IndexError in loading single vocal track

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 8 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

IndexError in loading single vocal track

Postby Kueller917 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:24 am

So I'm trying to test out a song and in loading the vocals I get the "IndexError: list index out of range" exception. Stack trace shows it's thrown from addVocalLyric function in Song.py from the line

Code: Select all

track = [i for i,j in enumerate(self.song.parts) if self.partnumber == j][0]

I've encountered this before, mainly when trying to load a song with multiple lyric parts. Confirmed it when searching in this subforum. I make sure to only include one in the notes.mid file, and did the same for this song.

The MIDI file I'm using definitely has only one PART VOCALS track . I've checked it with other midi files I've exported that are of similar format (from the Reaper template I export from) and are confirmed to still work, nothing is radically different there. The vocal track itself seems fine with no obvious errors. Every note has a lyric and everything is under a phrase marker.

So, I can't really figure out what's wrong, or what else the error could be related to. It's very vague but I suppose if I had a stronger clue I'd be looking into it instead of asking for help. I'm just a bit lost as to where to go from here.
Image Image
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Re: IndexError in loading single vocal track

Postby Kueller917 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Double post but I found the source of the problem. The entries in the Events track were of type Lyric somehow (Reaper usually defaults everything to Text Event on a new session). The result was that after loading the vocal track through addVocalLyric it would then start adding each event as a lyric, counting the track as another invalid vocal track and crashing.
Image Image

Return to “Tech Support”