Noob question, anyone know how to fix?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
soleus1402

Noob question, anyone know how to fix?

Postby soleus1402 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:47 am

Hi guys :)
I use PC and GHTCP, great solution for me.

Since downloading I encountered many problems, most of them I found the fix for using this great forum and youtube tutoriols (if you are a person helping others, thank you :) I have a lot of tunes ive seen requested, so contacting those will be my way of giving back to the community).
I know these problems are probably because they are made för FoF and other GH similars.
I downloaded audiocity to combine .ogg files to fix sound issues in downloaded customs, and it works great.

Ive seen a solution to where frets start instantly and when music and frets are off sync in a Youtube video, I just have to use another program and make sure the start of the song through the .ogg file is in sync with mid file.

But what I cant find, and I dont know if its event possible to fix is:
In several tunes EVERY single fret is a Whammy bar fret (?).
Is this something related to another GH clone, or is it just that the charter wanted it that way?

There are some greats songs with this issue, so I really hope there is a way to fix it, and that its not to complicated :-)

Thanks in advance for any help :-)
Cheers
soleus1402

Re: Noob question, anyone know how to fix?

Postby soleus1402 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:14 am

raynebc wrote:Which game's behavior are you describing, regarding this charts? Can you post any screen captures or any of the chart files?

Hi raynebc :-)
Thanks for replying, at work now, I will post both this evening,
Cheers

EDIT: eh, embarrassing...hahaha, I dont really know how to...how do I attach files such as pictures and the midi file so you can have a look?
Last edited by soleus1402 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
soleus1402

Postby soleus1402 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:16 pm

raynebc wrote:Which game's behavior are you describing, regarding this charts? Can you post any screen captures or any of the chart files?

Hi Raynebc,
(or anyone willing to take a look)
This is a link to the song Alter Bridge - Buried alive...its only one example of this...problem.
Included is the midi file and 4 sequential screenshots.
Cheers

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2lt44t ... /Documents
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm

You didn't say, so I'm assuming you're using Guitar Hero 3 or something. Please clarify what you mean by "EVERY single fret is a Whammy bar fret", are you saying every note has to be strummed and there are no HOPOs? You didn't mention what part of the chart the screen captures refer to, but when I import the MIDI into EOF I don't see all of these overlapping notes. The MID->chart converter being used may be malfunctioning or something. You could try importing and saving the MIDI in EOF and using that new MIDI file, EOF could happen to fix some sort of problem with the chart that way. If you do import the MIDI, use EOF's "Track>Repair grid snap" function with a value of 13 milliseconds to fix some badly synced notes in the chart.
Last edited by raynebc on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soleus1402

Postby soleus1402 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:14 am

raynebc wrote:You didn't say, so I'm assuming you're using Guitar Hero 3 or something. Please clarify what you mean by "EVERY single fret is a Whammy bar fret", are you saying every note has to be strummed and there are no HOPOs? You didn't mention what part of the chart the screen captures refer to, but when I import the MIDI into EOF I don't see all of these overlapping notes. The MID->chart converter being used may be malfunctioning or something. You could try importing and saving the MIDI in EOF and using that new MIDI file, EOF could happen to fix some sort of problem with the chart that way. If you do import the MIDI, use EOF's "Track>Repair grid snap" function with a value of 13 milliseconds to fix some badly synced notes in the chart.

Hi Raynebc :)
Yep, sorry, I use Guitar Hero 3 through GHTCP. With every single fret is a whammy bar fret i probably mean overlapping notes reading your comment...english is not my first language, its Swedish, and im not used to music terms so dont really know that to call it when the "round circles in 5 different coulours" all have a line connected through the whole song...since I use the whammy normally when they occur i thought whammy bar fret whas a good way to describe them.

I found EOF, I'll go ahead and try the above, thanks a million :-)
Cheers

EDIT:
Youre a KING Raynebc,
Using EOF with the 13 milliseconds worked, i saved as overwriting the .eof i had in the library, and then I used the notes_gh3.mid now present in the library...this took care of this issue.
Then i put in the offset present in the song.ini in the offset part of the song settings and executed...now im golden.
Tried on several other songs now and It works beutifly...I owe you one, thanks!!!

Have a great sunday, cheers
Last edited by soleus1402 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tech Support”