FoFiX Theme list

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
That's Me!
zauLLo22

Postby zauLLo22 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:57 pm

sorry but... can you put the FoF Live on WIP theme list...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30432 <= FoFiX Graphics Request Thread
yourmom1234567

Postby yourmom1234567 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:26 pm

Add my Office theme!!

Made by me and gamexprt1!!
LOAD!!!!!!
datea321

Postby datea321 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:05 pm

What about my Gh1 beta theme?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:20 am

Changed the first post and replaced the "official" section with what was posted in the first post of the MFH-Mod 3.xx thread. This list probably will be updated slightly over time. I also added datea321's GH1 beta theme to the list, as well as yourmom1234567 and gamexprt1's Office theme (even though it's of the American version of The Office :p)

@zauLLo22 - Unless I'm looking at the wrong thread, there doesn't appear to be anything to download to do with the Live mod. AFAIK, the WIP links I've put up have all had beta downloads (if I'm wrong, please correct me and I'll remove it from this list).
Pro Rock Band
RinuX

Postby RinuX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:50 am

you hav forget my dragonforce thème !!!!!!!!!!!???!!!!!!
arfn24

Postby arfn24 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:29 pm

My mod is now 3.000 Compatible! (YAY!!!)
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:45 pm

arfn24 wrote:My mod is now 3.000 Compatible! (YAY!!!)

w00t!
Atm I don't have any distinction in my list between mods that are updated enough to work and those that aren't... Perhaps I should do that at some point or other...

RinuX wrote:you hav forget my dragonforce thème !!!!!!!!!!!???!!!!!!

added to list
JcFerggy

Postby JcFerggy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:21 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Project Clone's GH2 Theme:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THEME3_000-Guitar Hero II.rar : (~18MB, RAR archive, Mediafire host)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Project Clone's GH80s Theme:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THEME3_000-Guitar Hero 80's.rar : (~29MB, RAR archive, Mediafire host)

~~~~~~~~~~
Other Downloads:
~~~~~~~~~~
Guitar Hero II & 80's Neck Pack : (~6MB, RAR archive, Mediafire host)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Project Clone's GH1 Theme:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THEME3_000-Guitar Hero I.rar : (~27MB, RAR archive, Mediafire host)

~~~~~~~~~~
Other Downloads:
~~~~~~~~~~
Guitar Hero I Neck Pack : (~2MB, RAR archive, Mediafire host)

All three themes are different from the ones that are included with the 3.0xx release, so you might want to put them in a separate column, but the GHII and 80s ones are official, and the GHI theme WAS going to be, but I missed out by hours =(.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 pm

I just updated the links on the main page to point to yours. I also added the neck packs below the big ass neck pack link.
JcFerggy

Postby JcFerggy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:39 pm

death_au wrote:I just updated the links on the main page to point to yours. I also added the neck packs below the big ass neck pack link.

Thanks, but could I suggest that you re-arrange the order of the themes with MegaLight being at the top, then GH1,GH2, 80s, GH3, AS, RB, RB2, and finally 8bit?

The order just seems to make more sense this way.

-Edit- You left the end of a quote tag on the neck downloads.
Last edited by JcFerggy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Good idea. Fixed.
Thanks.
DesertDiamond

Postby DesertDiamond » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:06 pm

death_au if you could update that'd be great. Pasketi/Desert Diamond StickHero 1.2 here http://www.mediafire.com/?unmz2nmnd3n StickHero 2.1 here http://www.mediafire.com/?1lnnl5hiqwm and MFH 3.0xx patch for either theme here http://www.mediafire.com/?ntmd2wkjwyz Thanks.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 pm

I added the StickHero links (and removed the older one)
Is there a forum thread for this theme? Where people can come and see screenshots and download the different versions? If not you should probably make one. In my experience, people generally don't like downloading themes unless they have at least seen screenshots.
Last edited by death_au on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icecrest

Postby icecrest » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:24 am

Um... I have alarian mod v 2.999 and when I activate one in the game it turns blac and just closes itself can you get me all of your 3.000 version mods? please!
Shiver at my sight

Ice crest
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:06 am

You probably wrote:I just downloaded this awesome theme from your list, but it's not compatible with the latest versions of FoFiX! What can I do?

