Impossible to use Wired Rock Band Guitar drivers

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
fofuser

Impossible to use Wired Rock Band Guitar drivers

Postby fofuser » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Hello,

I have read the FAQ in the sticky and have searched all over the internet for drivers that will allow me to install the wired Rockband guitar on my windows 7 (64) bit machine. Just for reference the model of the guitar is 822152 which is made by Harmonix for the xbox 360. The hardware ID for the guitar (as shown in the device manager) is USB\VID_1BAD&PID_0002&REV_0103. I have been searching all over the internet to find a driver that will work and have come up empty so at this point I am feeling that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get this guitar to work on windows 7 and would welcome anyone to prove me wrong.

Here are screenshots of the guitar properties as seen in the device manager

Thanks,
FOFUser
Last edited by fofuser on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Re: Impossible to use Wired Rock Band Guitar drivers

Postby BombDude24 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Right click the controller in Device Manager, then click properties, then under Driver, click Update Driver..., then Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, and pick Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, the latest version, then install, and it will register your guitar as a controller, and you can use it in whatever program that you use.

If it specifies type of device, use the same thing from Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class. That's what I've done to get all my wired controllers to work, and should hopefully work the same for you.

Return to “Tech Support”