Program for converting sng to chart files?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 1 year and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Sirenix

Program for converting sng to chart files?

Postby Sirenix » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:43 am

In Short I want to get more advanced fret programs to recognize the songs ive dont thus far using Freetar

I've made a bunch of songs on Freetar and I would like to know if theres a program that will convert sng files to charts. I've got FeedBack and other programs I want to use to create songs for Guitar Hero, but I haven't learned how to change the notes.mid, or sng files into a format that will be recognized by more advanced fret creation programs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do about the songs i have already created so that they are not lost and I have to totally redo them? Also what are everyone's recommendations as to what programs should be used to make songs for Guitar Hero, and FoF. I use FoF to test the songs that I will be burning to my Guitar Hero cds. Also I've seen lots of Phase Shift stuff. It looks a LOT like guitar hero, so im wondering if theres a program that makes songs for it that will be easy to convert to Guitar Hero. (unless there plug and play so to speak)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Program for converting sng to chart files?

Postby raynebc » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:07 am

Back in the old days when Freetar was still popular, this website was the main method used to convert Freetar SNG files to MIDI:
http://www.nukular.ch/foftools

You can use the MIDI<->chart converter to get it into the .chart format if you want to edit it in Feedback, which is probably your best bet if you want to create ACTUAL Guitar Hero customs since it supports all of the GH notations, stage events, etc. It can also be used to author for FoF, but you'll have to convert the .chart file to MIDI using the related converter again, or importing into EOF and saving it.

If you want to author for Phase Shift, EOF supports many of its features that aren't available/compatible with FoF. EOF can also be used to author for FoF, but due to bugs in FoF you need to be careful if you are adding Phase Shift features because those features cause FoF to crash. You can enable a preference in EOF to save a Rock Band compatible MIDI file which will work without issue in FoF.

Or if you want, you can use both editors in the process of preparing them for Guitar Hero. Just don't constantly go back and forth between the two editors because the timing formats are different and you can lose 0.5ms of timing accuracy each time you import it back into the other editor. So for example, you could convert the SNG file to MIDI, import it into EOF, use it to sync up the song (EOF's waveform graph, metronome and clap tools will be very helpful in this step), save your changes, convert the MIDI to .chart format, load that up in Feedback and add all the specialized Guitar Hero notations and it should be ready to go.
Sirenix

Postby Sirenix » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:18 am

That dos actually help a lot. I knew about nuk. So I guess that still leaves the question, what should I use to convert either the sng files, or the mid files for songs i already completed into a format, that feedback can use? Is there such a thing? I like EOF I played with it a bit but seems a bit more complex then im able to handle right now. Been trying real hard to figure out best ways to sync BPM but I apparently suck at it. Seeing the songs I already created in EOF is embarrasing lol.

EDIT: Actually also I'm still a bit confused if there's a program for actually converting the smg files OR mid files into chart files.
Sirenix

Postby Sirenix » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 am

Thanks :D Thats what I was hoping for. Hard to find stuff like that with a google search lol I tried.
The cycle has no end
Gefolo

Postby Gefolo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:53 pm

As I expected, the primary link was dropped. does anyone know any way to convert SNG to CHART or MIDI?

Return to “Tech Support”