--== Rock Band 2 : RBF - Revision 90..by [K.i.D]™ --==

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 months and 1 day old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.

Honestly, do you like this theme and the way the post is organised?

It's the best theme & post ever!
53%
The theme is perfect!
29%
It's ok..
11%
It's stupid!
1%
It sucks bad, so i don't even play it anymore.
1%
The theme is great but i don't like the post.
4%
The theme sucks but the post is well organised.
1%

Total votes: 3469
His chakra is so...
MistTribe

Re: Rock Band 2 : Continues..[1.6].. Project by [K.i.D]™

Postby MistTribe » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:39 pm

How do I become alpha tester? I really want this new theme. :wink:
qb8young

Postby qb8young » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:25 pm

I have been updating all my songs with album.png files and well as difficulty in the song.ini
My question is for the Guitar Hero 1 setlist the RB difficulty tiers fit fine 0-6.
However GH2 and GH3 have an additional tier... so If I was to go and set the diff_guitar setting in the song.ini for the final tier to 7 what would be displayed?

Maybe the real question here is should I make the final tier 7 or the first two tiers 0?
#3 Pro Speed Fretter
Razlo7

Postby Razlo7 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:29 am

qb8young wrote:I have been updating all my songs with album.png files and well as difficulty in the song.ini
My question is for the Guitar Hero 1 setlist the RB difficulty tiers fit fine 0-6.
However GH2 and GH3 have an additional tier... so If I was to go and set the diff_guitar setting in the song.ini for the final tier to 7 what would be displayed?

Maybe the real question here is should I make the final tier 7 or the first two tiers 0?

Just because a song is in a certain tier, doesn't mean it's difficulty is that number.
There's no need for a 7th difficulty, besides it ruins the RB2 setlist to have another difficulty.
Starting fresh. (:
qb8young

Postby qb8young » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Razlo7 wrote:
qb8young wrote:I have been updating all my songs with album.png files and well as difficulty in the song.ini

Just because a song is in a certain tier, doesn't mean it's difficulty is that number.
There's no need for a 7th difficulty, besides it ruins the RB2 setlist to have another difficulty.

OK... I don't think you understand my question. A tier number IS the same as a difficulty number. Adding a 7th difficulty to the theme DOES NOT ruin the RB2 set list. It makes it so longer tiered set lists can be shown in this theme. After the 5 red "devil horns" it could be 5 of something else, maybe platinum "devil horns".
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:06 pm

qb8young wrote:OK... I don't think you understand my question. A tier number IS the same as a difficulty number. Adding a 7th difficulty to the theme DOES NOT ruin the RB2 set list. It makes it so longer tiered set lists can be shown in this theme. After the 5 red "devil horns" it could be 5 of something else, maybe platinum "devil horns".

Actually, difficulty has nothing to do with tiers (in FoFiX). They are completely separate settings in the song.ini. You could have an unlimited number of tiers, and difficulty is completely independent. If you wish, you could create a career with some of the hardest songs in the first and second tiers.
See Song INI Instructions on the FoFiX wiki, or do a search for how to make a career to get more info.

My question is: What has any of that got to do with the theme?
qb8young

Postby qb8young » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:13 pm

I love the new theme and want to be able to display song difficult for all the songs I have in frets. The theme only supports 7 difficulties (0-6). How can I display 8 difficulties?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:25 pm

qb8young wrote:I love the new theme and want to be able to display song difficult for all the songs I have in frets. The theme only supports 7 difficulties (0-6). How can I display 8 difficulties?

The theme only supports 7 difficulties, because that's all the code is planned to support. And also that's all that the set list from the actual rock band 2 displays, whether there is actually more difficulties or not.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:26 pm

The theme looks nice man, glad to see someone continuing it. :)
The one and only
1Eddy213

Postby 1Eddy213 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:50 pm

MistTribe wrote:How do I become alpha tester? I really want this new theme. :wink:

From 3.030 Topic
jlg6184 wrote:
destinallenpiper wrote:can i get the link to the 3.035 beta please

It is linked on the first page of this thread. In case you can not find it, it is http://code.google.com/p/fofix/ which is the Google code FoFiX site. If you scroll down the page you will see the link for the beta.

ImageImage
qb8young

Postby qb8young » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:33 pm

The theme is awesome.
I only noticed one thing it needs... I am not sure if this is for the theme or for FoFix so I have posted this there are well... Sort by Difficulty!
The RB2 Bassist
wallsofjericho

Postby wallsofjericho » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:30 pm

looks f***ing awesome! i downloaded 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and my theme looks nothing like your screenshots. help? im using FoFiX 3.030.
Check out my YouTube videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/IntoxicatedGod
Drum Fretter
blackfish55

Postby blackfish55 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:09 pm

You need the alpha, read the first post or a few posts up :P.

(this is gonna happen for a while isn't it?)
Bruut

Postby Bruut » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:46 am

blackfish55 wrote:(this is gonna happen for a while isn't it?)

Yes.

People, READ. At least check out the first post and the Ultra-Mega Rockband topic (here) and don't immediately start complaining about how it doesn't work. It's not meant to work untill the next beta, it's still all testing (that's why it's an alpha).
Tormann71's Rockband 2 DLC Project

My own Crazy Dutch Music Song Thread Currently 1 song with all diff guitar and bass, as well as expert drum and lyrics.

Quick guides to SVN updating:
made for K.i.D's RB2 theme (but works with other repository's as well)[/size]
bawwrrr.
Pk403

Postby Pk403 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:53 am

i followed the svn tutorial and wadever and i still dont see RB2!! my fofix says its FoFiX 3.035 alpha!!
Pk403's Menu
-----------

(As of 15-6-10)

W.I.P
Paramore - Brand New Eyes - Expert Vocal Charts

-----------
-----------

-----------
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:31 am

pk403 wrote:i followed the svn tutorial and wadever and i still dont see RB2!! my fofix says its FoFiX 3.035 alpha!!

Then you did something wrong, or haven't updated to the latest revision or are looking in completely the wrong place for the song list settings

Return to “FoFiX”