FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
trinidude4

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby trinidude4 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 pm

bbombf wrote:When running either of trinidude2's 3.120beta packages, I get this error:

Code: Select all

error: Failed loading /opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib, 2): image not found

I'm running 10.5.6 and the regular 3.100 package works fine. I assume I'm just missing something that I didn't download?

That's probably something on my end that I need to fix. I'll look into it now.

--Edit--

I think it'll work if you disable pitchbend for now. I have to recompile libSDL_mixer. It might take me a little while to fix it.
Last edited by trinidude4 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Is there a precomplied version of 3.120? I want to see if the game is patching wrong on my computer. Which could be a possibility
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

bbombf

Postby bbombf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:35 pm

trinidude4 wrote:
bbombf wrote:When running either of trinidude2's 3.120beta packages, I get this error:

error: Failed loading /opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib, 2): image not found

I'm running 10.5.6 and the regular 3.100 package works fine. I assume I'm just missing something that I didn't download?

That's probably something on my end that I need to fix. I'll look into it now.

--Edit--

I think it'll work if you disable pitchbend for now. I have to recompile libSDL_mixer. It might take me a little while to fix it.

How do I disable pitchbend if I can't get FoFiX to load? I changed whammy_fx from 1 to 0 in fretsonfire.ini but it didn't help any.
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:25 pm

bbombf wrote:How do I disable pitchbend if I can't get FoFiX to load? I changed whammy_fx from 1 to 0 in fretsonfire.ini but it didn't help any.

Change whammy_effect to 0 in fofix.ini.
bbombf

Postby bbombf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 pm

trinidude4 wrote:
bbombf wrote:How do I disable pitchbend if I can't get FoFiX to load? I changed whammy_fx from 1 to 0 in fretsonfire.ini but it didn't help any.

It's still giving me the same error after changing whammy_effect to 0 in fofix.ini.
It's the fofix.ini located in Frets on Fire.app/contents/Resources/ right?
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:15 pm

bbombf wrote:
trinidude4 wrote:

It's still giving me the same error after changing whammy_effect to 0 in fofix.ini.
It's the fofix.ini located in Frets on Fire.app/contents/Resources/ right?

Yeah, you're right...it doesn't open unless you have /opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib. I have to recompile libsdl_mixer.
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:28 pm

death_au wrote:Uh... If you'd bean reading, then you'd have seen people talking about the new prcompiled 3.120 python 2.6 beta for windows...

I know this post is old, but yes! I have been reading the compiled 3.120 python 2.6 beta.........for MAC!
bbombf

Postby bbombf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Alright well thanks for your help. No rush. I know you've got plenty of stuff on your plate.
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:41 pm

bbombf wrote:Alright well thanks for your help. No rush. I know you've got plenty of stuff on your plate.

Ok, I hope I made a quick workaround for the python2.6 version.
1. Download this file and extract: http://www.mediafire.com/?jyi3dzr5hzo
2. Replace the libSDL_mixer file in the Frameworks folder in the Frets On Fire.app with the libSDL_mixer file included in the zip.
3. Copy the libvorbisfile.dylib from the zip into the Resources folder in the Frets On Fire.app.

I hope that will at least get you up and running for now. I'm going to have to do a bunch of things to get the app working properly.

--Edit--
I had to go back and recompile pygame using the SDL frameworks instead of the SDL dylibs. Macports uses the dylibs for some reason. I should be able to post up some working versions tomorrow.
I Wanna Rock
Sogg Nomis

Postby Sogg Nomis » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:53 pm

death_au wrote:Yeah, FoFiX was built on 1.2.451 if you trace it back, but there has also been quite a bit of code "borrowed" from 1.3.110 as well (removing the Amanith/PyAmanith dependency and some tidy up of the theme settings code, if I remember correctly). So in a way, it's kinda both...

Ok so canI just check then, I installed the other day on a new PC and it worked fine I installed like this all steps through 1 to 5 over the top of the same install folder.

