FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby jstump91 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:33 pm

hannon wrote:i am a beta tester only,
i just switched between ML and GHML and turned off the shaders and now it will not run at all! so i dunno what else to do, man i miss MFH he is Teh Uber....

Whatever ive posted is the results that ive gotten. as much as ive had interest in alpha testing , its just not my cup of tea...

Thnxs acrox evilynux and anyone else that has tried.....if you guys can reproduce this error then all the power.

EDIT it appears that even with the shaders off it still wants to run with shaders on

i am goin to copy GFX from 3.100 into the folder and see what happens, if it happens to work then will have to make notice of this

EDIT 2 i used the ML and GH3ML theme from 3.100 in the newer version and it runs now,

now to debug why i cannot see the words at the game opening screen

EDIT 3 i went into play drums and i was greeted with "no controller found" when i have my drums plugged in :| and when finally able to get into song, the game freezes up and i have to use task manager to end it :/

Maybe if you actually, I don't know, posted your logfile we might actually be able to provide some actual semblance of being able to help you.

Don't go on and on about MFH when there are a great many other developers than him working on the game too. MFH did a lot, but you wouldn't have battle mode without Qstick. You wouldn't have vocals without me and akedrou. You wouldn't have portability without trinidude and evilynux. You wouldn't have shaders without *cough*volsh. Graphics would be a right mess if not for blazingamer. Even MFH wouldn't be able to help you without a copy of your logfile.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:21 pm

@jstumpo if there was something in the log worth posting don't you think i would have done that? Im sorry man i know logs help but there isn't any "problematic behavior" to be shown.

and if you look a few pages back theres a log file there,
FoFix 3.100 is a lil buggy too with the drums for some reason too,

yes i know there are others and such that have made this possible , but eh we all have our fav's and mine just happens to be MFH. :|

Eh let me have my fun, its summer, sure beats workin in the heat....which i am forced to go back to this week :crying:
Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Mr Stump speaks the truth. I've had no idea how to help hannon for quite some time now, and it's even tougher when I'm not actively developing :)

I hope to be back in the next month or two; things should slow down after I attend Defcon. I've had more side projects and weekend travel than I could handle lately, and as soon as I get a chance to really relax I will probably pick up my guitar controller again and play FoFiX.

You guys are doing an excellent job, I've demonstrated the game to some friends a couple times after updating the SVN recently and everything has come along quite nicely! I can't wait to get back into it. I will probably not jump directly back into FoFiX issue 491, but I may make my way back there eventually. That issue was quite frustrating for a while and is the last I remember of developing :thumbdown:

Anywho, rock on everyone.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Good luck, MFH! I wish you the best! :2thumbsup:
I Am Chilean!!
ALVX

Postby ALVX » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:06 pm

thanks friends and solve the problem but I had just returned to the default settings where I pc rb style and fast and running smoothly;) thanks for making this become a reality at all: D
teh_hahn

Postby teh_hahn » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:22 am

Hi,
my FoFiX crashes everytime a song is finished (after pressing a key in the "scores"-screen). I already deleted the INI-file and changed the theme to MegaLight, but that does not fixes the problem. This occurs, when playing with drum. If the red drum-pad is activated in the menu I receive a KeyError: 0 message and after it a Disconnecting message, then the game freezes with a black screen. If another key is pressed the game crashes to Windows (without a message). Heres the log:

Code: Select all

(E) Loading error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1000, in main
  File "View.pyo", line 216, in render
  File "GameResultsScene.pyo", line 796, in render
  File "GameResultsScene.pyo", line 1350, in renderHighScores
  File "GameResultsScene.pyo", line 486, in nextHighScore
KeyError: 0

(E) KeyError, exceptions.KeyError: 0Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1025, in run
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1021, in main

(D) View: Pop all
(D) View: Pop: GameResultsSceneClient
(D) View: Pop: GetText
(D) Disconnecting.
(N) Connection lost.
(D) View: Push: MessageScreen
(E) Loading error: Traceback (most recent call last):

(E) Recursive exception:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1025, in run
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 1021, in main

PS: I tried the Python 2.4 AND the Python 2.6 build of FoFiX 3.120 beta 2 (SVN r1740), but the errors remain! Maybe someone has a solution!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:43 am

Hey, recently everyone using SVN had their hitwindow tightened, etc, because the settings got changed (fair enough, known issue). But does that mean that the default for a blank ini would be "tightest"?
I'm not so much complaining about the setting being changed, I'm just wondering why we all had a tightest hitwindow. Surely it should default to normal...
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:56 am

Please help me:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=39504
I dont know how to change .mo (or .po, i dont remember) files.
I am under Ubuntu but i can do it in Windows too.
Team Meteorito Official Member
TheSand

Postby TheSand » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Controls A, S, D, F, G aren't working... :thumbdown:

Only F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 :sad:

Edit: This version sucks... I keep playing good old FoF.
Shashashake it!
icke01

Postby icke01 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:54 pm

TheSand wrote:Controls A, S, D, F, G aren't working... :thumbdown:

Only F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 :sad:

Edit: This version sucks... I keep playing good old FoF.

This is the dumnest post I have read here in a while. The old FoF was a great game but FoFix is the way more advanced version. You should be glad people created such a great game. Just because YOU are unable to use it, doesn't mean the program sucks. It's YOU. Lemme guess: You didn't create a controller and are wondering: Why is this not working? It can't be my fault, since I'm flawless. It gotta be the program.
Think twice before posting next time. :thumbdown:
Zanger

Postby Zanger » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:30 pm

FoFiX 3.100 Final was by far the best release for me. It doesn't have the audio problems of the new betas. I have a massive A/V delay and can't seem to fix it. Any ideas?
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:07 pm

are the shaders for FOFix 3.120 video specfic? such as a Geforce 5500 256 mb, i noticed that i am at 2.1 and fofix 3.120 uses 3.1, just a few questions, im tryin to figure out why the screen is black, i dunno how many others are tryin to figure it out but heres one more to the list...
Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Postby Mafiu » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:36 pm

death_au wrote:Hey, recently everyone using SVN had their hitwindow tightened, etc, because the settings got changed (fair enough, known issue). But does that mean that the default for a blank ini would be "tightest"?
I'm not so much complaining about the setting being changed, I'm just wondering why we all had a tightest hitwindow. Surely it should default to normal...

Because the FofixDEV play in EXPERT+ and the game is very simple with a normal hitwindow xD...

Anyway... the vocal support now it's almost perfect and playable, now i can sing and play the fake plastic guistar and be a rockstar :blush: ...

Thanks to the dev people in fofix and all the people testing alpha's versions with SVN.
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Gugered wrote:
trinidude4 wrote:
Gugered wrote:On python version 2.6 for mac beta release 2 3.120 (SVN r.1740) there is an eror that says:
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed
I don't know if the error is showing for me only, but can you please tell me what to do?
However 2.5 works.
By the way great job.

I'll look into it, but I'm not getting that error. I do have PIL installed. Anyone else using the Mac python 2.6 version getting this error?

Trinidude, i also have PIL installed. I installed through a .dmg file found here: http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/dmg/PIL-1.1.6-py2.5-macosx10.4-2007-05-18.dmg

I can't figure this one out because I can't reproduce this on my computer. I don't think there is any advantage to running the python 2.6 version over the python 2.5 version right now anyway.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Gugered: judging by the filename of the package you installed, that's the 2.5 version. Don't you want the 2.6 version?
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?

Return to “FoFiX”