Start button broke on my X-plorer

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
jasperizhere

Start button broke on my X-plorer

Postby jasperizhere » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Any way to bind a key on the keyboard to this or something? Backspace works in place of start when confirming on the high score screen, but I still can't open the menu while on a song. Perhaps I could swap the back and start button, as the back button isn't really important.

Any ideas?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Start button broke on my X-plorer

Postby nobby76 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:58 am

Yes there are ways to bind keys and joystick buttons together, there are quite a few little programs that can do this sort of thing (googling for "bind keyboard and joystick buttons" would probably yield lots of results for you. One program that gets talked about on this site all the time. It's called Joy2key, that lets you bind keys and buttons together.. But why dodge around the problem, why not just fix the guitar.. or at least open it and look to see if you could find what is wrong..

Whatever is wrong with it WILL be very easy to fix. and as far as i can think there is only 4-5 possibly things that could be wrong with it (and most of them are the same thing, just in a different location..

1 The most unlikely.. The circuit board/chip in the guitar is screwed up, thats unlikely because if it was screwed up it would have killed other buttons as well..
2 This could well be the issue.. The button itself is broken.. local electronics stores that sell buttons/switches/etc will have a similar replacement button, it will cost you like $1 at most and take about 5 minutes to replace..
3 The wire/track connection has come loose at the button end.. Simply resolder the wire/contact point on the track, so it is connected again. takes about 2 minutes.
4 The wire/track connection has come loose at the circuit board end.. again simply resolder the wire/track contact to make the connection.. takes 2 minutes.

All you will need is a soldering iron and some solder.. If it is the button that is broke, just unsolder the old one and replace it with the new one. If its a wire has come loose, just resolder the connection. Either way its 5 minutes or less fix and it means you will have a fully working guitar.. Much better than "patching over" the problem, by finding a work around..

Or the other option is to spend $10 and get a replacement guitar off ebay or something
Last edited by nobby76 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”