Some questions regarding EoF features

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

Some questions regarding EoF features

Postby MetalMuxxer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Hey.

I've made like 11 charts using the last version of EoF already, but there are some features that I dind't tried before and I would like to know what are their exact functions so I can improve my charts.

Crazy notes

From what I've read, this lets you play notes while holding other notes, something like this:

O---------------------------------------

----------O------------------------------

Right?

Open Strum notes

I've read that this lets you add like a 6 fret (a 0 fret), is this fully compatible with Phase Shift?

Force HO/PO On

Is it possible to Force HO/POs On for Phase Shift? I once did that in one of my frets and no notes appeared when I played it, so is it compatible or it was just an error? And looks like I can force HO/POs off, I always do it.

Trill

So this is for (usually) fast parts that play 2 different notes like blue-yellow-blue-yellow. But what does this makes exactly? Do this force HO/POs on for the marked notes?

Tremolo

This is for fast strums of the same note (red-red-red-red-red...) but what does this make exactly to the marked notes?

Sliders

Idk what these are for.

Anchors

I can't understand what these are for exactly, and how to use them, but I've heard they are very useful to keep the BPM stable.

Real Guitar

I want to fret real guitar for one of my songs, but how does it works? Does it works like in RockSmith? Playing with the cable?

I've read the manual but I just can't understand what are some of these things for, so any help would be great.
Last edited by MetalMuxxer on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AbelArcher

Re: Some questions regarding EoF features

Postby AbelArcher » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Crazy notes
Correct.

Open Strum notes
They do work, and are like 95% functional on PS, the only issue being is that you can't make them hopos.

Force HO/PO On
Yes, you can force hopos on. Big circle means forced strum, small circle means forced hopo, and normal circle is determined by the game.

Trill
Makes it so you have to hit the buttons at a certain speed rather than hit the notes exactly. Only should be used for extremely fast parts that are almost impossible to do normally.

Tremolo
Works the same way as trill, but with one button instead and needing to strum. Again, like above, this only should be used for extremely fast parts that are almost impossible to do normally.

I also read somewhere that it works better if you exclude the last note in the line, like this:
(R-R-R-R-R-R)-R

Not sure if that's true though.

Sliders
These are basically tap notes, and the purple notes from GH4-6 are sliders/tap notes.

Anchors
They allow you to change the BPM, if you have done a proper tempo map, then you have used them.

Real Guitar
Not sure of the functionality with Phase Shift, but I think it's closer to RB3 pro guitar rather than Rocksmith.
Though I think you can chart Rocksmith customs with EoF.
ONAONEMEU

Postby ONAONEMEU » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:43 pm

edit2: Archer beat me to it.

Crazy notes
From what I've read, this lets you play notes while holding other notes, something like this:

----------O------------------------------

Right?

that's how it works

Note: FoF/FoFix and RB3 doesn't support Crazy Notes (Can be fixed by adapting the chart)

Open Strum notes
I've read that this lets you add like a 6 fret (a 0 fret), is this fully compatible with Phase Shift?

open strum lets you use notes that you only need the strum bar to hit them,PS fully supports them

Note: FoF/FoFix and RB3 doesn't support open notes (Can be fixed by adapting the chart,aka change all open notes to green)

Force HO/PO On
Is it possible to Force HO/POs On for Phase Shift? I once did that in one of my frets and no notes appeared when I played it, so is it compatible or it was just an error? And looks like I can force HO/POs off, I always do it.

Phase Shift supports the Force HOPO on/off option in EOF,idk what may have caused the notes to disappear. It was probably just an error.

Trill
So this is for (usually) fast parts that play 2 different notes like blue-yellow-blue-yellow. But what does this makes exactly? Do this force HO/POs on for the marked notes?

i don't know if PS allows ghosting or spamming,but when a trill is marked,for example,there's a slow Yellow-Blue sequence and you hit the Blue fret fast (ghosting),it still alows for you to hit without having to strum again).
That was hard to write,i might have explained something wrong.

Tremolo
This is for fast strums of the same note (red-red-red-red-red...) but what does this make exactly to the marked notes?

If you overstrum in the marked part you don't lose the note streak

Sliders
Idk what these are for.

they work like HOPOs,but if you miss one,you don't need to strum again to hit them.
you'll mostly see them being used in Keyboard solos or that stuff,Solos that are too hard to FC,or just for the looks.

Anchors
I can't understand what these are for exactly, and how to use them, but I've heard they are very useful to keep the BPM stable.

i use them very frequently on feedback,but i don't know how they work on EOF.
it allows to determine BPM by "highlighting" two parts and then setting a second to the second beat so it sync with the song,then the program
automatically adjusts the BPM to match.

Real Guitar
I want to fret real guitar for one of my songs, but how does it works? Does it works like in RockSmith? Playing with the cable?

I've read the manual but I just can't understand what are some of these things for, so any help would be great.

can't help with that,I never tried using it.
Last edited by ONAONEMEU on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Song Reupload Thread (Will be deleted by MEGA on 2022-01-26. "Thanks" again fortumo)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:46 pm

To add to the previous answers, Phase Shift's pro guitar capability is similar to that in Rock Band 3 (ie. using a Mustang or Squier pro guitar controller). Check out the pro guitar tutorial in EOF's help menu to see more about this mode of authoring.

Return to “Tech Support”