Well firstly, check to make sure there's not a link to an updated version in the thread already. If you're lucky the theme has already been updated but there isn't a link in the first post yet. Have a browse through the thread and have a look for an updates first.
Failing that, you could request on the theme's thread that the author update their theme to work with the latest version. Ususally, however, these themes are quite old and the original authors want little to do with it anymore. What you CAN do, is convert the theme yourself, using the following instructions. Most of it is not too hard and doesn't require that much skill. Also, some of these steps can be skipped depending on how the theme was created in the first place. Hopefully this tutorial will help you get the most out of FoFiX and all it's awesome community-created themes.

Now, on with the tutorial!

-------------
lowercase
-------------
For compatibility reasons with a lot of operating systems, you need to change the filenames of everything to be lowercase. This is a simple matter of reanaming files with capital letters to lowercase letters. Just be careful of typos and misspellings.

-----------------
Sound file names
-----------------
As of MFH-mod 3.0, the names of some of the sound files have changed. These are all in the "sounds" subfolder of the theme's folder. Again, this will be a simple matter of renaming the following files:
crunchX -> selectX
fibaX -> guitscwX
bfibaX -> bassscwX

in this case X is a number. So the file "crunch1.ogg" becomes "select1.ogg", "fiba4.ogg" becomes "guitscw4.ogg" etc.
If these files are missing from the theme entirely, don't worry. It will use the default sounds and you won't have to worry about creating anything new.

------------------
Sound file types
------------------
Another thing that changed in MFH mod 3.0 is that "*.wav" files are no longer supported. This means that you may have to convert the existing wav files to oggs. There are many free programs available that will allow you to do this. I personally used Audacity to open the wav file and then export as ogg to the same folder with the same name. Once all the files are converted, you can delete the wav files.

-----------------
The menu options
-----------------
If you have an old enough theme, it will only have 3 menu options: "Play game", "Settings" and "Quit". The wording may be different, but that's what there is. In later versions of MFH-Alarian/FoFiX, there are now 5 or 6 menu options, depending on the theme.
The easiest way to convert the menu would be to copy the "menu/maintext.png" from another theme over the one in the theme you are trying to convert. Alternatively, you could try making a new one yourself, or posting in the theme's thread calling for someone to make a new menu image.
You should be aware though, that the menus are different depending on whether the theme is GH or RB based. The GH menu has the following layout:

Career
Quickplay
Multiplayer
Training
Options
Exit

Whereas the RB menu replaces both "Career" and "Quickplay" with "Solo" like so:

Solo
Multiplayer
Training
Options
Exit

Just make sure you steal/create the right menu for the theme you are trying to convert.

-----------
Drum notes
-----------
If the theme you have downloaded includes it's own drum notes, it is possible that in-game they could look completely wrong. If that's the case, this may be because they are using an old format for that image. The old image had 5 rows:
Row 1- Normal notes
Row 2- Normal bass note
Row 3- SP-building notes
Row 4- SP-building bass notes
Row 5- Blank

The new image must have 6 rows as follows:
Row 1- Normal notes
Row 2- Normal bass note
Row 3- SP-building notes
Row 4- SP-building bass notes
Row 5- SP active notes
Row 6- SP active bass note

The easiest way to conver this image is to find the height of the image, divide it by 5 and then make a new image with the same width, and a new height of the old height + old height / 5. Copy and paste the old image into the new one, then copy the first two rows of the image and paste them into the bottom two. This should be a simple matter in most paint programs that support png transparency (i.e. anything but windows Paint)

---------------------
Sharing your changes
---------------------
Chances are, you're not the only one who likes this theme. So if you have gone to the trouble of converting your favourite theme to work with FoFiX, please share with the community! Put the theme's folder into a zip file and upload it somewhere (mediafire is free and simple) and put a link to it in the theme's thread. People who like that theme will love you for it. :2thumbsup:

--------------------

Hopefully this helps you! ...And if anyone has any ideas on this, let me know so I can update it.
Last edited by death_au on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “FoFiX”