Network errors in Phase Shift

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Network errors in Phase Shift

Postby MetalMuxxer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Hey guys.

I've been trying to play PS online with a friend for 2 DAMN HOURS! and he couldn't connect to my server nor I could connect to his server. I opened the default port for Phase Shift, and I also tried with other ports but nothing, he tried both using direct connect and the public server list, I restarted my modem, we also tried using Hamachi but nothing! I have no clue on what's the error, I tried to use www.canyouseeme.org but I got "connection timed out" with any port.

Any help that you can give me?
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Re: Network errors in Phase Shift

Postby MetalMuxxer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:57 pm

raynebc wrote:Did you set up port forwarding on your modem/router? If you open a command line and issue the command "netstat /a /n" does your selected port number show as being in "LISTENING" state?

Well, none of the ports that I've opened are there, but there are various with Listening state. I've enabled port forwarding in my modem. I have dynamic IP btw.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Network errors in Phase Shift

Postby raynebc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 pm

So you forwarded some ports in your router, but those ports aren't listening when Phase Shift is running? That means Phase Shift is either not acting as a server (to allow people to connect to you for multiplayer) or it is using a port other than the one you wanted. If you add " /o" to the end of the netstat command from earlier, the output will say which process IDs are associated with listening ports. You can then go into Task Manager, select the processes tab (or Details tab if you're using a version of Windows newer than 7), enable the PID (process ID) column in "View>Select Columns", sort the image name column and find the PID for the instance of Phase Shift you have running. Look for Phase Shift's PID in the netstat output and find which ports, if any, it has in LISTENING state.

Return to “Tech Support”