FoFIX 2021 - recover old content (themes, necks, songs)

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
TremoloMeasure

FoFIX 2021 - recover old content (themes, necks, songs)

Postby TremoloMeasure » Mon May 03, 2021 10:22 am

After having this account inactive for a long time, I will finally use it to create my first topic, I hope I don't break too much rules.
I'll be brief, I have played fofix since before this account was created and I'm still interested in continuing to play fofix possibly for several more years

however, I have had an accident where I had to format my PC and lost many of my songs and themes, although I have some material that I was able to rescue, some I have lost forever, I wanted to download everything again but I have found that it is very difficult in 2021 to download content, especially because of the huge number of dead links.
so please, I ask you, anyone who has fofix content, please, pass it by to be able to preserve it for many years.
I want to recover as much historical content.
I want to back up all the content (songs, necks, themes) in gamebanana, there the content will last for years, I guarantee it
NCRocker

Re: FoFIX 2021 - recover old content (themes, necks, songs)

Postby NCRocker » Fri May 14, 2021 2:41 am

I have started a new project based on FoFiX which intends to refresh Frets On Fire for use with Python 3. I'll make sure to add this in my to-do list.

EDIT: Here's a tip - if you try to access certain deleted FoFFF threads through the Wayback Machine, you might be able to recover some content. That's not a guarantee though; tried that on one thread which had MediaFire links, and all the links were dead.
Last edited by NCRocker on Fri May 14, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Links: Official Website - Gitlab Group - Discord Server (Invite)
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. - 2 Tim. 2:15

Return to “FoFiX”