Calibration On Phase Shift?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Lmaolikeacow

Calibration On Phase Shift?

Postby Lmaolikeacow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:42 am

Can anyone tell me how to properly calibrate phaseshift? I can't play songs that I used to be able to FC like Impulse Or Sacrifice
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: Calibration On Phase Shift?

Postby Maupy2 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:10 am

Most likely, it's already properly calibrated. However, if you used to play FoFiX and now play Phase Shift, you just need to get used to it. The hit window in Phase Shift is a lot smaller than in FoFiX. This may be annoying in the beginning, but I promise you'll get used to it.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Micicle

Postby Micicle » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 am

Main Menu > Options > Calibration > Play Calibration Song

After playing the calibration song it should be pretty close to where it should be but you may still need to manually tweak the values to find the sweet spot for your set up. You can adjust them mid-song by pausing and selecting game options from the menu.

1) Play Calibration Song
2) Go to quickplay and load up a song with a well made chart and a steady rhythm
3) Play for a bit
4) If it seems notes are coming before the sound increase your video delay or decrease the audio delay slightly.
5) Play some more
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 until it feels right

Edit: Also in the future please post phase shift support questions on the phase shift forums. http://dwsk.proboards.com/
Lmaolikeacow

Postby Lmaolikeacow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:48 pm

I feel so hopeless. i keep repeating the steps and even have vsync and tripple buffering off, but it makes no differance. I just can't play impulse for the life of me where I could play it so well in guitar hero 3. Should I just move all my songs to frets on fire and say screw it? Does frets on fire support piano?
Bala619

Postby Bala619 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:04 pm

This game is a piece of ****
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Bala619 wrote:This game is a piece of ****

And you made an account to just tell people this?

Congrats you win the award..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”