Songs not playing

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
fradd

Songs not playing

Postby fradd » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:52 am

Some of the songs I try to play show up in the menus, but when I select them, it says "LOADING" then goes back to the song selection menu.
This has happened with a few songs, but I just downloaded obzen's fretting of "Crack the Skye", the full album by Mastodon, and it does it with all the songs:

Each song's folder has:
album.png
guitar.ogg
notes fof.mid
notes.eof
notes.mid
notes.mid.backup
ps.dat
song.ini
song.ini.backup

I've compared this to the folders of songs that do work, and I've deleted everything but guitar.ogg, notes.mid, song.ini, and album.png, but it still won't work. I've tried deleting certains combinations of the files and nothing has worked.

When I open FoFix and try to navigate to one of the songs, and select it, and it just brings me straight back to the menu, this is what the log says:

[ 12.476000] (D) Retrieving sections from: C:\Users\Brett\FoFiX\data\songs\Mastodon\(Album) Mastodon - Crack the Skye (2009) (PRO)\07 - The Last Baron (PRO)\notes.mid
[ 12.687000] (W) Song.py: Unable to retrieve section names for practice mode selection: MidiSectionReader instance has no attribute 'sysex_event'
[ 12.688000] (E) Cannot retrieve start position!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "SongChoosingScene.pyo", line 250, in run
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Is there any way to fix this?
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: Songs not playing

Postby Maupy2 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:02 am

Try opening the song.ini with notepad, and delete every line (that's probably only 1) that has 'sysex' in it. That might work, though I'm not 100% sure.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Rename "notes.mid" to "notesold.mid" and rename "notes fof.mid" to "notes.mid".
fradd

Postby fradd » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:02 pm

wolferacing wrote:Rename "notes.mid" to "notesold.mid" and rename "notes fof.mid" to "notes.mid".

Awesome it worked!
Thanks.
danucalov1

Postby danucalov1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 pm

wolferacing wrote:Rename "notes.mid" to "notesold.mid" and rename "notes fof.mid" to "notes.mid".

Thanks!

was having the same issue.
Hopefully this helps somybody else

Return to “Tech Support”