Incredibly stupid question

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
retrogamer42

Incredibly stupid question

Postby retrogamer42 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Well aware that this is FOF; however I'm having a total dumb moment. I've gotten the latest phase shift, added the beatles themes, all the beatles songs, no problem!

However... I can't figure out how to play with mic. I have a Rockband USB mic and my computer is recognizing it but I can't for the life of me figure out how to select it in game!

Can anybody help
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: Incredibly stupid question

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 pm

The question isn't that stupid, haha. The reason you can't figure out how to play with mic, is that Phase Shift doesn't have the feature for singing yet. As far as I'm aware, it will be added sometime in the future, but since it's an incredibly difficult feature to program, it's not their priority. (Or, I might be entirely wrong. But that doesn't change the fact that Phase Shift doesn't have the future yet.)
If you want to play with mic, you will have to use FoFiX.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
retrogamer42

Postby retrogamer42 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Maupy2 wrote:The question isn't that stupid, haha. The reason you can't figure out how to play with mic, is that Phase Shift doesn't have the feature for singing yet. As far as I'm aware, it will be added sometime in the future, but since it's an incredibly difficult feature to program, it's not their priority. (Or, I might be entirely wrong. But that doesn't change the fact that Phase Shift doesn't have the future yet.)
If you want to play with mic, you will have to use FoFiX.

Understood!

With FoFiX can I do all the same things? (that being add Beatles theme, and all the Beatles Rock Band songs)?
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:39 am

I'm not sure. The Beatles theme for Phase Shift doesn't work with FoFiX, but someone on this site might have made The Beatles theme for FoFiX.
And I'm not sure about the songs either. Where did you get the songs? If you got them from the topic Bluzer's Rock Band Series For Phase Shift, they won't work unless you convert every song to FoFiX format, which is quite a lot of work. (If you don't know how to convert it, it's in the FAQ at the top of the topic)
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
cpincpersonal

Postby cpincpersonal » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:11 pm

I think really what people want is simply to use the USB microphone in Phase Shift to just sing along. Not be scored on the singing.

I mean think about it for a second, the lyrics are right on the screen. I am very surprised that this isn't a standard feature to sing along in Phase Shift. I mean, people know most of the songs anyways. :cursing: :scared:

Return to “Tech Support”