Is there a way to adjust midi drum threshold outside the module?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jizbear

Is there a way to adjust midi drum threshold outside the module?

Postby Jizbear » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:15 am

I recently got a e-drum kit about a month ago, and have been playing various rhythm games. But as I'm getting better and making fewer actual mistakes I've come to realize that my toms will trigger my cymbals when I hit them just a little hard and it's driving me nuts. After doing some research it seems that I'm supposed to configure the threshold of my cymbals, but I don't think that's possible on the midi drums I've got. The module is super basic and there sure isn't any instruction on how to do it in the manual. The kit is Alesis Debut, yes it's made for kids, but I'm both poor and a very short guy.

Anyways I guess my question is if anyone knows of a way to lower the threshold in software? I figure there has to be some kind of software out there that I can pass the midi input thought where I could make this kind of adjustment?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Is there a way to adjust midi drum threshold outside the module?

Postby nobby76 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:44 am

Have a look on Alesis website, if there is gonna be an app to tweak yout kit, on their website is where you will find it.
I have the Strike Pro kit and you can get an external app from alesis for mine, which lets you do laods of stuff, way more than just tweaking the kit's X-talk settings. You can make your own enttire kit outside of the module if you want :smile:
Also you may find a Firmware update for your kit as well, there has been about 4 for my kit i nthe few years its been out.

Failing all of that. Get some of those foam mats (lke yoga mats, or those giant jigsaw piece mats) and place your kit on those, so it makes the floor softer, which give it less chance of sending cross-talk through the frame (which is what is happpening in your case)
But i did have a read of the entire Manual for your kit and found no mention of cross talk ( X-talk) i even tried googling it for your kit and the only things i could find was "generic cross talk elimination for any kit"
Last edited by nobby76 on Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”