FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby angellinus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:29 am

death_au wrote:I was actually referring to Azzco mentioning there were no precompiled binaries for windows and python 2.6. Which there obviously are, as you yourself have been talking about them and the problems you're having with them.
This statement was not directed at you, nor did it have anything to do with your problems.

Okey Dokey! I just found one thing that megalight has no runtime nor logfile errors when playing drums. Its just the RB2 theme that has the runtime errors.

---- EDIT ----

And we've got another winner! GH3 themes also have runtime errors with the drums!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:41 am

I just played through all of the hellion/electric eye on drums with the latest RB2 theme from kid (svn) without a single problem (in fact performance seems to have improved since I last checked. Maybe it's just my computer doing less)
Using the python 2.6 version.

By the way, with the bass drum "hop", is there any way we can get the neck to settle back into place quicker? It seems odd the way it works now, jumping up and then slowly sinking back into place...
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:46 am

Do I require Service Pack 3 to play FoFiX 3.12 beta on drums?
Cause if it does:

Spoiler:THATS Cr@ppy B!tch!

And death_au speaking of bouncing hop, in fact the hop is so short. And please make the hopping only for bass notes? And Gh3 has hopping?

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:50 am

Nope. I'm running on win7 beta currently, and I just got the error on the GH3 theme... investigating further and will report back...

---- EDIT ----

Got it. Animated hit flames are crashing it on drums.
That's why the rock band 2 theme failed for you and worked for me, you had your own custom hitflame animation, if I recall correctly, right? Whereas no such file is in the svn.

EDIT2: The error for the log file (if it was posted earlier, it's pretty much guaranteed buried now)

Code: Select all

(E) Loading error:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GameEngine.pyo", line 945, in main
  File "View.pyo", line 216, in render
  File "GuitarScene.pyo", line 5331, in render
  File "Scene.pyo", line 286, in render
  File "GuitarScene.pyo", line 4027, in render3D
  File "Stage.pyo", line 585, in render
  File "GuitarScene.pyo", line 4039, in renderGuitar
  File "Drum.pyo", line 3018, in render
  File "Drum.pyo", line 2374, in renderFlames
AttributeError: Drum instance has no attribute 'Hitanim2'
hibbet

Postby hibbet » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:18 am

to death au,did you play on expert level and were you using a drum kit to play on drums because altho the performance is fantastic i am having major problems with random dropped notes whilst playing drums.it is not my kit as playing on version 3.10 with the same settings is fine
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:45 am

I recompiled the Mac 3.120 beta 1 binaries. Here are the links:
Python 2.6 with Py-OpenGL 3 http://www.mediafire.com/?rm2k5kidzng
Python 2.5 with Py-OpenGL 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?ye2zufnk4mf
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:03 am

hibbet wrote:to death au,did you play on expert level and were you using a drum kit to play on drums because altho the performance is fantastic i am having major problems with random dropped notes whilst playing drums.it is not my kit as playing on version 3.10 with the same settings is fine

My drum kit's a pain to set up at the moment, and I'm nowhere near good enough to play on expert (barely good enough to play medium).
Are you using the new python 2.6 version? Also, out of curiosity, what type of drum kit is it? (RB/RB2/WT/ION, PS3/XBOX/Wii....)
hibbet

Postby hibbet » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 am

i am using the rockband 1 ps3 kit,and i used a fresh copy the the 3.10 patched to 2.6 and used kids rb2 theme
I forget. LETS ROCK!
jfosheezy

Postby jfosheezy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 am

Could you please add my suggestion to the code I think its a great idea.

Spoiler:

jfosheezy wrote:I was thinking the other day about how FOFIX could be better and I got it. I thought that if it would be possible we could create another songs folder in the theme folder so that there will be songs that will only appear for that theme. For example say you have all the guitar hero 3 songs, you could put those in the new folder so that you could only play the guitar hero 3 songs on the guitar hero 3 theme. Of course the songs that are in the main songs folder can be played on any theme. Please respond to say if the ideas are good or bad an if we could do it. Thanks.

ImageImage
Yay plastic toys!
Maurice10

Postby Maurice10 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:41 am

jfosheezy wrote:Could you please add my suggestion to the code I think its a great idea.

Spoiler:

jfosheezy wrote:I was thinking the other day about how FOFIX could be better and I got it. I thought that if it would be possible we could create another songs folder in the theme folder so that there will be songs that will only appear for that theme. For example say you have all the guitar hero 3 songs, you could put those in the new folder so that you could only play the guitar hero 3 songs on the guitar hero 3 theme. Of course the songs that are in the main songs folder can be played on any theme. Please respond to say if the ideas are good or bad an if we could do it. Thanks.

Seems useless to me.
Just don't navigate out of the GH3 folder and you won't even know if you have any other songs!
I forget. LETS ROCK!
jfosheezy

Postby jfosheezy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 am

yea I already heard that but you guys arent getting it.If you change themes it will automaticly go to that folder and it will be cooler.

ImageImage

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:46 am

jfosheezy wrote:yea I already heard that but you guys arent getting it.If you change themes it will automaticly go to that folder and it will be cooler.

Having a butler to to wipe my behind would be cool too, but it most likely isn't going to happen.
I forget. LETS ROCK!
jfosheezy

Postby jfosheezy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:09 am

that was mean but still this would be a great fix to it so it seems more like your playing the game the theme was based on with out changing directorys.

ImageImage

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 am

No meanness intended, just a laugh.

I'm still of the opinion that if you change themes and you want it in that song directory, play a song from that game. Viola!

I mean, next you will be asking for the game to rig up some kind of telepathic thing where it automatically detects what theme you want to run.

Python is good and all, but I'm pretty sure import ESP isn't rigged up yet.
Ryoma

Postby Ryoma » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:52 am

jfosheezy wrote:Could you please add my suggestion to the code I think its a great idea.

Spoiler:

So you want the developers to sit down for a couple of hours or even days and code something that will save you 3 keyboard commands (Esc the GH3 folder - > Arrow down to the RB folder -> Enter)?

Not to sound mean but I would like to have the developer coding cool shaders in that time instead. :huh:

Maybe even more practical suggestions like "reduce the 'Browsing Collection...' loading time" or "reduce the song preloading time with shaders enabled (it's twice as long for me now)" would save you more time in general if that's your concern. :wink:

Return to “FoFiX”