Solved Guitar cause song initialization to fail on Win10

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 8 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
KoshiEternium

Solved Guitar cause song initialization to fail on Win10

Postby KoshiEternium » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:08 pm

I recently upgraded to WinX from Win7 and tried to play FoFix 3.121 final but if I load FoFix without my 360 wireless guitar being turned on the songs play fine, but when I try to play a song while I have the 360 wireless guitar turned on the loading screen freezes and FoFix becomes unresponsive. If anyone has any ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it, I'd very much appreciate it
Last edited by KoshiEternium on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
KoshiEternium

Re: Guitar cause song initialization to fail on Windows 10

Postby KoshiEternium » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:13 am

Still need help to play FoFix with my 360 wireless guitar on Windows 10. It'll let me select through the menus, but as soon as I choose a song FoFix becomes unresponsive at the song initialization screen, yet the song will load just fine if the guitar is not turned on. I have reinstalled my guitar drivers and FoFix but I still can't play a song with my guitar. What can I do to play FoFix with the guitar on Windows 10?
KoshiEternium

Re: Guitar cause song initialization to fail on Windows 10

Postby KoshiEternium » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:23 pm

I've tried everything and I still can't play FoFix with my wireless 360 guitar, even though I can move through the menus just fine with the guitar it locks up when a song is initializing unless the guitar is turned off. I don't get why and need help.
KoshiEternium

Re: HELP! Guitar cause song initialization to fail on Window

Postby KoshiEternium » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:58 am

Still need help as to why FoFix v3.121 fails to initialize songs when the guitar is turned on, but works just fine without the guitar turned off
THE RiPPER
bluzer

Postby bluzer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Sorry man, i dont think anyone can help you. Just thought i'd reply to acknowledge your problem is heard.
Image .... Image

-=-=-=-=-=- Request Your RB Songs Here: Song Request Page! -=-=-=-=-=-

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Hidden Rock Band Rip!(expert only, Puppetz Style Custom!)
Scrolling Lyrics Tutorial (Rockband Style) 4 MFH-Alarian Mod
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (links updated 10.12.09)
Guitar Hero: Metallica + DLC
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5 DLC (incomplete)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
ALL Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock DLC Downloadable
Rock Band 3: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
Available as RB3 DLC:
~~Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~The Bee Gee's 01 Track Pack
~~John Lennon's "Imagine" Album
~~Queen Extravaganza Pack
~~Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
~~Billy Joel: The Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~Johnny Cash 01 Track Pack
~~Dragonforce RB3 DLC Songs
~~Linkin Park 6 Pack
~~Ozzy 8-Pack
~~The Doors: Greatest Hits
~~Lady GaGa 02
~~Bruno Mars TP
~~Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
~~Megadeth - Rust In Peace
~~Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With the Chili Peppers
~~Foo Fighters Track Pack 02/03/04
~~Coldplay Collection 01
~~Nirvana 01/02 & Celebrating Nirvana TPs
~~Avenged Sevenfold 01 TPs +2
~~20 Single DLCs

All of the links under this button are dead, its here for an archived version of my old "sig"
KoshiEternium

Postby KoshiEternium » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:05 am

Ok, thank you for the reply

Just a bit annoying and confusing why Fofix will work just fine, but songs fail to initialize if I have the guitar turned on and nothing I've tried has helped
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:37 am

I know this is pretty much an irrelevant answer, but have you thought about switching over to Phase Shift? It works pretty much exactly like FoFiX, but it does have more features, and I believe most of the current charters here use PS over FoFiX.
KoshiEternium

Postby KoshiEternium » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:15 pm

I wouldn't say irrelevant, I did look at Phase Shift while looking for a Guitar Hero clone but FoFix was the one I got working and songs for. Do you know if the songs I got for FoFix transfer to Phase Shift?
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:31 pm

Yes, all FoFiX songs will work on Phase Shift, but not all Phase Shift songs will work on FoFiX, so that's why Phase Shift is the preferred game on this forum nowadays.
KoshiEternium

Postby KoshiEternium » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:12 pm

I see, fair enough then. Will have to give Phase Shift a shot, thanks
KoshiEternium

Postby KoshiEternium » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:40 pm

I got Phase Shift and all works well, just need to find a Guitar Hero style skin and fine tune the A/V delay and such so Phase Shift feels more like FoFix did. Thanks for helping
KoshiEternium

Re: Solved Guitar cause song initialization to fail on Win10

Postby KoshiEternium » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:38 am

Now that's all sorted. Got any suggestions on how to set the audio video delay? I can't seem to get it to feel good and playing the calibration song over and over doesn't seem to help as it give different numbers each time, so I'm not sure if positive or negative numbers are the ones I need to use, the default theme isn't helping either I don't think making it harder to get the notes exactly on the strum line. thanks again if you guys can help again, really appreciate it
The Avenger
Yhughu

Postby Yhughu » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:12 am

If you want to decide if you need positive or negative numbers, just try a song with delay on +200 and one on -200, then you can see which one you need. If you strum too early at -200 and too late at +200 you know if you need a lower number if you strum too late and a higher number if you strum too early.
KoshiEternium

Postby KoshiEternium » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Still can't work out the A/V delay to have it feel like FoFix did. I started at +/-200 and worked to 0, is the scale the same as FoFix? Cause I needed a much higher A/V delay than I've read that people use for FoFix. If it helps the last calibration results were, Audio 99 and Video -15, FoFix was much easier to set only having one number for delay not two, like can I leave one of the delays at 0 and use the other to tune? I know I've asked a lot of questions recently and I may have more, I just after my 360's disc drive packed up FoFix has been the only way to use my guitar, was meant to be the drums though they need some messing with the sensors or some new ones to play them, just struggling a little to find the right levels of delay
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Only having one adjustable calibration setting presents a problem for a lot of people. Some monitors have a delay between when the computer sends out the video signal and when the monitor actually shows the video signal (let's call this video lag). Some sound set-ups have a delay between when the computer sends out the audio signal and when the speaker actually plays the audio signal (audio delay). You can tell if you have video lag by muting the game and trying to play the notes at the perfect time that they come across the bottom of the screen. If you're consistently hitting notes late or early, you'll want to adjust your video lag (if adjusting it makes it worse, you'll want to adjust it in the opposite direction). You can tell if you have audio lag by "playing to the music", i.e. strumming the notes when you hear them being played. Theoretically, a system with no audio delay could be played by someone with their eyes closed (assuming they are familiar with the note chart) and all the notes would be played on-time. So try playing a song that you're familiar with and try playing it according to what you're hearing, not what you're seeing, and adjust accordingly like the video lag.

The automatic calibration in PS is very good for determining ballpark calibration numbers. My auto calibration results gave me Audio: 50 and Video: 0. From here I used the previously mentioned methods to fine-tune each calibration individually until I got Audio: 70 and Video: 30, which is perfect for me. So I'd recommend doing something like that. Also, there are quite a lot of PS mods and themes on this forum and the PS forum that you can download. Personally, I think the RB3 theme is beautiful.

Return to “Tech Support”