Forum rules
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby jstump91 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Legwon wrote:Edit: went to check on the ini's, came across this
.fofix-cache-journal

does anyone know what this is?
ive seen ".fofix-cache" b4, but this one.

That's a product of the way SQLite performs database transactions so that data integrity is maintained.

I'm going to move all caches to a single SQLite database file when I have time to. That will likely help the locking problems that occur with "List All" mode as well as clean up how caching is done, and it will open the door to some more songlist management optimizations that we might be able to do using the cache.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Thu May 28, 2009 6:12 pm

lvl4573r wrote:
Simograndi wrote:I just wanted to notice some issues, maybe known or not. I'm running r1576 under windows and of course I've all python components installed. BTW:

- overdrive and solo neck fading works no more;
- in RB2 theme (r80) if static strings are enabled they doesn't show at all
- It's impossible to modify character in lobby with yellow fret (I'm using PS3 GHWT guitar and pressing Y it creates a new profile... :confused: )

does anyone else has this issues?

seconded

Pseudo-"third'ed".

I'll explain... I also have the first issue (strings issue) but not the second.

I'm using FoFix latest release (1579) with Python 2.4 and PyOpenGL 3.0. Tested with RB1, RB2 and GH-Metallica themes.

If you could fix this it would be great.

Thanks!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Thu May 28, 2009 7:06 pm

I have also retarded issues like that. For example my neck is smaller (in width), i don't have strings (centerlines) and i get the overdrive string flesh UNDER the neck.. Fncking wierd....And yeah, i can't edit a player in the lobby, it just creates new.. :glare:
I'm Brazilian
Italo_Hellboy

Postby Italo_Hellboy » Thu May 28, 2009 7:11 pm

my is the same of KID
Sorry for bad english !! I'm Brazilian
Sexier than you
p_025

Postby p_025 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:04 pm

That's weird. Mine doesn't go to Create New when I press the yellow fret in the lobby. Mine edits. Hmmmmm…
Desktop:
OS: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3 (Build 2600); Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Beta (Build 7048) | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2 CPUs, 2.40GHz) | RAM: 2x Corsair XMS 2GiB DDR2, 2x Corsair XMS 1GiB DDR2 (6GiB total, 3.25 recognized by XP) | Video: EVGA NVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MiB | Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Thu May 28, 2009 9:14 pm

p_025 wrote:That's weird. Mine doesn't go to Create New when I press the yellow fret in the lobby. Mine edits. Hmmmmm…

Same here...I get the "edit" with the yellow fret.

Do those who have the problem have the mic enabled? Just a thought...

I turned static stings "off" and now I have center lines again.

SVN r1585 here...
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
Sexier than you
p_025

Postby p_025 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 pm

WildSioux wrote:I turned static stings "off" and now I have center lines again.

I never really understood what "static strings" are, I always have them turned off though.
Desktop:
OS: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3 (Build 2600); Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Beta (Build 7048) | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2 CPUs, 2.40GHz) | RAM: 2x Corsair XMS 2GiB DDR2, 2x Corsair XMS 1GiB DDR2 (6GiB total, 3.25 recognized by XP) | Video: EVGA NVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MiB | Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Shashashake it!
icke01

Postby icke01 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:48 pm

WildSioux wrote:
p_025 wrote:That's weird. Mine doesn't go to Create New when I press the yellow fret in the lobby. Mine edits. Hmmmmm…

SVN r1585 here...

I am using r1585 aswell and editing with the yellow fret works fine for me. I have mic enabled so I don't think that's the problem.
Zippity Do Dah
Legwon

Postby Legwon » Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 pm

icke01 wrote:
WildSioux wrote:

SVN r1585 here...

I am using r1585 aswell and editing with the yellow fret works fine for me. I have mic enabled so I don't think that's the problem.

well i can tell u that it has nothing to do with the mic..
just turned my static strings "off" they showed up... i dont have a mic installed.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu May 28, 2009 11:31 pm

I noticed the same thing with the strings, but thought it was just my new laptop. If I look carefully though, the strings are present, just very transparent and almost impossible to see.
I haven't had the time to test properly over the past few days, I've started working.
Shashashake it!
icke01

Postby icke01 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:19 am

I have had the issue of the game freezing whenever loading the songlist for a while. All you have to do is close the game, go in your song directory and delete the fofix.cache file of whatever folder you try to load. The problem disappeared with rev. 1585 for me...
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Fri May 29, 2009 7:17 am

p_025 wrote:
WildSioux wrote:I turned static stings "off" and now I have center lines again.

I never really understood what "static strings" are, I always have them turned off though.

Yeah, I don't understand what "static strings" are either???

death_au wrote:I noticed the same thing with the strings, but thought it was just my new laptop. If I look carefully though, the strings are present, just very transparent and almost impossible to see.
I haven't had the time to test properly over the past few days, I've started working.

Yeah, there is something funky going on with the neck. It is overlaying all of this stuff that should be shown.
- strings
- Bass groove only shows up on "Replace," "Overlay" does not show at all. (For a long time now)
- And the neck fnckin doesn't scroll smooth (for a long time too)

Funky I say...
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri May 29, 2009 7:38 am

Static strings are just that. The string image which usually scrolls down along with the neck stays stationary. This isn't noticeable with themes like rock band, because the strings are the same all the way along, but with the GH3 strings for example, you and clearly see them move or stay still
(That is, if you could clearly see the strings atm.)
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:57 am

r1587: Top-level error handling has been fixed to reset the game state upon error. This means that errors during gameplay should not infinitely loop and inflate the logfile to an enormous size anymore.

This also means that some errors that previously were just logged and ignored will trigger full error handling. Some bugs that were obscured by this behavior may make an appearance now; I was not able to test everything.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
0_o
BLOODPAIN

Postby BLOODPAIN » Fri May 29, 2009 11:59 am

Code: Select all

(D) GuitarScene: Guitar Solo found: 148620.8435-166676.316 = 80
(D) View: Push: GuitarSceneClient
(E) Loading error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\GameEngine.py", line 986, in main
    done = Engine.run(self)
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\Engine.py", line 136, in run
    self._runTask(task, tick)
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\Engine.py", line 124, in _runTask
    task.run(ticks)
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\GuitarScene.py", line 3944, in run
    if self.song and self.song.readyToGo and not self.pause and not self.failed:
AttributeError: GuitarSceneClient instance has no attribute 'song'

(E) AttributeError, <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: GuitarSceneClient instance has no attribute 'song'Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\GameEngine.py", line 1013, in run
    return self.mainloop()
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\GameEngine.py", line 986, in main
    done = Engine.run(self)
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\Engine.py", line 136, in run
    self._runTask(task, tick)
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\Engine.py", line 124, in _runTask
    task.run(ticks)
  File "E:\GAMEZ\FoF\src\GuitarScene.py", line 3944, in run
    if self.song and self.song.readyToGo and not self.pause and not self.failed:
AttributeError: GuitarSceneClient instance has no attribute 'song'

Tried to play song on drums. rev1587

Restarted game, all works without errors. :blink:

Return to “FoFiX”