GHTCP PC - Sound drops on custom songs

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
soleus1402

GHTCP PC - Sound drops on custom songs

Postby soleus1402 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi guys,
This is really weird...or maybe not? Maybe it has something to do with the song being fretted for FoF for example instead of GHTCP?
Some custom songs play like they should no matter if you hit the notes or not, or if you release the button earlier on a whammy note, ie before the long line ends.
But some songs the sound vary, they are loud when you hit the notes, then they go lower or totally disappear when missing or ending a whammy earlier...really hard to enjoy playing.

Is this issue something that can be fixed editing something? First i thought the issue had something to do with my HDMI link from the PC to my TV, since I didnt experience it really when playing on the PC (when playing on the TV i tried both mirrored mode and only showing picture on the TV)...but as i stated earlier, a lot of the songs on the TV are fine, and the setlists from the GH series are all ok.

Any thoughts?
ONAONEMEU

Re: GHTCP PC - Sound drops on custom songs

Postby ONAONEMEU » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:01 pm

it's because most of the custom songs (includes FoF,PS and GH3 customs) only use a single track,as opposed of separated tracks,used in official songs
so when you miss a note it doesn't mute the guitar part because it doesn't have a guitar track.

for the song beind loud,you can add a silence sound on the guitar part in GHTCP,if you select "Guitar Track" while adding a song,put the audio file in the "Band Track" and in the "Guitar Track" use a silence sound on that track,so that the audio doesn't varies when you miss a note or gets weird when you whammy
Song Reupload Thread (Will be deleted by MEGA on 2022-01-26. "Thanks" again fortumo)
soleus1402

Re: GHTCP PC - Sound drops on custom songs

Postby soleus1402 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:06 am

ONAONEMEU wrote:it's because most of the custom songs (includes FoF,PS and GH3 customs) only use a single track,as opposed of separated tracks,used in official songs
so when you miss a note it doesn't mute the guitar part because it doesn't have a guitar track.

for the song beind loud,you can add a silence sound on the guitar part in GHTCP,if you select "Guitar Track" while adding a song,put the audio file in the "Band Track" and in the "Guitar Track" use a silence sound on that track,so that the audio doesn't varies when you miss a note or gets weird when you whammy

Thank you so much for your great solution :-)
Cheers

Return to “Tech Support”