose » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:59 pm

akedrou wrote:If this is the case, then yes - it's why avatars don't work. Create a folder in your data folder named "avatars" and put at least one .png in there - the one included is the same one as "data/users/players/default.png"

Yeap, why wasn't it included? None of the necks are in the release either. Only the default neck.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 am

Happ E Nose wrote:Yeap, why wasn't it included? None of the necks are in the release either. Only the default neck.

Likely the scripts used to make the installer were not updated before creating it.

Anyway, a bunch of fixes are up in r1745 - translators please use the messages.pot from that revision to update translations for final. Good amount of work for you in there, I bet.
(for those who are translating but are not using SVN, the link is here: http://fofix.googlecode.com/svn/MFH-Mod/trunk/src/messages.pot)
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
JackeShan

Postby JackeShan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:03 am

Did anyone get the wammy effects working? When I use the wammy (on the GH:WT controller) the fret is all messed up.
Choose Your Destiny
Denny8303

Postby Denny8303 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 am

Great release guys, love the new editions. The only issues i'm having are the whammy effects mentioned prior and also i noticed no matter if you got the disappear or keep on going setting, missed frets keep on going. I like to set it to disappear cause it throws me off when i'm playing. Also maybe it's just me but the hit-window seems to have been modified slightly. I use the standard hit window and i'm missing alot more notes now than i did before (This could be because of my guitar too). The last one may just be an enhancement and it'll take some getting use to, but in any case, i'm very impressed with this release, great job keep up the good work. :2thumbsup:
JackeShan

Postby JackeShan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:47 am

Denny8303 wrote:Great release guys, love the new editions. The only issues i'm having are the whammy effects mentioned prior and also i noticed no matter if you got the disappear or keep on going setting, missed frets keep on going. I like to set it to disappear cause it throws me off when i'm playing. Also maybe it's just me but the hit-window seems to have been modified slightly. I use the standard hit window and i'm missing alot more notes now than i did before (This could be because of my guitar too). The last one may just be an enhancement and it'll take some getting use to, but in any case, i'm very impressed with this release, great job keep up the good work. :2thumbsup:

I fixed the wammy effects by downloading the Rock Band 2 1.6.5 (light) and copied it into the old Rock Band 2 folder.. even though it is the same version it seems to work now. Go to advanced video settings and set "static string" on yes, and "effects display mode" on static. Seems to work perfectly fine now.
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:50 pm

man i hope MFH gets around to fixing this coding, id love to be able to see the words on the screen :P and not have stack over flow errors
Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Return to “FoFiX”