1. Frets on Fire 1.2.451

2. RF Mod 4

3. MFH FOFIX 3.000 Full

4. MFH FOFIX 3.100 Final

5. MFH FOFIX 3.120 Beta 1 Python 2.6

Are all the steps nessacerry or can I drop 2 and 3.
ForFretsSake

Postby ForFretsSake » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:30 am

Sogg Nomis wrote:4. MFH FOFIX 3.100 Final

To play, you only need these installed in this order. No need to install FOF.
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 am

I have somethin in here. I have the drums working in the megalight theme, but not the kristian mkd Rock Band 2 theme. When in the RB2 theme, it has the runtime error. Does the coding affected the RB2 drum themee?

ForFretsSake wrote:
Sogg Nomis wrote:4. MFH FOFIX 3.100 Final

To play, you only need these installed in this order. No need to install FOF.

I followed this.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:04 am

angellinus wrote:
death_au wrote:Uh... If you'd bean reading, then you'd have seen people talking about the new prcompiled 3.120 python 2.6 beta for windows...

I know this post is old, but yes! I have been reading the compiled 3.120 python 2.6 beta.........for MAC!

I was actually referring to Azzco mentioning there were no precompiled binaries for windows and python 2.6. Which there obviously are, as you yourself have been talking about them and the problems you're having with them.
This statement was not directed at you, nor did it have anything to do with your problems.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:08 am

battery1992 wrote:

Spoiler:Hey guys.

I've downloaded "3.100 Final to 3.120~beta1 Patch for Windows with python 2.6 and pyopengl 3.x", and replaced the files of my 3.100 Final with these patch. When I execute FretsOnFire.exe an error message appears: See the logfile ________ for details"

FretsOnFire.exe.log says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "FretsOnFire.py", line 38, in ?
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 31, in ?
File "OpenGL\__init__.pyo", line 27, in ?
File "OpenGL\GL\__init__.pyo", line 2, in ?
File "OpenGL\GL\GL__init__.pyo", line 5, in ?
File "OpenGL\GL\_GL__init__.pyo", line 12, in ?
File "OpenGL\GL\_GL__init__.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.

Ok, so i've downloaded 3.100 Final again, and downloaded the 3.120 Beta Patch installer. When i click upgrade, it says that it's not FoFiX 3.100 Final, and it will probably make the game crash. But it IS 3.100 Final, i've just downloaded the .rar from GoogleCode.

It's weird. Anyone knows why is this happening? Thanks in advance.

FoFiX issue 698

death_au wrote:
angellinus wrote:

I was actually referring to Azzco mentioning there were no precompiled binaries for windows and python 2.6. Which there obviously are, as you yourself have been talking about them and the problems you're having with them.
This statement was not directed at you, nor did it have anything to do with your problems.

Oh now I get it, I didn't make myself clear when I spoke of precompiled binaries. I was talking about pygame not FoFiX there. :P
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Riptide

Postby Riptide » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:17 am

battery1992 wrote:Hey guys.

I've downloaded "3.100 Final to 3.120~beta1 Patch for Windows with python 2.6 and pyopengl 3.x", and replaced the files of my 3.100 Final with these patch. When I execute FretsOnFire.exe an error message appears: See the logfile ________ for details"

FretsOnFire.exe.log says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "FretsOnFire.py", line 38, in ?
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 31, in ?
File "OpenGL\__init__.pyo", line 27, in ?
File "OpenGL\GL\__init__.pyo", line 2, in ?
File "OpenGL\GL\GL__init__.pyo", line 5, in ?
File "OpenGL\GL\_GL__init__.pyo", line 12, in ?
File "OpenGL\GL\_GL__init__.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.

Ok, so i've downloaded 3.100 Final again, and downloaded the 3.120 Beta Patch installer. When i click upgrade, it says that it's not FoFiX 3.100 Final, and it will probably make the game crash. But it IS 3.100 Final, i've just downloaded the .rar from GoogleCode.

It's weird. Anyone knows why is this happening? Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same issue - when I got the error overlaying the update on my running copy of 3.100 I grabbed the 3.100 Final from the Google page and overlaid the 3.120 patch (from the 7z file) and received the same error. :crying:

Return to “FoFiX”