ANSWERED  How do I post images and how do I post an avatar?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
beast
androidtucra

How do I post images and how do I post an avatar?

Postby androidtucra » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Having some trouble here with posting images in my topic. Not sure what I'm supposed to do. I see an Img button but it doesnt really let met do anything. Also I was trying to edit my avatar and can't upload from an online link because every image i was finding is bigger than 80 x 80 pixels. Someone help? Would be greatly appreciated!

BEST ANSWER by raph666 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm
androidtucra wrote:The link from my computer is "file:///C:/Users/andro/OneDrive/Pictures/e0FmfI8v.png". Am I supposed to upload the picture somewhere online and the new link? If so, where do I upload. I tried uploading to google drive and using that link. I also tried uploading to google photos and still no luck.

Yes you need to upload it somewhere. A link to a local file can't work. You could use something like https://imgur.com, right click on the image once uploaded and copy the image link.

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/2wusEMf.png[/img]

GO TO FULL POST
Earlier works:
n00bdirect Hero
Rammstein - Herzeleid (FULL ALBUM)

Currently working :
Puppetz Heroes for Phase Shift with Career Mode, Star Power, and Solo Markings
My own metal album called Capital Punishment: Will be released with separate audio tracks early this year!
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: How do I post images and how do I post an avatar?

Postby nobby76 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Lets start with the simple one first. Avatars " every image i find is bigger than 80x80" OK right there you have answered your own question, Its bigger than 80x80.. Every computer has at least one art/paint program built into it (on PC you have paint Just load an image into that and resize it to be the same or less than 80x80 pixels.... Quite simple really an image is too big to use, make it smaller then.

Howe to use images on this site. Have your image link, click the IMG button and it will add some image code tags looks a bit like {img} {/img} simple paste your link in between those tags, so it looks like this {img}mysillypicture.jpg{/img} the tags actually use [ and } not { and } but if i try using those to show you it thinks i am actually posting an image..

But yeah just paste your image link inbetween the code tags

Just out of interest, is this the first ever website you have been on? because the majority of websites/forums all work it the exact same way. You click an img button and it gives you code tags which you post your link in between.. Dunno how you can be 22 and not know how this is done...
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
beast
androidtucra

Postby androidtucra » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:38 pm

nobby76 wrote:Lets start with the simple one first. Avatars " every image i find is bigger than 80x80" OK right there you have answered your own question, Its bigger than 80x80.. Every computer has at least one art/paint program built into it (on PC you have paint Just load an image into that and resize it to be the same or less than 80x80 pixels.... Quite simple really an image is too big to use, make it smaller then.

Howe to use images on this site. Have your image link, click the IMG button and it will add some image code tags looks a bit like {img} {/img} simple paste your link in between those tags, so it looks like this {img}mysillypicture.jpg{/img} the tags actually use [ and } not { and } but if i try using those to show you it thinks i am actually posting an image..

But yeah just paste your image link inbetween the code tags

Just out of interest, is this the first ever website you have been on? because the majority of websites/forums all work it the exact same way. You click an img button and it gives you code tags which you post your link in between.. Dunno how you can be 22 and not know how this is done...

Ok so I already had the picture shrinked to 80x70 pixels but it seems like there is no "upload" option in the "edit avatar" tab. All I get is an option that says:
"Link off-site:
Enter the URL of the location containing the avatar image you wish to link to." ________________________________________________________________________

The link from my computer is "file:///C:/Users/andro/OneDrive/Pictures/e0FmfI8v.png". Am I supposed to upload the picture somewhere online and the new link? If so, where do I upload. I tried uploading to google drive and using that link. I also tried uploading to google photos and still no luck.
Earlier works:
n00bdirect Hero

Currently working :
My own metal album called Capital Punishment: Will be released with separate audio tracks early this year!
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm

androidtucra wrote:The link from my computer is "file:///C:/Users/andro/OneDrive/Pictures/e0FmfI8v.png". Am I supposed to upload the picture somewhere online and the new link? If so, where do I upload. I tried uploading to google drive and using that link. I also tried uploading to google photos and still no luck.

Yes you need to upload it somewhere. A link to a local file can't work. You could use something like https://imgur.com, right click on the image once uploaded and copy the image link.

Last edited by raph666 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beast
androidtucra

Postby androidtucra » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 am

raph666 wrote:

Thanks mate that was very helpful!
Earlier works:
n00bdirect Hero

Currently working :

Return to “Tech Support”