FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
Watch the demoscene
fenolftalein

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby fenolftalein » Thu May 21, 2009 8:42 am

Slash666 wrote:Lihgting tails are messed up now. You can see some kind of edges around them.

Should be fixed.

death_au wrote:To reproduce it you just need to redefine some fretX_color variables in a theme.ini. The note tails will change colours, but the flashing neck and the hitflames remain the default colours (i.e, green, red, yellow, blue, orange). The Guitar Legend theme in my sig is the perfect example, because the fret colours are different (purple, yellow, blue, orange, green). Oldschool is another example with it's purple 5th fret.

Fixed.
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Thu May 21, 2009 11:10 am

Just a heads up that the board doesn't flash anymore. Changing option to Lightning, Flashing...doesn't matter.
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Thu May 21, 2009 11:17 am

WildSioux wrote:Just a heads up that the board doesn't flash anymore. Changing option to Lightning, Flashing...doesn't matter.

Confirmed on r1495. Stage lightning and rb2 tails work.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Watch the demoscene
fenolftalein

Postby fenolftalein » Thu May 21, 2009 11:28 am

Fixed.
Just forgot to change neck shader variables.

Please, test drums.
mentis

Postby mentis » Thu May 21, 2009 11:33 am

Hi Guys, got a little issue... did some searching but didn't find it addressed...

I hadn't used FoF for a while, and just got back into it, so I'm using FoFix 3.100, and got everything working quite well. The only problem I'm having is that I am unable to set the display res to 1600x1200.

I'm running WinXP Pro SP2, and my desktop res is 1600x1200 at 32bit. The game doesn't seem to have any options for specifying it to run at 32bit, which is the main problem here. Is there a way to tell the game to run in 32bit? I'm using a lower res in the meantime, but it's not usually aligned properly on the screen.

If I do set the res to 1600x1200, the game becomes unresponsive to any keyboard or controller input. So the only way to get out is to kill the process, and manually change the res back in the ini file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-+[Blog]+- -+[Minitokyo]+- -+[MySpace]+-
Chris265265

Postby Chris265265 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:35 am

For some reason, when I try upgrade to latest one, I locate the folder, but it doesn't let me upgrade. I havn't installed FOF though, I just have the folder, if you get what I mean. I can play it and all, but it won't let me upgrade. Someone possibly have the fully updated FOF possible they can give me?
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Thu May 21, 2009 11:54 am

Chris265265 wrote:For some reason, when I try upgrade to latest one, I locate the folder, but it doesn't let me upgrade. I havn't installed FOF though, I just have the folder, if you get what I mean. I can play it and all, but it won't let me upgrade. Someone possibly have the fully updated FOF possible they can give me?

yea i had that issue too, nothing that can be done until the devs finish work. just have to sit and wait it out like most peeps
Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Postby fenolftalein » Thu May 21, 2009 12:30 pm

New global variable: isMultChanged.
Neck flashing should work good now even if there are two drum or guitar parts.
Please test coOp mode.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu May 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Chris265265 wrote:For some reason, when I try upgrade to latest one, I locate the folder, but it doesn't let me upgrade. I havn't installed FOF though, I just have the folder, if you get what I mean. I can play it and all, but it won't let me upgrade. Someone possibly have the fully updated FOF possible they can give me?

You are being extremely vague, but for some reason, I am guessing you are trying to update from SVN? If I were you, I would just wait until the next release.
Chris265265

Postby Chris265265 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Well it asks me to download the updater from 3.100 to that 3.120 beta thing. But I don't have FOF literally installed to my PC, I just have the files, i presume like most people, and play from there.
Drum Fretter
blackfish55

Postby blackfish55 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Hey guys, I posted an idea regarding adding a keyboards instrument. The thread is here.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37738
Ryoma

Postby Ryoma » Thu May 21, 2009 3:52 pm

fenolftalein wrote:Ryoma, you can add new variables, if active shader doesn't have uniform with this name, it just ignores variable assignment.

I know, but it's not the actual problem. See, I applied a fading blur effect and the thing is, it looks cool but if you decide to alter the actual curves size via the uniform interface scalexy, you also alter the area the blur effect is applied to. And sadly it looks like crap after that.
I tried to make it scalexy.x or scalexy.y or even scalexy dependent but for some reason the compiler always gave me the "not allowed" garbage, so in the end I had to manually adjust the blur area with another uniform interface variable after using scalexy.
The thing is, I probably would have figured some way around it sooner or later (if I had my computer) I guess, so it's no big deal but I think implementing 2 or 3 Universal variables you could use with the uniform interface wouldn't be that bad.
They don't have to be something pre-defined like height or scalexy. It would me more like this:

You have a uniform float universal1.
Shader 1 would use the universal1 variale to calculate the random effect x.
Shader 2 wouldn't use it at all (but has to define it).
Shader 3 would use it for calculating some kind of length between 2 objects.
Slash666

Postby Slash666 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:11 pm

How to use metal shaders?
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Thu May 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Slash666 wrote:How to use metal shaders?

Check the menu....
Options --> Display --> Advanced --> More Effects --> Notes: Metal
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Thu May 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Why do GH3 Shaders put a color-changing (velocity meter?) thing at the front of the fretboard?

It changes colors as I hit notes and it also detects the loudness of the music, and jolts up and down.
Can we get this forum going again?

Return to “FoFiX”